GUILTY IL - Alexis Stubbs, 12, pleaded for life as she was stabbed, Chicago, 11 June 2017

Indy Anna

Reaction score
This is so heartbreaking. :(
John Singleton, 31, had known the girl and her mother for four years and had a “stepfather relationship” with the preteen, Assistant State’s Attorney Guy Lisuzzo said.

The relationship had endured even after Singleton was sentenced in 2014 to three years in prison for attempting to strangle Alexis’ mother.

Singleton had moved in with the family on Wednesday – June 7 – the day he was released on parole for the 2014 attack.
Read more at ... http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/daddy-please-dont-alexis-stubbs-begged-stepfather-for-her-life/

John Singleton, 31, of Chicago, has been charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of aggravated kidnapping - inflict harm, and one count of aggravated harm to Police/Department of Corrections/Department of Human Services, all felonies, police said Monday evening. Singleton was serving time for an aggravated battery conviction and was released on parole in April.
Read more at ... http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-charged-with-fatally-stabbing-girl-12/2086806/

Prosecutors said Singleton killed Stubbs in a rage after her mother told him he had to vacate her North Side apartment. He'd been staying there since being released from a halfway house a few days earlier on parole after spending three years in custody for attempting to strangle her back in 2014. Singleton had moved back in but the woman didn't want him there because her lease prohibited felons, prosecutors said.

[...]

Singleton was found by police hiding inside a portable toilet. Following his arrest, Singleton attacked one of the detectives who had been questioning him and is now charged with aggravated battery of a police officer in addition to kidnapping and murder.
Read more at ... http://abc13.com/news/12-year-old-screamed-daddy-dont-during-fatal-stabbing/2098041/

That poor sweet child!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know the mother is a victim, but why did she allow him to move in AND WHY SEND HER UPSTAIRS?! WHY?!!!
RIP Alexis. Fly high.
I can't understand her. Unbelievable.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

I'll never understand why a woman would choose an abusive relationship over being single, especially with a child involved. Another case where the mother chooses a man over her child, when is it going to end?

Sleep peacefully Alexis. :rose:

Article talks about how Alexis' murder affected other tenants of the building where she lived with her mother:

Alexis’ short life, though, was far from bleak. There were people dedicated to helping her overcome enormously difficult circumstances, so she could have a happy childhood and a good chance at a stable, productive future.

Every weekday, Alexis would spend about three hours at the after-school program in the apartment building where she lived with her mom and where she was killed.

Read more at ... http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/to...aying-of-12-year-old-was-death-in-the-family/

I always like to have a face to go with the story, however tragic. Such a beautiful soul gone too soon. RIH Alexis :rose:

Image from Indy Anna's link above;

stubbsalexis.jpg

fly high with the angels sweet Alexis

WTH??? She let him back in? :scared:

And why did he get only three years for the previous attempted murder?

This is so f'd up.

Poor Alexis. May she rest in peace now.

The relationship had endured even after Singleton was sentenced in 2014 to three years in prison for attempting to strangle Alexis’ mother.

In all that time she could have gotten help from victim's services. It breaks my and makes me angry her abuser was able to move right back in and do even more damage. So many ways this tragedy could have been prevented.

RIP Alexis. :rose:

WTH??? She let him back in? :scared:

And why did he get only three years for the previous attempted murder?

This is so f'd up.

Poor Alexis. May she rest in peace now.

I know!! It's crazy! I hate that attempted murder is treated so differently when it's basically "Oh, if this and this hadn't happened you would be on trial for murder."

I do not understand:

1. Why this person who is clearly criminally insane was let out of prison

2. Why any woman would let this insane person live with her and

3. Why any mother would let this insane person near her child.

Rest in heavenly love and peace, Alexis. You deserved better.
:rose:

Despite all the hard questions this case raises, one thing is crystal clear to me: this guy is nothing but a .

Poor child.

:(

Despite all the hard questions this case raises, one thing is crystal clear to me: this guy is nothing but a .

Poor child.
Yes Billy Mabou the guy is nothing but pure evil! No matter what, he was going to hurt this woman again...that's why she stayed in the car. No way could she have known the EVIL in his heart or that he would ESCALATE THE VIOLENCE ....THAT IS WHAT ABUSERS DO.
I wish the police had just locked up the "port-a-potty" with him in it and dumped it in an extremely remote location....
and picked him up 2 weeks later.
Don't even need "suicide watch" on this guy... he wants to stay alive just so he can taunt his victims for the rest of their lives. (He was already sending taunting and intimidating texts to the Mother, even before police caught him.) "You da' man, Singleton, you da' man" .....the only problem is he has no idea of what it takes to be A MAN.

Why on earth was this guy, free and living with a woman he strangled and her child?!

Mom knew what he was capable of. That's why she was afraid to go in the building herself.

Neighbor should have come out and got her own damn cigarettes. You don't send a child on a drug run, nor use them as a Human Shield.

This whole thing defies human understanding.

The mother failed her daughter on every level, it doesn't matter which way you look at it. She is going to have a lifetime to regret her actions. That won't bring the daughter back though. He should not have been there and the mother had a multitude of avenues open to her to prevent him from coming back into her life. This is really just another example of a woman putting herself and her own needs first and her daughters life and safety second. (Remember the daughter called him "daddy" and he was only in their lives for a few years).

I'll never understand why someone targets a child to hurt the parent.

What a vile excuse of an individual. I cannot understand why her mother would even contemplate letting him back into her home after the previous assault. Even if she didn't value her own safety, she should have valued her daughters.

All IMO

Here is the largest study of filicide to date, I posted it on the Aramadz Andressian case.
The rate of children murdered by a stepdad is going up with more blended families.
Domestic violence, jealousy and retribution, are typical of the profile, stabbing and beating as a means stepfathers use to murder? Check.

However, you don't need profiling science to know that guy was a huge risk to that child.

http://www.violenceresearch.ca/sites/default/files/DAWSON (2015) CANADIAN TRENDS IN FILICIDE_1.pdf

"

Heartbreaking beyond description. Vile, useless, nasty pieces of fecal matter targeting vulnerable, helpless children.

Poor darling girl, never stood a chance with those two in her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back