1043 users online (212 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    What's the history of this building? Was it estate housing?

sky news U.K police saying trapped residents are being told to self-evacuate and not wait for the fire brigade. They have to put a wet cloth over their mouths.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

To date, London’s worst tower block fire took place in Camberwell, south London, in July 2009. Six people – three women and three children – were killed when fire swept through the 14-storey Lakanal House. At least 20 people were injured.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y-latimer-road

Quote Originally Posted by GinaSeikwa View Post
    What's the history of this building? Was it estate housing?
    Sky News U.K saying it is 1960's/1970's council social housing. Reports that fire alarms did not go off to warn residents.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

There are people alive in the building-- they seem to be on lower floors

Grenfell Tower, on the Lancaster West Estate in North Kensington, has been undergoing major refurbishment.

The tower block is managed by the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) on behalf of the Council and contains 120 homes. It was built in 1974.

https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/housing/rege...grenfell-tower

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Sky News U.K saying it is 1960's/1970's council social housing. Reports that fire alarms did not go off to warn residents.
    Sounds like it might have been a sudden event...

Here is a good scope. I have been watching it.

There is someone waving a white flag from a lower floor window though..So heartbreaking and terrifying

https://www.pscp.tv/mvrtinxz/1BRJjWXEapoxw?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

now! isnčt it too late for that

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    sky news U.K police saying trapped residents are being told to self-evacuate and not wait for the fire brigade. They have to put a wet cloth over their mouths.

Probably many, many children. So sad

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    now! isnčt it too late for that
    Agreed a very grim situation indeed.

YouTube guy said some news channel said the building was recently completely refurbished

One of the BBC reporters said people were calling loved ones on their mobile phones.

This is all so scary and shocking and heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiandmighty View Post
    YouTube guy said some news channel said the building was recently completely refurbished
    The large scale works included the installation of insulated exterior cladding, new double glazed windows and a new communal heating system. A new communal entrance has been created and there are new facilities for returning tenants, Grenfell Under 3s Nursery and Dale Youth Amateur Boxing Club. Nine much needed new homes have been created from unused spaces.

https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/housing/rege...grenfell-tower

This is horrifying.

A burning inferno. I'm so sorry to those being affected. JMO
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast