1306 users online (244 members and 1062 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    He said lawmakers and aides were lucky that Capitol Police were at the scene.*

"One of the things that's really fortunate and probably why — everybody probably would have died expect for the fact that the Capitol Hill police were there," he said.

Capitol Police were at the scene because of the presence of Scalise, the third-ranking Republican in GOP leadership.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...-police-werent

"If Scalise wouldn't have been on the team — unfortunately he was hit and I hope he does well — but also by him being there it probably saved everybody else's life because if you don't have a leadership person there, there would have been so security there," Paul said.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

https://twitter.com/AlexandriaVAPD

UPDATE: Suspect is in custody and not a threat. PIO will be onscene shortly to share updates.
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

There have been four victims who were shot beside the shooter.

God please stop all of this hate and violence.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

The gunman was shot by Capitol Police and Alexandria Police, apprehended and taken to the hospital, officials said. Sen. Mike Lee told Fox News, however, the gunman was killed. The incident occurred at Simpson Field in Alexandria, about 10 miles from Washington D.C.

"Finally, the shooter was shot behind home plate as he was circling around to the first base dugout where there were a number of US congressmen and other folks," Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., told FMTALK1065. "Our security detail was able to incapacitate him at that point. I don't know if he [the shooter] was dead. He was wounded. I don't know how many times he was wounded."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14...ople-shot.html

Words matter.

Have had this on in the background all morning. Rep Jeff Flake (pretty sure, or another congressman) said the gunman was a middle aged white male. He shot with an AR 15 first, then a pistol. Shooter moved around from behind 3rd base to other areas - tree, building.

Like many others, I 've stayed in this area of Alexandria. It's a very nice area, but crime happens everywhere.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who was taking part in batting practice, told reporters he grabbed Scalice’s phone and called his wife.

“I didn’t want her to wake up and hear the news and not know what’s going on, he said.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3246505

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    “The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ip-scalise-hit

This seems to say it was not capital police that shot suspect.
    Never trust that guy from fight club, Tyler Durden, for your news.

Witness on CBS saying he saw the man get arrested. White guy, middle age, wearing a blue polo shirt. He was on the ground with LE having a knee in his back. Took him away. Said it was an AK47. Witness sounds like a guy who just lived nearby and was outside. Capitol Police were there as routine security for Scalise as he is a ranking member of Congress. They also protect minority leader, speaker of house, etc.

No name yet for suspect. He was wounded.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I am so sick of all of this hatred and violence.

It is a miracle that all of the republicans who were there practicing baseball for a charity did not die. Thank God the GOP Whip was there which meant he would have CP security with him. If not the loss of life would have been tremendous since the shooter had them pinned in like sitting ducks.

Once again evil has raised its ugly head.

The two police officers there were true heroes, and even though wounded themselves they still did their job to bring down the shooter.

My heart breaks for my country. I pray everyone injured today by the shooter fully recovers and I am so thankful many innocent others there were spared but will be left traumatized by these evil acts of violence.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Kudos to LE for their response and actions.

I am keeping Rep. Scalise and the injured staffers and officers in my thoughts.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    to wake up to his horrific news, as well as the high rise fire in London. Thoughts and prayers for all.

Statement from Scalise's office:

Paul said police prevented more casualties with their actions, while Brooks described "one of our guys" firing back at the shooter.

"It was rather startling, as you can imagine, to look up and there's a pistol being fired about five feet from your head," he said.

"The joy I felt knowing it was one of our guys — I'll never forget that guy. He also got shot somewhere in the process defending congressmen."
    At least one aide was wounded in the attack. Rep. Roger Williams's (R-Texas) office said the wounded aide was a member of his staff.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...practice-field

Words matter.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    FBI press conference live now on CNN. Barbara Starr asks if the shooting could be act of terrorism. Ongoing investigation considering all possibilities. Another reporter asked if incident was an assassination attempt.

Two victims were taken to George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C., and were described as being in critical condition, said hospital spokeswoman Susan Griffiths.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ctice-virgini/

Words matter.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast