1198 users online (206 members and 992 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Guns: Why do you need them? Why do you want them?

OK, I know it's a constitutional right and all but this isn't the "Old West" anymore. Are you for or against being able to bear arms? Is it really OK to pack an AK47 or to have one at home? WHY? As a Canadian, the only people who have guns legally are the police, the military and hunters. That's it. No one owns a gun without going through tons of paperwork and background checking. The guns that get into my country are coming from the US. It's a problem now in my city. ONLY criminals are packing. Post your 2 cents here. The countdown start now....

We have an arsenal of weaponry for a variety of reasons: I live in the country so home protection when police are 10 minutes away, hunting, protection when in the city. We have guns in all of our cars in case of protest or whatever happens and your car is your only protection. Etc.

So citizens become police officers by proxy?

Do you want me to be robbed/raped/murdered while I'm waiting for police to get here? That seems like a darwin award attitude...

Not sure how it works in Canada, but homeowners in the USA have the right to protect property. I have no idea what law enforcement response time is in our neighborhood.

We have target rifles & pistols, use a commercial range for target practice.

I still dream of competing in Biathlon in the next Olympic games....

I now have retired to a Third World country where guns are not allowed except for hunting. They are kept at the police dept and every month inspected. So wonderful. People get in fights here . I can just imagine if there were guns.

In the US I lived in the country with basically no law enforcement. The Sheriff could be 80 miles away. Hubby had a 22 rifle to shhot at the deer in the yard. They just came back at night while we slept to eat my gardens.

Everyone I know thinks having guns is stupid. If someone is a hunter and they need some kind of big weapon, they need to stay home. They have no business out in the woods,

My make rellies all say they could make a semi automatic into an automatic in minutes.

A handgun has only one purpose. Killing.

DH has a concealed carry permit and we had to use it in a reciprocal state when we were assaulted by a meth head while tailgating. DH used the handgun to hold the guy until the police finally got there, 30 minutes later. It took 3 calls to 911 before police came.

Darwin Awards go to people who shoot themselves accidentally with said guns or leave them available for children to kill themselves or others.

You shouldn't take a hand gun out unless you plan to use it, but that doesn't mean you will have to use it.

Everyone should state before they post if he/she owns a gun. I can already tell those who don't, but just so we are clear...

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Darwin Awards go to people who shoot themselves accidentally with said guns or leave them available for children to kill themselves or others.
    Spoken like someone who has never owned a gun, and probably has never seen one or touched one or used one either.

I do believe some loopholes should be closed like buying and trading guns in parking lots... but I'm not sure how that helps other than to push it farther down into the black market, which has always existed and always will exist.

I saw this graphic flash by on my facebook page a few days ago. I wondered if it's accurate, it also doesn't include all countries. Personally, I will never understand the desire to have such free access to weapons or the feeling of living in an environment where a 2 year can pull a gun out of their mom's purse and kill someone in Walmart (or any of the hundreds of other such shootings that are in news on a daily basis). I was sad to see that according these stats that Canada is number 2.

gun stats.jpg

No matter how many biased statistics, lies, and disinformation gets posted, there is one hard, incontrovertible fact: Americans have the individual right to keep and bear arms that is protected by the Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights.

Does everyone who uses a firearm to protect himself or herself survive? Of course not. But it is my inalienable right to try to defend myself.

If the gun grabbers want to amend the Second Amendment or abolish it altogether there is a process for that.

Get 2/3rds of the House and Senate to approve and then get 3/4s of the state legislatures to ratify the change. Let's see how that goes.

I don't know what the answer is to irresponsible gun ownership, like the dad who killed his daughter while explaining to his sons how dangerous guns are.

We have biometric gun safes, regular gun safes, trigger locks, safety devices etc
    Last edited by Hiandmighty; 06-14-2017 at 07:44 PM.

We have a multitude of guns. Some for hunting and no you can't have just one for hunting. You would t use a deer rifle for rabbits or squirrels. Also I'm home a lot while husband drives truck we have pistols for our protection for that reason and the fact LE is 35 to 40 minutes away. Yes if I pull it I'm prepared to shoot it. But unless you live in our areas you might not understand our reasons.

Always My Own Opinion

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast