842 users online (139 members and 703 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

NV - UID Female # 80-01221, Clark County

Hi everyone. I tried to post this once before and was unable...very new at this, sorry.

Does anyone think this unidentified girl may be a match to Rachael Garden who went missing in Newton, NH in 1980 at 15 years old?

Here's a photo of Rachael:

And the following is a link to photo of the unidentified girl. Warning-- graphic image:

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...0-1221_new.jpg?
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-30-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Wow the resemblance is uncanny. Can you post the link to the unidentified girls case.

The nose and the lips are very, very similar. Can you post the links for us so that we can look at the details I would definitely turn this in if the time she went missing to the time this UID was found fits. Absolutely!

Thanks for your replies! Here are the links:

Rachael Garden:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_rachael.html

Unidentified:

http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...v_80-1221.aspx

This sounds like a definite possibility, although it is on the other side of the country. It mentioned that the unidentified girl had a tattoo...and they did not mention that rachael had one. My one concern is how did she get to Nevada? I definitely think this is a match. To me it is uncanny how much the two pictures are alike! Nice job, Indigo! You guys amaze me how you find these matches!
    No pit is so deep that God cannot go deeper still. ~Corrie Ten Boom~

Wow, they have the exact same nose. I admit the distance from her home and the tattoo, along with a possible confession and the fact that Garden doesn't sound much like a runaway, do lend their doubts. Of course, Garden was missing over 5 months before the JD was found. Anything could have happened over that period of time, including the tattoo. As we know from other cases, stranger things have happened. I assume you are reporting this. Let us know what you find out.

I have already submitted it years ago normally it was ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyahna View Post
    I have already submitted it years ago normally it was ruled out.
    Hi Meyahna,

Thanks for the update. I wish I had seen your post before I submitted it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Hi Meyahna,

Thanks for the update. I wish I had seen your post before I submitted it again!
    Ah well - maybe they will take a second look and dig a little deeper? One can only hope. The nose was really spot on!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Ah well - maybe they will take a second look and dig a little deeper? One can only hope. The nose was really spot on!

Salem
    Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.

Oddly enough I think this UID was also brought up in the Laureen Rahn case as well. Laureen was from Rachel's area of NH, about the same age, and went missing just a month after Rachel. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/204dfnh.html

Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.
    Thanks for trying Indigo, I really thought you had a match here !! Thanks for the additional info. Glad to see they are getting her DNA into CODIS. A very important step in getting her identified.
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

Quote Originally Posted by hmg View Post
    Oddly enough I think this UID was also brought up in the Laureen Rahn case as well. Laureen was from Rachel's area of NH, about the same age, and went missing just a month after Rachel. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/204dfnh.html
    That is odd...maybe it's the age factor. These girls were all so young. Very sad. Thanks so much for the blog link...it's great! Is it your blog site? I put it in my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    Thanks for trying Indigo, I really thought you had a match here !! Thanks for the additional info. Glad to see they are getting her DNA into CODIS. A very important step in getting her identified.
    Thank you for the encouragement, barb0301. At first I hesitated to post here because I've had so little experience with this kind of work (I've only posted here on a few cases) I see the solid dedication of those who stick with these cases year after year and I know I don't have the circumstances to be able to do that. But I was struck by Tricia's words on the front page of Websleuths that said "EVERYONE has something to contribute"(not sure of exact wording)

As you said in your post, this UID really did look like a match for Rachael. In his email, the coroner related that he called Rachael's parents in regard to this possibility and when Rachael's mom and dad viewed the unidentified girl's picture online her mom said, "No," and her dad said, "Maybe." So even one of her parents thought it was a possible match. This really brought home to me what these parents have to go through time after time until their loved ones are finally found. It breaks my heart.

That is odd...maybe it's the age factor. These girls were all so young. Very sad. Thanks so much for the blog link...it's great! Is it your blog site? I put it in my favorites.
    Yes, the blog is something I just started, thanks for putting it in your favorites! As you can see I was just researching Laureen Rahn for the blog so the fact about the Henderson, NV UID was fresh in mind. Maybe they received a tip at some point that the girl was from the east coast? Rachel and Laureen do look alike so I guess it's not surprising.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast