825 users online (137 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I submitted a tip regarding our Jane Doe. The Coroners Office then sent an email (along with my email address as BC) to the Detective in charge of the missing woman I submitted.

as we discussed, we received a tip from our Unidentified Persons Web Site that our Jane Doe may be your missing person Margaret Kay Holst from 1977. Attached is our Missing Person Flyer on our decedent. There are some similarities that we can not rule out except by scientific means. You indicated that you do not have any fingerprints for dental x-rays on file on your missing person. You said that you have entered her family's DNA into CODIS. As stated, we exhumed our decedent in 2003 for a dental match which ruled out Rachael Gardner. Our decedent's DNA sample has been sent to the Texas Site and hopefully will get a DNA Profile soon. We will alert them to check against your missing person.
    The woman I submitted is http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2589dfne.html

This UID is being discussed on this thread as well: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69503

I've been wondering if LE thinks that this Jane Doe is from the East Coast considering that she was compared to both Rachel Garden and Laureen Rahn or if they were just checking every girl in the country who was the same age and went missing that year?

Unhappy This young girl haunts me more than any other

Did anyone get any where?
    The UID should be so recognisable
    England's dancing days are done...

There's some info/photos of missing girls on the thread at url below that might be worth a look at. How incredibly sad.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81067

ETA To bring a photo over to this thread just right click on photo than click on 'Copy image location'. Than place the image location url in 'insert an image' when posting.

Rudolf is offline Sociopaths are 4% of the general population; That's 1 in 25.
    What about this girl: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1182dfwi.html as a match to
    http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...v_80-1221.aspx The family hadn't seen her in a couple years when they reported her missing.
    The eye color is right, but the height is off and so is the hair. They hadn't seen her so maybe that would explain it.
    She had the letter S tattooed on her arm and the missing girls name is Suzanne.
    Last edited by Rudolf; 03-13-2009 at 12:30 AM. Reason: more stuff

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."

Exclamation Warning! Graphic Photo Attached

I believe this girl looks alot like this Jane Doe, although she is a bit older than estimated for the Doe, her photo is similar
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/870dfca.html
    Debra Lynn Kidwell
    Missing since May 4, 1979 from Ventura, Ventura County, California.
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 27, 1952
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 120 lbs. (55 kg.)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Scar abdomen
    Medical Conditions: Nervous condition
    Dentals: Available
    AKA: Debra Lynn Cronan

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Kidwell was last seen May 4, 1979 in Ventura, CA.
    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Ventura County Sheriff's Office
    805-654-2311
    Agency Case Number: 79-07911
    NCIC Number: M-047303919
    Attached Images Attached Images

MadeaBecBec is offline "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it."

Exclamation Graphic Photo Attached

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf View Post
    What about this girl: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1182dfwi.html as a match to
    http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...v_80-1221.aspx The family hadn't seen her in a couple years when they reported her missing.
    The eye color is right, but the height is off and so is the hair. They hadn't seen her so maybe that would explain it.
    She had the letter S tattooed on her arm and the missing girls name is Suzanne.
    I was posting my potential match and didn't see yours until after, I like them both, now! I suppose we'll need to wait on some feedback from the others now! But, Here's a side by side of Suzanne and JD for ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.
    Indigo, is there a chance you can ask for a list of rule-outs from your source??
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Indigo, is there a chance you can ask for a list of rule-outs from your source??
    I know this isn't a full list, but it's from an old list I have of rule-outs. I am sure more than these 2 girls have been ruled out.

Karen Lynn Zendrosky (dentals)

and

Cheryl Ann Scherer (dentals)

Quote Originally Posted by jules19osu View Post
    I know this isn't a full list, but it's from an old list I have of rule-outs. I am sure more than these 2 girls have been ruled out.

and

Thank you!!!!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Rudolf is offline Sociopaths are 4% of the general population; That's 1 in 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeaBecBec View Post
    I was posting my potential match and didn't see yours until after, I like them both, now! I suppose we'll need to wait on some feedback from the others now! But, Here's a side by side of Suzanne and JD for ya!
    I like both too. JD was lovely, she must have been a stunning girl. They both look like matches.
    Last edited by Rudolf; 03-13-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: dumbness

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I received a reply today from the coroner on Clark County UID Case # 80-01221. As Meyahna stated previously, Rachael Garden was ruled out by means of forensic odontology. A hopeful point for our unidentifed girl is that she has been exhumed and a sample of her DNA taken. This is now in the process of being entered into CODIS.
    From Jules19osu
    and

That's 3 then, so far!

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post

I'll send off an email today and let you know, asap.

ETA: Email has been sent--waiting for response.

Thanks for your thoughts and interest in this, even though I am in England, this girl touches my heart. I will also try to do some sleuthing over the weekend

Doe network page

Case File 258UFNV
    Unidentified White Female

* Discovered on October 5, 1980 on State Route 146 near Arroyo Grande Avenue, Henderson, Clark County, Nevada.
    * Estimated date of death is no more than a week prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 14 - 18 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 103 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish/brown shoulder length hair; green/hazel eyes. Non-smoker.
    * Tattoos: A crudely made tattoo of letter "S" on inner portion of right forearm, approximately 1/2" in length.
    * Dental Information: Available. Wisdom teeth impacted. She had fillings. Dental Features: 7 & 8 are present diastema 27 present root tip.
    * Clothing: She was found nude.
    * Fingerprints: Full prints are availble in file. Prints sent to CA DOJ, FBI, and LVMPD - no matching record.

Case History
    The victim was located on October 15, 1980 on State Route 146 near Arroyo Grande Road, Henderson, NV. Her fingerprints matched no one in the missing person system at the time.
    The victim was murdered elsewhere, her body dumped at the site. Multiple head wounds, possibly with a hammer, to back of skull and behind right ear. Seven puncture-type stab wounds to left, upper portion of back, approximately 3" in depth.
    Her body was exhumed in May 2003 to get a more accurate dental record for comparison. DNA is available.

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast