1050 users online (211 members and 839 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mother Accidentally Runs Over, Kills Daughter

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. Wisconsin police say a woman backing out of a driveway ran over and killed her daughter on Christmas Eve.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179766,00.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

This is referred to as the" bye bye syndrome" and is very traumatic. Heartbreaking.

That's just horrible!

I knew a family that this same situation happened. None of them were ever the same. It is so tragic.

We had a child brought to our hospital i work at who was run over by the babysitter, it was horrible, he didnt make it....

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I knew a family that this same situation happened. None of them were ever the same. It is so tragic.
    Ditto. They were never the same.

A situation similar to this happened at a school where I used to teach. The teacher's mother-in-law backed over her child who was playing hide and go seek in the leaves. It was really sad. The teacher and her husband divorced about a year after this. Even though she knew it wasn't his mother's fault....she just couldn't get over it. They were such a loving couple. It tore the whole family apart. So very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    A situation similar to this happened at a school where I used to teach. The teacher's mother-in-law backed over her child who was playing hide and go seek in the leaves. It was really sad. The teacher and her husband divorced about a year after this. Even though she knew it wasn't his mother's fault....she just couldn't get over it. They were such a loving couple. It tore the whole family apart. So very sad.
    thats horrific, my 3 year old cousin was hit and killed by a woman rushing to get to the hospital to see her father who was sick and my cousin was playing ball in the yard as my uncle cut the grass and the ball rolled in the street and she ran to get it and the woman driving was going to fast to stop and it killed her, my uncle seen it as he was mowing the lawn, my aunt in the kitchen putting groceries away ran out and my cousin died in my uncles arms....well my aunt said the one and only thing that got her through it was God and to this day she is a very strong woman of faith and her and my uncle have been married for years and are so loving, nobody blames the other as in so many cases....its so sad for everyone involved....

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    thats horrific, my 3 year old cousin was hit and killed by a woman rushing to get to the hospital to see her father who was sick and my cousin was playing ball in the yard as my uncle cut the grass and the ball rolled in the street and she ran to get it and the woman driving was going to fast to stop and it killed her, my uncle seen it as he was mowing the lawn, my aunt in the kitchen putting groceries away ran out and my cousin died in my uncles arms....well my aunt said the one and only thing that got her through it was God and to this day she is a very strong woman of faith and her and my uncle have been married for years and are so loving, nobody blames the other as in so many cases....its so sad for everyone involved....
    What a very sad story. I am glad they were able to focus on their faith and love for each other rather than letting it tear them apart. A death of a child is so sad. We expect to bury our parents ...not our children.

We expect to bury our parents ...
    I know and even hearing that scares the you know what out of me, i will be a wreck when that day comes........

I read about that case. The kid was covered in the leaves and it looked like it was just the pile of leaves. It broke my heart.
    I have heard the divorce rate is high for parents of chiildren that die. Even though they truly don't blame each other, it is a constant reminder of what happened just being together.

This happened to a young cousin of mine. She was 2 and I was about 10. She was the youngest of two girls. She was playing behind her dad's car and he backed over her. Her parents never got over it, and in fact went on to have seven more children, as if trying to replace Christie. They stayed together and are a happy family, despite the tragedy, but they have never gotten over losing their little girl like that. So very sad.

Prayers for this family.

What a horrible accident. I pray this mother can forgive herself. I can't imagine the guilt she must feel even though it was truely an accident.

Some of the newer cars have the little TV screens now so when you back out it shows what's behind you. I think that's a great idea for SUVs and trucks. Sounds like this was a case of not seeing her at night.

We also had some friends about 20 years ago; he ran over his little one-year-old girl who had run out while the mother was on the phone. My husband counselled him on the phone many times after that; the mother couldn't get out of bed for a while and they both felt terribly guilty. Luckily they were so religious and got counseling, I think that's what helped them finally.

But like yall, said, you can never completely get over something like that.

I can not imagine what that mother feels right now. I do not know how you can overcome something like this.. My children are my life, and it would tear me apart to lose any of them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast