CANADA Canada - Cortney Lake, 24, Mount Pearl, NL, 7 June 2017

north_west

Reaction score
St. John's, Newfoundland-Labrador, CANADA

Cortney Lake is described as being 5 feet 8, about 120 lbs with light brown hair. Last seen wearing a grey hoodie, a pink and white plaid shirt and black pants. (Pictures at link)

"A search is on for a Newfoundland woman who's been missing for nearly a week and police said Tuesday they believe her disappearance is suspicious.

Cortney Lake, 24, was last seen in St. John's on June 7, and police say they're concerned for her safety. According to police, Lake lives in Mount Pearl but has family connections to the Burin Peninsula.

"We have serious concerns for Lake at this point in this investigation and are urging the public to come forward with any information they may have," the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said in a statement Tuesday.

Video stills obtained from Esso on Elizabeth Avenue in St. John's show Lake hours before she went missing.

There has been no use of her cell phone or social media accounts since Wednesday night, Cst. Geoff Hidgon told media in a briefing Tuesday. The RNC first asked for public assistance in finding Lake last Friday and said officers are reviewing social media as well as speaking with friends and family.

Police told CBC the Esso station was not the last place Lake was seen, but they could not reveal what that final location was. The RNC are urging people on social media to use the hashtag #HelpFindCortney."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/missing-woman-cortney-lake-search-1.4158443

Seems like she was a fairly positive / in good spirits according to her FB.

I'm curious if the current BF is the father of her son or not.

EDIT: Although people can put a front for SM but actually be depressed.

SocialGraphic2-splitshot-289x300.png

https://www.rnc.gov.nl.ca/2017/06/13/update-rnc-search-for-missing-person-cortney-lake-24-years-old/

So she left home and disappeared. Why couldn't LE say that? Is it possible she went back home and something happened? Or was she meeting someone?
I wonder if they could pinpoint where her phone ping last?
I hope she's found safe. She has a young boy that needs his momma.

So she left home and disappeared. Why couldn't LE say that? Is it possible she went back home and something happened? Or was she meeting someone?
I wonder if they could pinpoint where her phone ping last?
I hope she's found safe. She has a young boy that needs his momma.

My understanding was that while they had a statement from the father of her child that he dropped her home after swimming, they did not have visual corroboration of that as her last confirmed location until they obtained neighbourhood security camera video of her walking away from the home.

There is most assuredly some information being held back- LE did some ground searches in some interesting locations early on, but never did comment on what brought them there.

Tomorrow will be three weeks since she disappeared. My heart breaks for her family.

Just taking from the above link: Meanwhile, a resident of the Alice Drive home — a man who is known Lake — appeared in court Wednesday morning on a number of charges unrelated to her disappearance.

RNC officers have been inside and outside the home, in the Ridge Road area of St. John’s, since this morning waiting for the warrant.

During that time, 23-year-old Philip Steven Smith appeared in provincial court, charged with eight counts of breaching a recognizance, two counts of failing to comply with a probation order, and one count of driving while disqualified, all said to have occurred in Mount Pearl and St. John's between June 7 and 22.

Four charges were dated June 22 — breaching a recognizance, which include conditions that ordered him to reside at 20 Newtown Road, Long Harbour or notify the RNC in writing or any change of address, breach of probation, and to keep the peace and be of good behaviour, especially towards Lisa Lake — who is Cortney Lake’s mother.

I think this must be the ex-boyfriend. I'm praying for Cortney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this must be the ex-boyfriend. I'm praying for Cortney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed:

"An ex-boyfriend of Cortney Lake was in court the same day she disappeared, where he admitted to assaulting her less than two months earlier.

According to court documents, 25-year-old Philip Steven Smith pleaded guilty to a number of offences on June 7.

One of those was an April 15 assault against Lake. Smith was convicted and received a suspended sentence for that assault.

He was also convicted of breaching a recognizance that prohibited him from contacting Cortney Lake or her mother, Lisa Lake. That offence occurred two days before his June 7 court appearance. Smith was sentenced to two days time served.

Smith also pleaded guilty to knowingly publishing, distributing, transmitting, selling or making available an intimate image, knowing that the person depicted did not give their consent. The victim was not identified in court documents. That incident happened on May 13. Smith received a suspended sentence.

He also pleaded guilty to driving-related offences.

An array of other charges were withdrawn."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...ior-assault-conviction-cortney-lake-1.4184166

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back