1238 users online (189 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73
Results 1,081 to 1,094 of 1094
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I would bury it in a big deep hole.
    Oh, that's not a bad idea actually. I wish I had thought of that when the sprinklers were installed.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    One of my guns has a pin issue and so I won't touch it because it is loaded (cocked and trigger permanently pulled) and I have no idea what its intentions are. It scares the crap out of me. I wish we had one of those programs where I could turn it in somewhere and get it out of my house. I also do not know if it is legal or if it has a serial number, but that's a whole different conversation for another day. My other guns, are fine, so that's not an issue. But every time I come to this thread, I think about that one misbehaving gun, hidden in my house ....
    http://www.care2.com/causes/7-things...nted-guns.html

7 Things To Do With Your Unwanted Guns

1. Amnesty programs.
    2. Donation to training programs.
    3. Have a meltdown.
    4. Guns to art projects.
    5. Deactivation.
    6. Buybacks.
    7. Museum donations.

Thanks for the list, SeesSeas - I'm glad to know there are options.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

One of my guns has a pin issue and so I won't touch it because it is loaded (cocked and trigger permanently pulled) and I have no idea what its intentions are. It scares the crap out of me. I wish we had one of those programs where I could turn it in somewhere and get it out of my house. I also do not know if it is legal or if it has a serial number, but that's a whole different conversation for another day. My other guns, are fine, so that's not an issue. But every time I come to this thread, I think about that one misbehaving gun, hidden in my house ....
    Can you place it in a paper bag? I was thinking you could put it in the trunk of your car and drive to the police station. You could explain the situation and see if they will take the gun.

edit: oops I hadn't seen SeesSeas post when I replied. That's useful information!
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

I never see a cop car on my street. I keep hoping I can flag them down and get them to come inside and get it. It was given to me with no story or history from my step-dad criminal lawyer/judge. I just have a gut feeling it was given to him as payment by a criminal he had represented. So I'd have to tell that story to the cop and tell him to just trash it or run it though the sysytem, whatever, and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully it won't be linked with a murder or something.

I never see a cop car on my street. I keep hoping I can flag them down and get them to come inside and get it. It was given to me with no story or history from my step-dad criminal lawyer/judge. I just have a gut feeling it was given to him as payment by a criminal he had represented. So I'd have to tell that story to the cop and tell him to just trash it or run it though the sysytem, whatever, and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully it won't be linked with a murder or something.
    I would still bury it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Where do the pro-gun people think criminals get their guns from?
    Some criminals got them from the ATF where they lost track of over 1000 guns in the 'gun walking' scandal known as Operation Fast and Furious.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Some criminals got them from the ATF where they lost track of over 1000 guns in the 'gun walking' scandal known as Operation Fast and Furious.
    1000 guns seems to me to be a drop in the ocean, seeing several posters on here have multiple guns in their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Where do the pro-gun people think criminals get their guns from?
    Sometimes they get them from cops. Which turns the cop into a criminal, but only if they get caught.
    Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Sometimes they get them from cops. Which turns the cop into a criminal, but only if they get caught.
    Holy ****. That word will be converted too ****

Do you know what? The problem is not with guns. It is a problem with men's violence.

Do you know what? The problem is not with guns. It is a problem with men's violence.
    True. We're a horribly violent nation and have been since 1492.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Kind of like our terrorism problem.
    Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Kind of like our terrorism problem.
    Yes! they are all men. Is there a common denominator?

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73