1439 users online (275 members and 1164 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    When you become an experienced constitutional law expert, I'll consider giving your opinion some more weight. Otherwise, I trust the jury, Stephens, Ridgeway and the NC Supreme Court. But thanks for sharing. And Lynne can run along and continue on her mission since it gives her a reason for living. Best of luck.

Trusting the jury and Stephens is irrelevant. The Court of Appeals (who are constitutional law experts) agrees with me. The Supremes don't. Who knows what the SCOTUS would say. But it doesn't change the argument. I can just as well say that since you aren't an experienced constitutional law expert, I'll trust the Court of Appeals over you.

A home invasion in which hardly anything was touched outside of the master bedroom??? No computers, TVs, etc. Don't most criminals that commit home invasions bring a gun or some other threatening weapon?? I guess it's possible someone might wear hush puppies to a home invasion, but seems unlikely. Interesting that the clearest shoe print also happens to be an incredibly cheap shoe. It screams staging.

Why was he going to Brevard(a 4+ hour drive from his meeting) when he had his friends coming to stay at their home in raleigh that night? Why did he ignore LF's calls and voicemails(we know he checked them)? Why did he print an expired eBay item immediately before leaving for hillsville? Seems like an odd time to be anniversary shopping when you have a long drive ahead of you and your anniversary was a month ago. There are just too many things that don't add up. Why did he not let MF and LF see CY for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by JLD333 View Post
    A home invasion in which hardly anything was touched outside of the master bedroom??? No computers, TVs, etc.
    Because most things of value (jewelry) that can be pawned is in the bedroom. Most computers, TV's etc aren't actually that valuable.

Don't most criminals that commit home invasions bring a gun or some other threatening weapon??
    I don't believe so.

I guess it's possible someone might wear hush puppies to a home invasion, but seems unlikely. Interesting that the clearest shoe print also happens to be an incredibly cheap shoe. It screams staging.

Do people that wear expensive shoes need to rob places?

Why was he going to Brevard(a 4+ hour drive from his meeting) when he had his friends coming to stay at their home in raleigh that night?
    Work takes priority. Didn't really want to be in Raleigh. All kinds of reasons.

Why did he ignore LF's calls and voicemails(we know he checked them)?
    People ignore calls and vm's all the time.

Why did he print an expired eBay item immediately before leaving for hillsville? Seems like an odd time to be anniversary shopping when you have a long drive ahead of you and your anniversary was a month ago.
    This is really the only thing that seems suspicious. But who knows. JY wasn't the brightest bulb.

Why did he not let MF and LF see CY for so long?
    Because he was afraid they would try to keep her (which they did).

For most things, I use Occam's Razor. Remove the assumptions that he committed the murder, and then re-evaluate each activity. And the activities are not unusual in the daily life of people. Even stuff like using the doorstop to keep the hotel door open instead of the key. I do that all the time when I travel. Basically it is a pain when you accidentally lock yourself out of your room. Or your key gets demagnetized. I've also left a day early when traveling to a meeting far away. These are normal things. The only thing that comes across as unusual for me is the ebay printout.
    Last edited by oenophile; 09-20-2017 at 02:12 PM.

And just to clarify, I don't think that it was proven he didn't do it. But it seems like the police a) assumed he did it; then b) tried to accumulate as much evidence to demonstrate that he could have done it; c) built the case around the only piece of evidence that he did do it (the eyewitness at the gas station). The problem is that the eyewitness was completely unreliable. If that falls away, all you have is that he could have done it. And even that takes quite a stretch of imagination.

Originally Posted by JLD333

Why did he not let MF and LF see CY for so long?
    above respectfully snipped by borndem

Good question, JLD.
    Another reason why is because he didn't want them to hear CY say, "Daddy did it," again. They had to get that out of her head before anyone (prosecutor, judge, jury, or any other people) would hear it. She said it twice on the original replay of the 911 call by MF. And yes, when the call was cleaned up and then written, those words and other muffled sounds were removed, apparently for clarity for transcription.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post

For most things, I use Occam's Razor. Remove the assumptions that he committed the murder, and then re-evaluate each activity. And the activities are not unusual in the daily life of people. Even stuff like using the doorstop to keep the hotel door open instead of the key. I do that all the time when I travel. Basically it is a pain when you accidentally lock yourself out of your room. Or your key gets demagnetized. I've also left a day early when traveling to a meeting far away. These are normal things. The only thing that comes across as unusual for me is the ebay printout.
    So they needed to send someone with CY and LF/MF(I forget which one) as they take her to the bathroom at a supervised visit? He couldn't have honestly thought either of them would commit a crime and run off with CY.

JY going to Brevard had nothing to do with work. Homecoming weekend- not just game day- is HUGE for alumni. Many of his friends would be in town and probably would start tailgating very early on Saturday. From what we know of JY, this decision is extremely out of character. He lived for NCSU home football game weekends.

And I never made an assumption that he did it. At one point, I actually argued with someone that he may not be guilty, but I had not read all the evidence at that time. No other scenario makes sense. His email to his sister referring to how CY will "feel" about finding out about his affairs in quotations really says a lot about the type of person he is. Puts on a good show of being a good father but seems to have no real concern for his child's emotional well-being. This doesn't make him guilty of a crime but, to me, it shows a callousness that makes him capable of it. So that callousness and his nearly pathological lying along with the evidence and lack of any other reasonable explanation that may explain all the strange coincidences and evidence lead me with no doubt that he is guilty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4