Found Deceased NY - Kenneth McCall, 24, Diana, 13 June 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Lewis County Sheriff's Office says the 24 year old McCall was last seen around 4 a.m. Tuesday walking with his girlfriend on Tidd Road in the town of Diana.

A passing motorist found McCall's girlfriend under the influence of a substance says Sheriff Mike Carpinelli.
The woman told them that McCall was missing.

"The information from his girlfriend, the young lady that was found, was that she got tired of walking, her feet hurt and he was going to go and try to find some water for her," said Jim Monnat, Lewis County undersheriff.

The sheriff's office says McCall is from Lowville but is living in Cortland. He was in town visiting his sister.

They found McCall's car but they still don't have any leads on where McCall is.

"We're having a hard time right now getting a direction of travel. We were given some information and it really hasn't panned out. There's a chance he's in the woods, there's a chance he's not," said Lt. Joel Nowalk, New York State Forest Rangers.

http://www.wwnytv.com/story/35675758/search-teams-comb-woods-in-hopes-of-finding-missing-man
fa888d5f705814f0e8d7d4eaac248197.jpg

Does he have a cell phone on him ? Unusual in this day and age for a person to not carry one. Did he maybe leave it with the gf ?

From the article :(:

"(Kenneth's female companion) reportedly awoke to find Mr. McCall missing, and has been unable to provide any additional meaningful details. The Undersheriff said that footprints were found leading into a wooded area on the north side of the Tidd Road, where the search is currently being
conducted.

Undersheriff Monnat said the department has followed up on a number of leads, some that have helped, stating that their original theory has been disproven, declining to elaborate." (BBM)

I haven't been able to find further updates via MSM, but his mom and sister have been very active on FB. Her sister has stated -thus "rumor" per TOS; please delete if not allowed- she and Kenneth had been arguing, and when he left her house with his female companion, he wasn't wearing a shirt or any shoes.

She also says Kenneth and his female companion later went swimming near where his car was eventually found. According to the female, they started walking when they realized they'd locked themselves out of the car (according to Kenneth's sister, the vehicle is now in police custody).

I hope that they are searching in the area where Kenneth supposedly went swimming -his sister has been quite candid about his and his companion's drug use leading up to his disappearance, and says they each took a half gram of Molly the night before he went missing ... :(-, just in case he overdosed while still near water.

I wish I could be there to help look for him ...

I don't have a good feeling about this :(

Attachments

• 19390492_1693371684302336_1992413194486610997_o.png
    19390492_1693371684302336_1992413194486610997_o.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 348
Kenny is still missing. There have been some possible sightings, but, nothing definite.

His family is besides themselves with grief.

Kenny's mom wrote a letter to the editor of NCN:

To the Editor:

My son, Kenny McCall age 24, has been missing since June 13. He was last seen on NYS RT 812 and Tidd Rd in the Town of Diana in Upstate NY.

The police have been of little help in locating my son. They only searched the heavily wooded area he was last seen in for just under two days. They would not allow the local volunteer fire departments to be dispatched to continue searching for him. We had to gather our own volunteers and searched for almost 2 more weeks with sometimes only 5-20 volunteers at a time.

We met with them on Monday and they hadn't done anything to try to locate him and used the excuse that they don't have the resources. They seem to be just sitting back waiting for leads to fall in their lap.

There's a 50/50 chance he's laying in the woods or he may think he's in trouble and is "on the run." I had to tell police to subpoena his cell phone records and verify the initial sightings of him and his girlfriend who was located at 9 a.m. She stated he went back to the car (in the wrong direction) to get her water and the car.

There have been a few possible sightings of him since then in Carthage, Philadelphia and Gouverneur. The Gouverneur lead wasn't followed up on by police until after we filed a complaint with the NYS Troopers in Lowville on Tuesday.

The NYS Troopers who were on duty on June 13 called and asked if the sheriff's office needed their assistance and they declined. This is a huge travesty and we want answers. My son and his girlfriend took a drug called Molly around 2:30 p.m. on June 12 and we believe that's why police are blowing off his disappearance instead of continuing to look for him. Would they be so lax if this was their son?

We've also been told since that what they got was not Molly, but another drug called Flakka, which causes severe paranoia. He grew up on Lowville, but was living and working in Cortland, since 2012. He was visiting his sister in Natural Bridge, for about a week when this incident occurred, so he's very unfamiliar with the area. He could've tried to return to the Cortland area and could be hiding out with someone there.

He also lived in Akron, OH a few years ago and knows a few people there as well. Is there any way you could please help us and get this on your news station? We are desperate to find him. His father and I are emotionally drained and need help!

Valerie McCall

Diana

http://northcountrynow.com/letters/...been-seen-gouvenreur-seek-help-public-0202136

Help sought in finding man who may have been sighted in Syracuse area

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/help-sought-in-finding-man-who-may-have-been-sighted-in-syracuse

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The Lewis County Sheriff's Office is looking for help in locating a missing Cortland man who may have recently been seen in the Syracuse area.
Kenneth W. McCall, 24, was last seen Tuesday with his girlfriend on State Route 812 in the Town of Diana, in Lewis County. Authorities said his girlfriend was found alone under the influence of a substance and she told them McCall was missing. Crews have been searching in the area since Tuesday evening.
The family of McCall has received possible sightings of McCall in the Syracuse area.
If anyone has information, they are asked to call the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office at 315-376-3511.

Kenny's mom wrote a letter to the editor of NCN:

To the Editor:

My son, Kenny McCall age 24, has been missing since June 13. He was last seen on NYS RT 812 and Tidd Rd in the Town of Diana in Upstate NY.

The police have been of little help in locating my son. They only searched the heavily wooded area he was last seen in for just under two days. They would not allow the local volunteer fire departments to be dispatched to continue searching for him. We had to gather our own volunteers and searched for almost 2 more weeks with sometimes only 5-20 volunteers at a time.

We met with them on Monday and they hadn't done anything to try to locate him and used the excuse that they don't have the resources. They seem to be just sitting back waiting for leads to fall in their lap.

There's a 50/50 chance he's laying in the woods or he may think he's in trouble and is "on the run." I had to tell police to subpoena his cell phone records and verify the initial sightings of him and his girlfriend who was located at 9 a.m. She stated he went back to the car (in the wrong direction) to get her water and the car.

There have been a few possible sightings of him since then in Carthage, Philadelphia and Gouverneur. The Gouverneur lead wasn't followed up on by police until after we filed a complaint with the NYS Troopers in Lowville on Tuesday.

The NYS Troopers who were on duty on June 13 called and asked if the sheriff's office needed their assistance and they declined. This is a huge travesty and we want answers. My son and his girlfriend took a drug called Molly around 2:30 p.m. on June 12 and we believe that's why police are blowing off his disappearance instead of continuing to look for him. Would they be so lax if this was their son?

We've also been told since that what they got was not Molly, but another drug called Flakka, which causes severe paranoia
. He grew up on Lowville, but was living and working in Cortland, since 2012. He was visiting his sister in Natural Bridge, for about a week when this incident occurred, so he's very unfamiliar with the area. He could've tried to return to the Cortland area and could be hiding out with someone there.

He also lived in Akron, OH a few years ago and knows a few people there as well. Is there any way you could please help us and get this on your news station? We are desperate to find him. His father and I are emotionally drained and need help!

Valerie McCall

Diana

http://northcountrynow.com/letters/...been-seen-gouvenreur-seek-help-public-0202136
RBBM

This is so sad. Drugs or not, Kenneth and his family need help now.

LE may be waiting for the GF to talk (if she remembers anything ... she may not much, but I also suspect she hasn't told them everything she knows ...) to get a better idea as to Kenneth's location, but if so, they would have said something to the family to that effect, IMO.

Kenneth's mom sounds so desperate, as I would be if this were my son and LE were treating the matter the way she says they are her son's case.

Hopefully, the letter will help ... :(.

I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, but on the "Find" FB who is the lady they are seeking in the surveilence photo? I can't read all of the replies on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, but on the "Find" FB who is the lady they are seeking in the surveilence photo? I can't read all of the replies on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

A girl caught on camera removing Find Kenny posters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back