799 users online (87 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Good to see sanity prevail. So happy for the Fisher family, almost 11 years it's taken to get full justice. It's over and he's done.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    To Boodles -- A big to copying those posts -- I wasn't aware of this thread!! Mucho, mucho gracias!
    And a big to Spellbound, too!!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I'm relieved and happy this is finally over. So many of us have supported Michelle's family and have remained steadfast advocates of justice.......justice that at last prevails!! The Fishers can now live with the peace and satisfaction Slayer will spend the rest of his days in his cage.

Thank you Judge Ridgeway for your wisdom in your strong words.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Welcome news, think I'll have a ceegar.
    RIP Michelle & lil one.

Has anyone read Absence of Evidence? He may not have been a good husband. However, it does really question his guilt as the murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesleuthing View Post
    Has anyone read Absence of Evidence? He may not have been a good husband. However, it does really question his guilt as the murderer.
    You mean the jaded piece on Amazon by the bat-crazy lady that latches on to wife killers all over the country?

Jaded or not, I certainly hope that the correct person(s) was/is punished for this horrific crime.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    You mean the jaded piece on Amazon by the bat-crazy lady that latches on to wife killers all over the country?
    A nutter who believes Sandy Hook and 9/11 were conspiracies and faked, and caucasian men who killed their wives or girlfriends have all been railroaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    A nutter who believes Sandy Hook and 9/11 were conspiracies and faked, and caucasian men who killed their wives or girlfriends have all been railroaded.
    A lot of people consider the lynch mob on this forum to be the nutters full of conspiracy theories who ignore evidence in your quest for blood.

Lynne is the only person that has had the courage to actually stand up to the unjust railroading of these men for whom the evidence was shoddy at best.

(And no, I don't believe Sandy Hook and 9/11 were conspiracies or faked)

There is plenty of evidence showing that the right man is in prison for this horrendous crime. I can't understand why circumstantial evidence is not enough for some people. It is, in fact, the strongest evidence in most trials.

I hope and pray Cassidy lives the entire rest of her life never remembering all that she witnessed when Daddy brutally murdered Mommy.

This is a horrific crime and a tremendous loss to the loved ones. Is JY guilty of being a jerk and cheating on his wife? Absolutely. However, if the evidence of the murder points elsewhere, the timeline doesn't work, and this was not properly investigated than how can we be certain he is guilty of murder? It's nice to know that someone is put away for this crime. But if he isn't the killer(s), then they got away with murdering a mother and her unborn child because JY was an easy setup.

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    There is plenty of evidence showing that the right man is in prison for this horrendous crime. I can't understand why circumstantial evidence is not enough for some people. It is, in fact, the strongest evidence in most trials.
    Those, like me, who believe the wrong man might be in prison do so because the evidence didn't prove the case, not because the evidence was circumstantial. Circumstantial evidence is plenty if it sufficiently proves the case. It didn't here. And the conviction relied on the worst possible evidence: eyewitness testimony. In the JY trial, the eyewitness testimony was completely unreliable. They needed the eyewitness testimony because without it, the math for the gas consumption didn't work.

There are two big concerns for me as to this case.

1. The evidence was insufficient on its own to justify a conviction. On the contrary, the evidence pointed toward innocence. Do I think it was possible he did it? Yes, because the evidence doesn't prove he didn't do it either. But it certainly did not meet a standard of proof that would be sufficient for me to convict. And it didn't provide a standard of proof for many on the first jury either. Which leads to the second point:
    2. The use of the civil case was unjust. The purpose of the civil case was to force JY to be deposed so that the deposition could be used against him in court. This is a run around the fifth amendment. When that didn't work, they had him declared "slayer" which then they used against him in the retrial. I see this again as a violation of the fifth amendment, as his silence was used against him in a criminal trial. On its face, this is unconstitutional. He was being compelled to be a witness against himself. Whether you think JY guilty or not, this should not be acceptable in today's justice system.

I want justice for Michelle Young. Putting the wrong guy in prison for her murder is not justice.

Quote Originally Posted by holmesleuthing View Post
    This is a horrific crime and a tremendous loss to the loved ones. Is JY guilty of being a jerk and cheating on his wife? Absolutely. However, if the evidence of the murder points elsewhere, the timeline doesn't work, and this was not properly investigated than how can we be certain he is guilty of murder? It's nice to know that someone is put away for this crime. But if he isn't the killer(s), then they got away with murdering a mother and her unborn child because JY was an easy setup.
    I don't think JY was a setup. To me it looks like a home invasion. JY was blamed because he is a) stupid and b) smarmy. Also because the husband is usually the prime suspect and law enforcement is less interested in truth than a conviction. JY's pretty terrible character only added to that.

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post

I hope and pray Cassidy lives the entire rest of her life never remembering all that she witnessed when Daddy brutally murdered Mommy.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    Those, like me, who believe the wrong man might be in prison do so because the evidence didn't prove the case, not because the evidence was circumstantial. Circumstantial evidence is plenty if it sufficiently proves the case. It didn't here. And the conviction relied on the worst possible evidence: eyewitness testimony. In the JY trial, the eyewitness testimony was completely unreliable. They needed the eyewitness testimony because without it, the math for the gas consumption didn't work.

There are two big concerns for me as to this case.

1. The evidence was insufficient on its own to justify a conviction. On the contrary, the evidence pointed toward innocence. Do I think it was possible he did it? Yes, because the evidence doesn't prove he didn't do it either. But it certainly did not meet a standard of proof that would be sufficient for me to convict. And it didn't provide a standard of proof for many on the first jury either. Which leads to the second point:
    2. The use of the civil case was unjust. The purpose of the civil case was to force JY to be deposed so that the deposition could be used against him in court. This is a run around the fifth amendment. When that didn't work, they had him declared "slayer" which then they used against him in the retrial. I see this again as a violation of the fifth amendment, as his silence was used against him in a criminal trial. On its face, this is unconstitutional. He was being compelled to be a witness against himself. Whether you think JY guilty or not, this should not be acceptable in today's justice system.

I want justice for Michelle Young. Putting the wrong guy in prison for her murder is not justice.
    When you become an experienced constitutional law expert, I'll consider giving your opinion some more weight. Otherwise, I trust the jury, Stephens, Ridgeway and the NC Supreme Court. But thanks for sharing. And Lynne can run along and continue on her mission since it gives her a reason for living. Best of luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast