Identified! IL - Cook Co., BlkMale UP16651, 18-30, in Lake Michigan, Gucci polo, Apr'17-Name Withheld

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]

Case Report - NamUs UP # 16651[/h] [h=1]Case Information[/h]
StatusUnidentified
Case numberME2017-01803
Date foundApril 18, 2017 00:00
Date createdMay 16, 2017 15:50
Date last modifiedJune 19, 2017 10:51
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed

[h=3]Local Contact (ME/C or Other)[/h]
AgencyCook Cnty Medical Exmnrs Ofc
Phone312-997-4500

[h=3]Case Manager[/h]
NameKristin Escobar Alvarenga
Phone3126660200

[h=1]Demographics[/h]
Estimated ageAdult - Pre 30
Minimum age years
Maximum age years
RaceBlack/African American
Ethnicity
SexMale
Weight (pounds) 195, Measured
Height (inches) 75, Measured

[h=3]Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)[/h]
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Probable year of death to
Estimated postmortem interval

[h=1]Circumstances[/h]
[h=3]Location Found[/h]
GPS coordinates
Address 1
Address 2
City
StateIllinois
Zip code
CountyCook

Circumstances
Lake Michigan

[h=1]Physical[/h]
Hair color
Head hair
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color
Right eye color
Eye description

No other distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below

Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks
Tattoos
Piercings
Artificial body parts
and aids

Finger and toe nails
Other distinctive
physical characteristics

[h=1]Medical[/h]
Medical implants
Foreign objects
Skeletal findings
Organ absent
Prior surgery
Other medical
information

[h=1]Fingerprints[/h]

[h=1]Clothing and Accessories[/h]
No clothing or accessories
Clothing and accessories are described below

Clothing on body see photo
Clothing with body
Footwear
Jewelry
Eyewear
Other items found
with body

[h=1]Dental[/h]
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

[h=1]DNA[/h]

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/16651

not much info. Gucci is not cheap. but I know street hustlers wear clothes that cot more than their rent. I see blood on the shoulders too. Perhaps shot in head?

I am hoping it is decomposition. I may know who it is so I plan on reaching out to the Case Manager.

It's a cheap fake Gucci shirt. The tag is wrong, the monogram pattern is inconsistent, the stitching...

After some googling, I found the exact same shirt on GoLots.net

I can't link it directly as it wants some kind of login, but on Google, search for golots item 33787 (no quote marks) and view Google's cached version.
attachment.php

EDIT to add: I've submitted this info to NamUs.

Attachments

• gucci-womens-swimwear-cheap-BODF.jpg
    gucci-womens-swimwear-cheap-BODF.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 163
I recently discovered a very close family friend's son was missing since March 27th. He was 21 and having some issues at home and had been staying with friends, etc. I had been checking the jail rosters to no avail and then I checked for unidentified bodies in Chicago and found the above record. I recognized the initials that they say were tattooed on his chest so I notified the family. This is her 2nd and last son to die in Chicago so everyone is extremely emotional. I am unable to gather any additional details but the mother ID'd the body over the telephone based on other tattoos. His aunts went to actually view the body and I believe he was still mostly intact and the body maybe had been in the water no more than 2 weeks. We are heartbroken.

My prayers to the family. I'm so sorry.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I see there have been multiple bodies found in the lake in that area which is a very upscale area. Not sure whats going on or if we will ever know.

Sourcingforinfo, I'm so sorry for your loss. For what it's worth, I'm sending good thoughts your way, and to your friend and their whole family.

I notice that the profile for this UID (Namus UP #16651) doesn't mention tattoos, and says the condition is "Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction." Is it possible that your friend's son's body is a different case? As you pointed out, there have been multiple bodies found in the lake in that area.

Again, I'm so sorry for the pain you and yours are going through.

I see there have been multiple bodies found in the lake in that area which is a very upscale area. Not sure whats going on or if we will ever know.
Could just be that's an area where the lake currents push ashore. My daughter went to college in Evanston and every spring, there would be bodies washing up along the shore, some from quite far away.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Could just be that's an area where the lake currents push ashore. My daughter went to college in Evanston and every spring, there would be bodies washing up along the shore, some from quite far away.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That's exactly what it is.

Sourcingforinfo, I'm so sorry for your loss. For what it's worth, I'm sending good thoughts your way, and to your friend and their whole family.

I notice that the profile for this UID (Namus UP #16651) doesn't mention tattoos, and says the condition is "Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction." Is it possible that your friend's son's body is a different case? As you pointed out, there have been multiple bodies found in the lake in that area.

Again, I'm so sorry for the pain you and yours are going through.

Looking at the Cook County Med Exam site it does include in the description "Clothing: white polo shirt (Brand: Gucci, size XX-Large); Tattoos: “PDD” on upper right chest". https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/unidentified-persons

Looking at the Cook County Med Exam site it does include in the description "Clothing: white polo shirt (Brand: Gucci, size XX-Large); Tattoos: “PDD” on upper right chest". https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/unidentified-persons

Thank you and yes. That's exactly where I found the information. I ran across the NAMUS file over a month ago but didn't connect the dots. However, once I zoomed in, I located the Cook County file and found the tattoo which was dead on.

im so sorry for the loss of this young man.

Thank you and yes. That's exactly where I found the information. I ran across the NAMUS file over a month ago but didn't connect the dots. However, once I zoomed in, I located the Cook County file and found the tattoo which was dead on.

Thank you so much! It is sad indeed and this young man was not into anything bad but was having a difficult time grieving family members and perhaps the onset of some mental issues. Now I have to try to find out what happened.

If he's been identified, the police haven't his Namus profile down.

Allegedly he was reported missing so how would the police not even check the NAMUS db?? I see the profile is still up. The body has been claimed and buried.

I know of at least one other case (in Colorado) where the victim was identified ages ago and the killer tried and jailed, but the Namus page is still up. Apparently there's a form or procedure LE has to follow to notify them, and the t's weren't all crossed by the right agency, or something. Or maybe just paperwork delays. There seem to be a lot of those lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back