Change name of Forum to Janet Marie Christiansen - Married to Raven Abaroa

Should we change name of forum to Janet Marie Christiansen - Married to Raven Abaroa

• Yes change to Janet Marie Christiansen - Married to Raven Abaroa

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Change to Janet Marie Christiansen (Abaroa)

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No keep as Janet Abaroa (though she was also a Christiansen)

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Depends on what everyone else thinks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

terminatrixator

All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and
Reaction score
Dear Morderators and Owner(s) of Websleuths:

I was wondering if you would consider a name change of this Forum.

If you need to call Janet anything, - Janet Marie Christiansen who was married to Raven Abaroa would be great, but she wasn't just plain old Janet Abaroa. She was more than that, she was Janet Marie Christiansen wife of Raven Abaroa.

If you think a poll would be something that could help you make a decision, I will add it here.

Perhaps, I am being a bit emotional today, but obviously Raven isn't.

Thanks for your time & Consideration.

Happy Holidays,

Trix

I prefer Janet Marie Christiansen....Abaroas seem to have no reguard for her memory anywhere on the net.

I'll state my opinion regarding my vote and that is that for ease of searching the web, etc. it may be easier with the Janet Christiansen (Abaroa) title. In addition, it just kills me to be reminded that she was married to Raven Abaroa. I guess it softens the blow with the parenthesis around the married name. (denial is a beautiful river, huh?)

Cast my vote for the (A) version. For all the reasons Legal stated, and the fact that Kaiden's last name is Abaroa.... and above all else Janet will always be Kaiden's mommy.

If I were Janet's family, I would want the Abaroa name dropped, especially if I was absolutely sure The Rave was the murderer.... but for Kaiden, I think I would hang on to it somewhere.

Thanks for asking for opinions Trix.

LTUlegal said:
I'll state my opinion regarding my vote and that is that for ease of searching the web, etc. it may be easier with the Janet Christiansen (Abaroa) title. In addition, it just kills me to be reminded that she was married to Raven Abaroa. I guess it softens the blow with the parenthesis around the married name. (denial is a beautiful river, huh?)
Ditto!

I don't think the forum name should be changed.

When people search for information on this case they are going to search for Janet Abaroa (her legal name)

People will not be able to find the forum easily if we change the name of the forum.

I voted for it to not be changed only for the reasons that MaryKate had said...

I understand what you mean - but she was Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa, not just Janet Abaroa and truthfully seeing the name Christiansen - next to Abaroa kinda makes me ill, like I'm sure it does many people. I just want her to be recognized, and many people do search for Janet Christiansen also.

Really I doubt it will be changed..

That is her legal name and the one the Media uses. Most people searching for info on this case are not going to know her maiden name. At least not until they come here or a simailair site where posters know it and post it.

Typically a forum name will change when someone is arrested and charges filed then it will the "The state of ________ v/ ___________-
With a description of the crime listed underneith.

IN the interest of the forum I just think to change the forum name is not a good idea.

i can see your point trix, there's nothing i'd love better than to see the abaroa name GONE from this forum......

..but------in searching for janet's case/info, unfortunately the abaroa name is needed-------and if one single friend/acquaintance finds this forum and then gives the most innocuous piece of info to LE because of it, i'll be ok with it.

..to the friends/acquaintances/neighbors/co-workers of janet's and /or raven's--------if you have the slightest bit of information regarding janet...or raven...(however small it may seem) please call the detective in charge.

(from term's post :)

If anyone has any tips, heard rumors, no matter how insignificant it may seem to you, heard anything inconsistent with the facts of the case, noticed any suspicious behavior by anyone that may have known Janet, please contact Durham County Police Department or you may anonymously contact CrimeStoppers.

Durham County Police Department

Durham Police Headquarters

Central District Substation
505 West Chapel Hill Street

Durham, NC 27701

Telephone Number: 1-919-560-4935
Facsimile: 1-919-560-1137 FAX

Criminal Investigations: 1-919-560-4440

Durham County CrimeStoppers:

Please contact CrimeStoppers to provide the confidential information necessary for the arrest of the person(s) who committed the reported crime. Remember, all information is confidential and the caller always remains anonymous.

Telephone Number: 1-919-683-1200

I also think we should leave Abaroa in her name (for now). If Raven is arrested and convicted, I would hope that the Abaroa name will be removed from her name from more than just this forum...like her gravestone and from Kaiden's name!

Oh very true Eww, I'm not expecting Abaroa to be left off her name. There are many friends of Janet's that did not know her married name they new her as Janet Marie Christiansen (Abaroa).

As far as I see it - everything in this forum gets directed to google and it would not change the ability to search for Janet Abaroa or Abaroa if the name of the forum was changed to include her full name Janet Marie Christiansen (Abaroa).

It is for the people that really loved her, the people that have been searching her out on the internet by looking up Janet Christiansen, her friends from grade school that lost touch with her, friends from high school that lost touch with her, that would happen to recognize the name.

I am not ashamed to admit it is for my own selfish purposes too. I see the name Janet Abaroa and in my head I see Janet Abaroa the woman that was murdered, the woman who would be having a baby right now, the wife of Raven Abaroa, who made a blog, and never even BOTHERED to utter Janet's name on the blog he wrote the day before he murdered her. I see Janet Abaroa and I see Raven joining classmates.com, reunion.com, alta high school, without mentioning he was married.

She was more than Janet Abaroa, murdered victim, more than Janet Abaroa The Raven's Wife, she was a person in her own right, with her own life that was cut short by the selfishness and evil of a man with the last name Abaroa.

Amraann said:
Really I doubt it will be changed..

That is her legal name and the one the Media uses. Most people searching for info on this case are not going to know her maiden name. At least not until they come here or a simailair site where posters know it and post it.

Typically a forum name will change when someone is arrested and charges filed then it will the "The state of ________ v/ ___________-
With a description of the crime listed underneith.

IN the interest of the forum I just think to change the forum name is not a good idea.

I agree with Amraann.

Thanks for your opinion White Wolf, I figured there would be no change, I was hoping out of respect for the family the addition of her whole name Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa would be nice and also for those that know she was murdered but did NOT know her married last name they would be able to search, I respect the decision of the Admins here though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back