983 users online (146 members and 837 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,176

    OK - Convicted child molester moves next door to his victim, Bristow, June 2017



    Convicted Oklahoma child molester moves next door to victim

    An Oklahoma woman says the man who was convicted of molesting her when she was a little girl now lives next door.

    “He’s like right there, practically in my backyard and that kind of makes me nervous and not want to go home ever,” said 21-year-old Danyelle Dyer.

    Danyelle and her family say her uncle, Harold English, recently got out of prison and moved in with his mother whose property is just over the fence.

    (...)

    “Supposedly he paid his debt to society and as long as he’s not near a church or a daycare or where children gather, he’s free to do as he wishes,” (...)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,648
    What a smack in the face for her.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,701
    wow

    how awful for her

  4. #4
    How disgusting, and to know the mother (grandmother) is okay with it. I understand you love your children, but.... no
    Do you remember Lori Sibrel? Franklin, TN 1979:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    15,223
    How is this allowed? Can she get a restraining order? This is some bull***.

    Poor girl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,245
    This is sick. I truly cannot imagine.

    Is there a thread about the 7 year old who was raped by a 23 year old who was just released from prison for rape, months ago?

    Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by DatelineFan View Post
    This is sick. I truly cannot imagine.

    Is there a thread about the 7 year old who was raped by a 23 year old who was just released from prison for rape, months ago?

    Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Yes, there is: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post13448670

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,757
    This doesn't even surprise me. Good job, Oklahoma. (sarcasm)
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.



    "gangs"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,148
    How awful! I would be stocking up on my ammo in case he tried anything.

    Brave, brave girl to go public about this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    460
    How about a go fund me for a really big fence, cameras and an alarm system, and decorative landscaping to obscure viewing.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,436
    It's not just Oklahoma. This could happen anywhere. Someone could murder your mother, do their 10 yrs, ( or so), and then they are free to move right next door to you, if they want. You get a letter saying they've been released and thats it.
    Thing is, who would WANT to do that?! Couldn't his mom help him rent a cheap room somewhere else?

    I suspect this is how many, many people feel, who grew up in families that protect their child molesting relatives, inviting them to all the "family things" and pretending nothing is amiss ... Forcing the victim withdraw from the family, or be faced with their abuser. Very sad, and ugly dynamic, but not so uncommon as you might think. So many of them are never arrested at all...

    I hope this young women continues to speak out, this needs to stop. I am glad she is being heard!
    from the link:

    "We also spoke to Representative Kyle Hilbert and he told us he’s working with the family and lawmakers about the issue. He hopes to get a new law on the books during the next session."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    It's not just Oklahoma. This could happen anywhere. Someone could murder your mother, do their 10 yrs, ( or so), and then they are free to move right next door to you, if they want. You get a letter saying they've been released and thats it.
    Thing is, who would WANT to do that?! Couldn't his mom help him rent a cheap room somewhere else?

    I suspect this is how many, many people feel, who grew up in families that protect their child molesting relatives, inviting them to all the "family things" and pretending nothing is amiss ... Forcing the victim withdraw from the family, or be faced with their abuser. Very sad, and ugly dynamic, but not so uncommon as you might think. So many of them are never arrested at all...

    I hope this young women continues to speak out, this needs to stop. I am glad she is being heard!
    from the link:

    "We also spoke to Representative Kyle Hilbert and he told us he’s working with the family and lawmakers about the issue. He hopes to get a new law on the books during the next session."
    Good for her speaking out about it. For some reason, I thought a condition of an inmate's release was they not have any contact with their victim(s). That's how it should be. MOO
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    GFYS, New York
    Posts
    21
    What a *******. Someone needs to tell the landlord and get this POS removed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    903
    This truly sucks big time!! I had a Protective Order against my Ex and he moved a block up the side street from me. He could be in his front yard and see my back door. Nobody would do a dang thing about it. He would just sit out there and watch. Or walk around the neighborhood. After a long and sorted story, I finally signed the house over to him and moved out of state.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by razzledazzle View Post
    This truly sucks big time!! I had a Protective Order against my Ex and he moved a block up the side street from me. He could be in his front yard and see my back door. Nobody would do a dang thing about it. He would just sit out there and watch. Or walk around the neighborhood. After a long and sorted story, I finally signed the house over to him and moved out of state.
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Something is terribly wrong with the laws that enable an ex to intimidate you in order to get the house.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - Convicted Child Molester Beaten Up by Former Victim in Jail
    By Doyle in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-02-2015, 07:33 AM
  2. GA - Convicted Child Molester Ran Business For Kids
    By sherri79 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:45 AM