716 users online (97 members and 619 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UK - Huge fire rips through tower block in Latimer Road, White City, London

Guardian:

Huge fire breaks out in 24-storey Grenfell Tower apartment block in London

Fears that people are trapped in a blaze at the tower block in Latimer
    Road, White City, that broke out in the early hours of Wednesday morning

This is horrifying! Still burning, people trapped. I've seen video on Twitter with people screaming for help. 😢

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Live stream

https://youtu.be/pStB7aCT43E

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Desperate residents are building ropes from sheets in an attempt to escape from their windows as a huge inferno is engulfing a tower block in west London.
    "The 'horrendous' blaze has struck the 27-storey Grenfell Tower in Latimer Road, White City, in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
    The fire has spread from the second floor to the roof of the enormous towering block, with 200 firefighters struggling to bring it under control."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4jwOt3kPx

It looks horrendous I'm praying for everyone.

41674AC600000578-4601902-image-a-179_1497406538317.jpg
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

So horrible.

London has had too much tragedy. I guess it's wishful thinking to hope there are no casualties. Sending love ...

Of course I'm speculating and jumping to conclusions......

Metropolitan Police‏Verified account @metpoliceuk 4m4 minutes ago

Residents continue to be evacuated from the tower block fire in #NorthKensington. A number of people being treated for a range of injuries.

The Sky News live shot is terrifying.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

There has been still no word from emergency services as to whether people are trapped inside the building but, judging by the plentiful eyewitness accounts, the question is not if, but how many.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y-latimer-road

Raging blaze on the news stations. Building engulfed.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Really horrific

Oh my god.

19s ago
    04:05
    One eyewitness, Victoria Goldsmith, has told Sky News:

“The whole building seems to be engulfed now. It’s spread all the way to the top. I heard it at about 1am and I ran out to see if I could help, and there were already people there.

“There was literally two people trapped at the top and they had mobile phones and they had the lights trying to flash them and signal people... They couldn’t get to them ... fire kept going and the lights went out. “

“They are trying to get it under control. It’s pretty horrendous.”

What a nightmare for the emergency services and the people trapped it is so difficult to evacuate a building like this.

London Fire Brigade‏Verified account @LondonFire 5m5 minutes ago

Firefighters working hard to bring fire under control on Lancaster West Estate #NorthKensington http://bit.ly/2tkl3QR

I hope the building isn't at risk of collapse.

2m ago
    04:06
    A nearby resident, named as Sofia, also told Radio 5:

“I kept hearing what I thought were loud banging sounds … I looked out of the window and said Grenfell Tower was burning down.”

She said, as other eyewitnesses have done, said the fire began one side but quickly spread across the whole building.

“I have not seen a survivor, someone pulled out of the building and being treated by an ambulance. I think it confirms my worst fear that people are dying in this building.”

She said the noises began around 1.15am, and the fire had spread very rapidly.

“I heard loads of young girls crying out for help … I can’t see any ladders extending into the building … I can hear people screaming for help and they are dying.”

But another eyewitness said he had seen groups of people, “at least three families”, leaving the building at different exits, but added that he had heard that staircases inside were now on fire.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast