Found Deceased KS - Matthew Johnson, 26, Kansas City, 18 June 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]KCK Police asking for help to find missing 26-year-old man[/h] [h=2]His vehicle was found abandoned near 59th and Sewell

[/h]
kckmissingperson-1497991961.png

Johnson was last seen around 3:30 a.m. Sunday near 4030 Nearman Drive.

Family members told KMBC that he was on a party bus and had been drinking that night. He was dropped off - then decided to drive.
At one point Johnson called his brother after getting lost and wandering away from his car. That call was on facetime and Johnson's brother could see woods in the background. That was the last time anyone spoke with him.
http://www.kmbc.com/article/kck-police-asking-for-help-to-find-missing-26-year-old-man/10198076[h=2]

[/h]

Friend of KCK man missing since Sunday: ‘My heart is broken. We need to find him.’

As authorities searched for the fifth consecutive day for 26-year-old Matthew Johnson, one of Johnson’s friends, Dynikah Brown of Kansas City, Kan., said the man was among a group celebrating her 27th birthday Saturday.

The group spent hours on a party bus.

“Everybody was in good spirit and having a good time,” Brown said.
Brown said she last saw Johnson about 2:15 a.m. Sunday when he was dropped off at a parking lot near Ball’s Sun Fresh on 18th Street in Kansas City, Kan. to retrieve his car.

He's still missing. His brother believed he was in a wooded area, they've been using drones and such to look, but no trace. I'm wondering if his cell phone was found in his car or if it pinged anywhere besides the area he was in when he had his FaceTime call telling his friend he was lost?

Hope he is found soon. Unless he hurt himself, he should have sobered up and find his way somewhere by late morning. Scary.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

"Approximately 3:40 he called me to come pick him up, and I asked him where he was and he couldn't really tell me where," his brother said. He adds that Matthew then sent him a video on Facebook Messenger from his cell phone, and told him that he was by a "mailbox" at Nearman Drive and Dickson Road.

"He sent a last text message at 5:12 saying he was along railroad tracks, so we kind of walked up and down the railroad tracks and we couldn't find him," Joshua Johnson said.

Police recovered Matthew Johnson's black, 2010 Chevrolet Malibu about a mile-and-a-half away near 59th and Sewell. Police say it had a banged up front bumper, a blown, front, right tire and side damage. Investigators believe after he apparently hit the mailbox, he got out of his car and tried to walk for help or make it to his mom's house several miles away.

"We personally saw him at 4:50 on the video, so he looked fine like he wasn't injured from it," his brother said.

Police flew over the wooded areas with a helicopter, a drone, talked to neighbors and canvassed the area where the missing man's cell phone pinged, but so far, no sign of him, his wallet or his cell phone.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/06/26/as-a-w...and-park-man-friends-and-familys-worry-grows/

Sadly I feel someone took advantage of this guy. 18th street is not a good area, not sure about the area of the other locations.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/07/07/discov...amily-with-some-closure-but-still-devastated/

This poor family: Family said Johnson was last seen alive a few weeks ago in the parking lot of Sun Fresh near I-70 and 18th Street in KCK. Joshua Johnson said his brother had just been dropped off to his car after riding a party bus for a birthday party. He said his thinks his brother might have still been intoxicated when he drove away in his car. Johnson said his brother called him and said he was lost and couldn't find his way home.

He said police told the family they believe Matthew hit a mailbox and then ditched his car. Then, he told his brother he was lost and walking down railroad tracks. Joshua said investigators don't believe foul play was involved, but believe Matthew might have fallen from the tracks into the river.

Saw this story on facebook this morning. Sad. This guy had his life going for him. Wish someone would have taken him home instead of dropping him off if he was that drunk.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back