Why Didn't The Dog Bark?

feenix

Former Member
Reaction score
Another question I have:
I read that the Routiers had a dog and that it always barked when people came to the house, and indeed barked at the first Policeman to arrive at the house that night. Therefore, IF an intruder did enter the house, then why didn't it bark? Anyone know where the dog is now, we can get it to take a lie detector test - Ha Ha......... cos other than Darlie & Darrin, that dog knows everything that went on in the house that night, saw and heard every single thing!!!

My understanding is that the dog didn't bark until the officer started up the steps to check the bedrooms. [I am not knowledgeable on this case as others here are, so hopefully someone will correct me.]
raven

:clap: :laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Jeana (DP) said:
The dog didn't bark because there wasn't anyone in the house that didn't belong there.

Tracey Duffield said:
Another question I have:
I read that the Routiers had a dog and that it always barked when people came to the house, and indeed barked at the first Policeman to arrive at the house that night. Therefore, IF an intruder did enter the house, then why didn't it bark? Anyone know where the dog is now, we can get it to take a lie detector test - Ha Ha......... cos other than Darlie & Darrin, that dog knows everything that went on in the house that night, saw and heard every single thing!!!
My own personal theory is that Darlie cooperated with Darin in a proposed insurance scam which unfortunately went bad.I do not think either of them ever really contemplated the murder of their kids,perhaps they promised the intruder something and didn't deliver on time?I would be inclined to think that if 1 had planned an intruder over for the night they would take steps to protect him from the dog.You wouldn't invite someone to burglarize your house and let him get dog bit would ya?Perhaps the dog was confined in another area of the house during the intrusion...........Maybe the intruder was known to the dog.........Maybe the dog is like Darin and could sleep thru WW3...........Loads of possibilities really.It would be impossible to prove the dog didn't actually bark during the intrusion,the records of this intrusion start with the 911 call by which time they could have easily subdued the dog.

Jeana (DP) said:
The dog didn't bark because there wasn't anyone in the house that didn't belong there.
Yup, Yup, keep it simple stupid

proadvocate said:
My own personal theory is that Darlie cooperated with Darin in a proposed insurance scam which unfortunately went bad.I do not think either of them ever really contemplated the murder of their kids,perhaps they promised the intruder something and didn't deliver on time?I would be inclined to think that if 1 had planned an intruder over for the night they would take steps to protect him from the dog.You wouldn't invite someone to burglarize your house and let him get dog bit would ya?Perhaps the dog was confined in another area of the house during the intrusion...........Maybe the intruder was known to the dog.........Maybe the dog is like Darin and could sleep thru WW3...........Loads of possibilities really.It would be impossible to prove the dog didn't actually bark during the intrusion,the records of this intrusion start with the 911 call by which time they could have easily subdued the dog.
The dog was upstairs sleeping with Darin. As Goody said in another thread, tests were done and it was proven to be very difficult to hear things upstairs in Darin and Darlie's bedroom. Domain was found by police in the master bathroom. He was scared and didn't start barking until the cops opened the door.

Tracey Duffield said:
Another question I have:
I answered your Q in post #7, but I thought I'd add something about the cat. There was a cat in a cage in the family room. He said not a word until one of the PO's stepped around the chair. Then he screamed and hissed and tore around that cage. Scared the poor man to death. So if anyone knows what happened, it's that cat. But he ain't talking :silenced:

proadvocate said:

Some allege they can hear the dog barking on the 911 call. I've never heard it. But yes the dog was in the MB with Darin. The cat in the cage in the roman room is the one who needs to talk, he saw it all.

I'm curious as to how you explain that cast off blood on the back of DArlie's nightshirt if you believe an intruder committed the murders. And why is Darlie sitting on death row if she didn't take knife in hand. Is she an accomplice? Do they get the DP too? WE don't have that in Canada so I am curious.

cami said:
And why is Darlie sitting on death row if she didn't take knife in hand. Is she an accomplice? Do they get the DP too? WE don't have that in Canada so I am curious.

If I may? Anyone involved would be eligible to receive the death penalty, whether they actually did the killings or hired someone to do them.

Jeana (DP) said:
If I may? Anyone involved would be eligible to receive the death penalty, whether they actually did the killings or hired someone to do them.
And rightly so, that's how it should be!! We don't have the Death Penalty or any form of capital punishment here in the UK (too soft a country if you ask me)! Anyone who was involved in these murders, whether they did it, planned it, are covering for someone, know more than they are saying etc.... should all be on death row with Darlie. I do think she is where she should be, but I can't help thinking that maybe there should be others slopping out and making baby blankets with her also, maybe Darin?

Jeana (DP) said:

Thanks so accomplices get the death penalty as well even if they didn't murder anyone?

Gosh our JS is so lax. I was watching a crime program yesterday where employees in an Harvey's were murdered in Montreal. Two men died while the female lived to testify against their attackers. Two of the accomplices were juveniles. They got FOUR YEARS IN PRISON--medium security. Of course it's liberal Quebec and not english Canada but still. The man who committed the murders got life, then they moved him from Max to Medium and he tried to escape so he was moved back to Max. He ended up taking his own life in his cell.

Tracey Duffield said:
And rightly so, that's how it should be!! We don't have the Death Penalty or any form of capital punishment here in the UK (too soft a country if you ask me)! Anyone who was involved in these murders, whether they did it, planned it, are covering for someone, know more than they are saying etc.... should all be on death row with Darlie. I do think she is where she should be, but I can't help thinking that maybe there should be others slopping out and making baby blankets with her also, maybe Darin?

So are the colonies, aaaahahahah well in Canada we are--too damn soft.

And I totally agree that anyone involved in these murders deserves the DP even though I am not a proponent of it. Heck I'd even push the plunger on Darlie. (No, Goody, don't beat me with that big stick).

cami said:
Thanks so accomplices get the death penalty as well even if they didn't murder anyone?

Gosh our JS is so lax. I was watching a crime program yesterday where employees in an Harvey's were murdered in Montreal. Two men died while the female lived to testify against their attackers. Two of the accomplices were juveniles. They got FOUR YEARS IN PRISON--medium security. Of course it's liberal Quebec and not english Canada but still. The man who committed the murders got life, then they moved him from Max to Medium and he tried to escape so he was moved back to Max. He ended up taking his own life in his cell.

If they either pay for somone to murder someone or they're at the scene during the murders, they can be tried for capital murder. Its up to the jury and the judge to decide whether they're put on death row or not. Juveniles in the United States cannot receive the death penalty. They most likely would receive more than four years though.

In Texas, an individual must be convicted of a captial felony in order to 'qualify' for the death penalty.

murder of a public safety officer, firefighter, or correctional employee
murder during the commission of specified felonies (kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated rape, arson)
murder for remuneration; multiple murders
murder during prison escape; murder of a correctional officer
murder by a state prison inmate who is serving a life sentence for any of five offenses
murder of an individual under six years of age

So if Devon had been the only one murdered, she would have gotten life in prison I imagine.

Tracey Duffield said:
Basically we believe the same thing.Despite my best efforts to keep myself convinced Tx knows what it is doing here I seem to remain convinced they aren't ordering enough supplies for the executions deserved in this case.I admit my intruder theory is a tad on the far fetched side,but then so is the ol "I slept thru it"excuse....LOL I figure if a killer can devise wild theories we can all play long until execution day...

proadvocate said:
Basically we believe the same thing.Despite my best efforts to keep myself convinced Tx knows what it is doing here I seem to remain convinced they aren't ordering enough supplies for the executions deserved in this case.I admit my intruder theory is a tad on the far fetched side,but then so is the ol "I slept thru it"excuse....LOL I figure if a killer can devise wild theories we can all play long until execution day...

Not to worry. The State of Texas has more than enough supplies to take care of business. :)

proadvocate said:
There was no insurance scam. The only thing Darin says is he put the word out for an insurance scam. He doesn't say to whom, where, how, or if they ever even sealed the deal. He says some guy stole his jag one time when he said he didn't care if it got stolen, but never says he ever called the police and reported it. He never says his insurance ever paid anything. Even his stepfather-in-law only says that Darin asked him if he knew anyone who could do it. That was two days before the murders. So two days before the murders Darin didn't know anyone to even ask to rob his house. This is just one big giant smoke screen that has not basis of truth whatsoever.

Dog didn't bark because, like someone already said, there were no strangers in the house until the police arrived.

There was also a tempermental cat in a cage setting right next to the couch where Darlie slept. They say if a stranger even entered the room that cat would go beserk in its cage, but not a word about that cat going nuts either.

beesy said:
The dog was upstairs sleeping with Darin. As Goody said in another thread, tests were done and it was proven to be very difficult to hear things upstairs in Darin and Darlie's bedroom. Domain was found by police in the master bathroom. He was scared and didn't start barking until the cops opened the door.
Actually Domain was found on the stairs by police. They had Karen go get him so they could go upstairs.

Jeana (DP) said:
And that would be felony murder, wouldn't it? If someone is killed during the commission of a felony, in this case a burglary, all participants would be charged with felony murder which is an automatic death sentence, is it not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back