Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

July 27 2016

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON

February 21, 2017

Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Karen Ristevski: Husband Borce 'a suspect' as police issue strong message to killer

June 16, 2017

The husband of Karen Ristevski is a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation as detectives implore her suspected killer to come forward.

“The person who has done this has a story to tell. They only get one chance to tell it. I encourage them, if they are so inclined, tell it now,” Inspector Tim Day said in an ominous message for her suspected killer today.

[...]

New CCTV is believed to show Ms Ristevski’s Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe travelling north-west along the Old-Calder Highway through Diggers Rest shortly after 11am on June 29 last year – the same day she went missing.

[...]

Insp. Day also revealed her husband Borce Ristevski “remains a suspect” in the year-long investigation, adding Mr Ristevski had not been shown the vision and was likely only viewing it today.

[...]

Mr Ristevski, 53, has vehemently denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance and murder.

Previous Thread - Thread #10

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

Thanks Billybanana for posting the youtube link showing last night's update.

Reading Vasko's body language when he shook his head when walking back to the car I doubt that the situation was staged.

Interesting to note that he was wearing moccasins which obviously leave no prints.

I hope the stick that the ex Detective found was taken for fingerprints. Not that it would prove anything but the question would then need to be asked if prints were on it and the stick size matched the digging "what exactly were you digging for?".

Interesting to read that 'how to remove blood stains' was googled as I always thought she was strangled so no blood would be involved.

Could be his blood? Or maybe there was an inital struggle or even past domestic violence incidents.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Reading Vasko's body language when he shook his head when walking back to the car I doubt that the situation was staged.

Interesting to note that he was wearing moccasins which obviously leave no prints.

I hope the stick that the ex Detective found was taken for fingerprints. Not that it would prove anything but the question would then need to be asked if prints were on it and the stick size matched the digging "what exactly were you digging for?".

Interesting to read that 'how to remove blood stains' was googled as I always thought she was strangled so no blood would be involved.

I'd like to know the answer to that question also Steve. I really hope the police will follow-up at the site at Mt Macedon and search him too.

Strangulation has always occurred to me as the most likely option also. Some of the scenarios that come to mind are too hard to discuss with someone as close as you, since it is just conjecture on my part, but it may not be her blood that needed cleaning up.

Wishing you well Steve and let's hope we get a good result soon.

Great to hear from you Steve...I was going to pm you re your thoughts on these latest developments but you beat me to it..:seeya:

I wonder if Karen had any DNA under her fingernails?
Her fingernails should still have been intact, unless someone did something to them, even though she was not found for some time.

Her fingernails should still have been intact, unless someone did something to them, even though she was not found for some time.

I hope they were able to check for that.

South Aussie have you had a chance to have a look at the video again yet. I can clearly see something moving around on the passenger side if you watch from 50-120 seconds. It contributes to your black space in the back.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/029696b6c0c93c5fb8777340863339f3

attachment.php
attachment.php

After watching ACA story last night...I'm now convinced that Yoda and Troll Doll must have DUNNIT :thinking: ..

Attachments

• IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 969
If there was say BRs dna under her nails. Could that be just from just day to day living between a couple? I have a feeling that's one of the police's biggest problems. The dna in the car/home might not mean as much as it would be expected. Unless it's maybe deep skin cells under her nails if that makes sense. Plus potentional soil samples/caught out lies.... but is that enough?

attachment.php
attachment.php

After watching ACA story last night...I'm now convinced that Yoda and Troll Doll must have DUNNIT :thinking: ..

You guys make me laugh, although I feel naughty doing so over such a serious situation. Guess we have to have a few light-hearted moments. Would be horrible if my Storm trooper turned out to be a plastic bag over someone and they had regained consciousness.

Yes. It looks like a white plastic bag. Can you see it too?

I cannot make out anything in that cctv.
I can see something white.. lol

Vasko's co pilot covering up got me to thinking.
Would BR do that?

If there was say BRs dna under her nails. Could that be just from just day to day living between a couple? I have a feeling that's one of the police's biggest problems. The dna in the car/home might not mean as much as it would be expected. Unless it's maybe deep skin cells under her nails if that makes sense. Plus potentional soil samples/caught out lies.... but is that enough?

Yes and pretty difficult for him to conceal deep gouges from everybody.

I agree that would be a difficult thing to prove. The defence would be all over it saying that DNA could be there anyway.

Also, even if they prove it was br driving the car in diggers rest. Yes it shows he lied... but it doesnt prove he killed her or that she was in the boot etc. What do you think? Will they still need more concrete evidence even if it turns out to be him in the car?

Also, even if they prove it was br driving the car in diggers rest. Yes it shows he lied... but it doesnt prove he killed her or that she was in the boot etc. What do you think? Will they still need more concrete evidence even if it turns out to be him in the car?

Yes I think they will need more, because it doesn't directly link him to her death, however a mountain of circumstantial evidence, which they do have, can be compelling to a jury.

Looking at this possibility.....hope what I'm trying to get at, makes sense?
So BR has admitted to driving the car out that morning in the same direction so he will be the driver of The Merc if cops do have a number plate image.
I'm sure there would be some clear footage from the neighbours cctv that was handed in earlier on too. So based on that they know he was the driver at some point of that journey if he's not lying about that bit.

If he wasn't the one who drove the car out that morning or was in the car with someone else (Karen may have driven together to a location ) and police know who was in the car from that same neighbours footage, what do you think police need to work on? Is it "just" to eliminate his lawyers from saying it could be another Merc? Did the "drivers" change at some point during the trip. We're there less people in the car at some point on this journey?

Ha! Kind of what I've just posted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members