1247 users online (182 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

No cameras, no audio for White House daily briefing

The White House press briefing has seen better days. Lately, in fact, the briefing is often not seen at all.

For four days last week, representatives for President Trump skipped the usual on-camera briefing to take questions off-camera. .

This wasn't the first time the White House had taken this step, but this month has brought an added twist. In response to networks like CNN that decided to broadcast audio of the briefing, even without a visual to accompany, the White House barred attendees from doing that, too. Monday's briefing -- the White House termed it a "gaggle," a more informal set-up, though it took place in a format much like a briefing -- was likewise off-camera, with audio broadcasting forbidden...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/19/medi...dia/index.html

Whereas I believe the press conferences should be on camera, the White House is not required to do so.

Further, Trump makes his own announcements often, making press conferences unnecessary.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.

We still have Trump's twitter meltdowns and his people lying to us on Sunday mornings, so there's that.
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

Last edited by jamiect; 06-19-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Who in the heck does he think he is? Some dictator ?

He is supposed to do the work of the people. What a piece of work he is. I guess not work, That does not seem to be his strong suit

Need to get them off WH grounds, hope they open up the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    The White House press briefing has seen better days. Lately, in fact, the briefing is often not seen at all.

For four days last week, representatives for President Trump skipped the usual on-camera briefing to take questions off-camera. .

This wasn't the first time the White House had taken this step, but this month has brought an added twist. In response to networks like CNN that decided to broadcast audio of the briefing, even without a visual to accompany, the White House barred attendees from doing that, too. Monday's briefing -- the White House termed it a "gaggle," a more informal set-up, though it took place in a format much like a briefing -- was likewise off-camera, with audio broadcasting forbidden...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/19/medi...dia/index.html
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    CNN reporting that Sean Spicer might be moved into another White House position, leaving a vacancy for the chief spokesperson.

CNN reporting that Sean Spicer might be moved into another White House position, leaving a vacancy for the chief spokesperson.
    Who wants to sign up for that job? Death sentence.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Spicer searching for replacement press secretary:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...cretary-239721
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    Who wants to sign up for that job? Death sentence.

Alex Baldwin?

Not that he's going to ask for my advice, but he should get the hell out of there and write a book.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Not that he's going to ask for my advice, but he should get the hell out of there and write a book.
    I know! Can you imagine the stories that man could tell?
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post

“Spicer should be elevated, and if he’s not, I would not blame him for leaving,” said the White House official. “The president owes him this much for all he’s done for him. Sean is indispensable, and I think the president knows that.”
    Say what?!

Quote Originally Posted by jc8825 View Post
    Whereas I believe the press conferences should be on camera, the White House is not required to do so.

Further, Trump makes his own announcements often, making press conferences unnecessary.
    Seriously? His tweets....what? His own "announcements" are not available for the rich questioning of a free press, the back and forth of press conferences. Can you imagine Trump at Question Time for the English PM? The man is an embarrassment to a world democracy.

Of course the White House doesn't "have to." What's that got to do with good government?

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post

Spicer aged since he's been WH spokesperson. Looks like death warmed over.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast