Please watch your little ones with firecrackers!

deandaniellws said:
Woman loses four fingers in a firecracker accident.
http://www.wftv.com/news/5673795/detail.html

Firecrackers are so dangerous!!!! :banghead:

must have been quite a firecracker, I've had many Black Cats go off in my hand and it just stings for a few hours...

the worst part is when they blow right next to your head, ears can ring for days from that... :twocents:

The problem is that they're not regulated well enough. One from the same batch may be weaker than the next.

Children shouldn't ever handle them.

How horrible. My mother drilled it into my head when I was little that firecrackers are dangerous. A boy she went to high school with was killed while lighting a roman candle. I only like to see fireworks when the city puts them on. We used to live outside of city limits (thank goodness we moved) and it was legal to set off fireworks near the homes. Each New Year's Eve and 4th of July people were setting them off left and right and it made me nervous. I was always afraid one would land on our roof and catch the house on fire.

she reached for what she thought was a candle...

that wasn't a firecracker, that was an M1000...

otherwise known as a dynamite stick

I don't even buy firecrackers.

Like newmom I enjoy a nice dispaly the city puts off but aside from that I don't understand the thrill.

they don't even sell fireworks in California, at least not around here...

Rocky said:
they don't even sell fireworks in California, at least not around here...
No they don't sell them up here either. Used to be a few places you could still get them, but they are all illegal now. But lots of people bring them in from Mexico.

I used to watch the fireworks display at the Rose Bowl every 4th. Half the excitement was watching the foothills surrounding the stadium go up in flames with the stray sparks.There were plenty of fire trucks sitting there ready to go. They would run all around the stadium area putting out fires.

it was crazy.

We can buy them here in my area of Texas - all over the place. Just can use them in city limits.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back