1366 users online (241 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    I do hope he gets a new trial. This was another one of those Cummings abuse of power trials where the evidence said he didn't do it, so they had to manipulate the system to prejudice the jury. "Justice" in Wake County continues to be a joke.

The evidence more than proved who killed Michelle and he's sitting in Alexander Correctional Institute. The only joke are those who still cry injustice and support this murderer.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Quote Originally Posted by tarheellvr View Post
    The evidence more than proved who killed Michelle and he's sitting in Alexander Correctional Institute. The only joke are those who still cry injustice and support this murderer.
    The evidence was weak at best, which is why so many voted to acquit at the first trial. If the evidence demonstrated that he was the killer, I'd be all in favor of him sitting in prison for life. In fact the ONLY evidence that supports the "Jason did it" theory is the gas station attendant eyewitness testimony that was unreliable at best. The rest of the evidence suggests he wasn't the killer. Present some solid evidence, and probably I'd be in agreement with you. Based on what was presented at trial, no way!

The video and subsequent devastating impeachment of the killer's testimony from the 1st trial sealed the deal.
    The 2nd group of jurors clearly saw a lying sociopath / killer on the screen and at the defense table.

I agree 100%! There was no actual evidence at all. I don't think he did it, but they sure didn't prove that he did. There sure seems to be a lot of these cases in that county-I live in CO and I've heard of 3!!
    Last edited by Mary838; 07-26-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Clarity

"A Superior Court judge on Tuesday denied Jason Young's efforts to obtain a new trial in his wife's death more than a decade ago."

http://www.wral.com/jason-young-s-bi...nied/16914272/

Sad, and reinforces the corruption of the system of Justice in NC. I am soooo glad I got out of there when I did.

Final curtain call.
    His desperate appeals now finally exhausted.
    The Fisher's and Cassidy can now rest knowing this savage killer will remain behind bars until he takes his last breath

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Final curtain call.
    His desperate appeals now finally exhausted.
    The Fisher's and Cassidy can now rest knowing this savage killer will remain behind bars until he takes his last breath
    Hallelujah and I sure hope so. But he reminds me of Jeffrey MacDonald. That old sob has been working the system for decades. I hope JY has no further recourse, but he and his mama seem hell bent on having him get away with murder. He ought to have more compassion for his child; just give up and quit putting this back in the public eye. She deserves a life without his BS drama.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Good to see sanity prevail. So happy for the Fisher family, almost 11 years it's taken to get full justice. It's over and he's done.

I brought these over from the Breaking News thread (thanks borndem)

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    This is the only open thread I could find on Michelle/Jason young:

WRAL reports on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 -

http://www.wral.com/news/page/12706857/?break_id=18875

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...round-pictures

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?302113-Jason-Young-to-Get-New-Hearing-March-3-2016
    ^^^^ This one is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Here's more:

http://www.wral.com/jason-young-s-bi...tm_source=wral

ETA: There is not an appropriate open thread on this case, so I'm putting this info here.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Omg again? Really? He's guilty as sin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

To Boodles -- A big to copying those posts -- I wasn't aware of this thread!! Mucho, mucho gracias!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    This was his last chance. He's exhausted all appeals.

The NC Supreme Court rejected parts of the appeal that dealt with the claimed trial errors and found they were not in error. They declined to judge on the other things and kicked those back to the superior court.

The final last gasp for the slayer was this Motion for Appellate Relief to claim Ineffective Assistance of Council. It was laughable since he had 2 of the top defense attorneys in the state, one of whom is now a sitting superior court judge.

It's finally over. He's got nothing else to throw against the wall. So happy for Michelle's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Bravo and brilliant, Judge Ridgeway. Very lucid and strong decision.

Back to your cell, Mr. Young.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast