1099 users online (222 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Will Otto Warmbier's death force Trump to act against North Korea?

Jun 20 2017, 2:18 pm ET

Will Otto Warmbier’s Death Force Trump to Act on North Korea?

by Erik Ortiz and Ali Vitali

The death of American college student Otto Warmbier on Monday — just days after his unexpected return to the United States from a North Korean prison — is certain to galvanize President Donald Trump, experts say.

But whether it will be the catalyst for a major response that could redefine U.S.-North Korean relations remains to be seen.

"The president is going to have to do something — and it's going to have to go well beyond condolences that he gave yesterday and a condemnation of North Korea," said Gordon Chang, a Daily Beast columnist and author of "Nuclear Showdown: North Korea Takes On the World." "He needs to make clear to North Korea and other regimes that there will be a severe cost for harming an American." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-ko...-korea-n774636

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Non-political discussion of case: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-2017-Deceased

I am not sure what to think about this. It sounds like he had a cardiac arrest at some time and was resuscitated, then they gave him perfect care while he was in a vegetative state and repatriated him.

You have to wonder why they kept him alive or even sent him back. They could have just disappeared him.

I truely hope un is taken out.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Is that what you think that he was receiving perfect care?

They did this to him intentionally. Perfect care, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I am not sure what to think about this. It sounds like he had a cardiac arrest at some time and was resuscitated, then they gave him perfect care while he was in a vegetative state and repatriated him.

You have to wonder why they kept him alive or even sent him back. They could have just disappeared him.

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Is that what you think that he was receiving perfect care?

They did this to him intentionally. Perfect care, please.
    I think that you know very well that I meant they took perfect care of him when he was in the vegetative state. It is very difficult to keep people's skin in good order in that state. I would have expected bed sores and such.

I am not saying that whatever they did, did not cause his cardiac arrest, just that it seems strange that they went to such trouble to keep him alive and in good condition despite his vegetative state.

Don't you find that odd?

It's my opinion that he had recently feel into a vegetative state, that's why he was released.
    He couldn't talk to say what was done to him, then he was released.

Words matter.

Trump: China 'has not worked out' on North Korea

Twitter:

I don't want to blame any victims for what happened to them because NK is a totally messed up country to do the things they do to humans, but I wonder why any Americans (or anyone) travel to North Korea at all?

This is from the State Department:

The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). U.S. citizens in the DPRK are at serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement.

This system imposes unduly harsh sentences for actions that would not be considered crimes in the United States and threatens U.S. citizen detainees with being treated in accordance with “wartime law of the DPRK.”

Since the United States does not maintain diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea, the U.S. government has no means to provide normal consular services to U.S. citizens in North Korea. This notice updates the number of U.S. citizens who have been detained in North Korea and replaces the Travel Warning dated February 7, 2017.
    The warning goes on and gives further details and it's terrifying.

Here's an article about it:

Traveling to North Korea is still legal for Americans but it's probably not a great idea

While the sanctions against North Korea are extensive, a travel ban—a la Cuba—could be out of the question. Such a move would likely have to pass through Congress and Royce said there's a balance to strike since the freedom to travel is protected by the Constitution.

"Let me be clear here: Americans should not be traveling to North Korea for any reason," House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce said. "Kim Jong Un has no respect for human life and has detained Americans as bargaining chips. Use some common sense and recognize the grave risk."
    Toxic masculinity ruins the party again!

After Otto Warmbier's death, top senators say U.S. should consider banning North Korea travel

Even before the world learned that Warmbier had fallen into a coma while imprisoned in North Korea, Reps. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and Joe Wilson, R-S.C., introduced legislation that would require Americans to get a license from the Treasury Department to travel to the repressive dictatorship — and no licenses could be issued for tourists to visit the country.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vel/412477001/

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I don't want to blame any victims for what happened to them because NK is a totally messed up country to do the things they do to humans, but I wonder why any Americans (or anyone) travel to North Korea at all?

This is from the State Department:

The warning goes on and gives further details and it's terrifying.

Here's an article about it:

Traveling to North Korea is still legal for Americans but it's probably not a great idea
    Totally with you there Blue. Makes no sense, unless they have a death wish.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

How to Deal With North Korea

There are no good options. But some are worse than others.

Snipped:
    1. Prevention: A crushing U.S. military strike to eliminate Pyongyang’s arsenals of mass destruction, take out its leadership, and destroy its military. It would end North Korea’s standoff with the United States and South Korea, as well as the Kim dynasty, once and for all.

2. Turning the screws: A limited conventional military attack—or more likely a continuing series of such attacks—using aerial and naval assets, and possibly including narrowly targeted Special Forces operations. These would have to be punishing enough to significantly damage North Korea’s capability—but small enough to avoid being perceived as the beginning of a preventive strike. The goal would be to leave Kim Jong Un in power, but force him to abandon his pursuit of nuclear ICBMs.

3. Decapitation: Removing Kim and his inner circle, most likely by assassination, and replacing the leadership with a more moderate regime willing to open North Korea to the rest of the world.

4. Acceptance: The hardest pill to swallow—acquiescing to Kim’s developing the weapons he wants, while continuing efforts to contain his ambition.

Let’s consider each option. All of them are bad.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-earth/528717/

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I think that you know very well that I meant they took perfect care of him when he was in the vegetative state. It is very difficult to keep people's skin in good order in that state. I would have expected bed sores and such.

I am not saying that whatever they did, did not cause his cardiac arrest, just that it seems strange that they went to such trouble to keep him alive and in good condition despite his vegetative state.

Don't you find that odd?
    So that when they released him we could tell how much he was tortured.

Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    So that when they released him we could tell how much he was tortured.
    Except no one knows if he was tortured. I think he probably was, but there is no report that that he had signs of torture on his body. I suspect that he was given an extreme version of waterboarding.

If Trump knew about Warmbier's incarceration in North Korea and believed the young man should have been released sooner, why didn't he initiate the release immediately after his inauguration? Either Trump didn't know about Warmbier's circumstances, or it wasn't a top agenda item for the new President. Trump's had nearly six months to negotiate Warmbier's release from imprisonment in North Korea, but he did nothing to promote said release. Instead, he blames previous administration and China for the unfortunate death of the young American.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast