1287 users online (204 members and 1083 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229

    Russia - Steven Beare, 32, CO man missing on Mt Elbrus, 16 June 2017

    I have a friend from high school who's close friend has gone missing.

    His name is Steven Beare. He is a 32 year old police officer from Littleton, Colorado who was visiting Russia to climb Mt. Elbrus, which I believe is one of Russia's highest peaks.

    I'm hoping that the international reach that Websleuths has, we can spread the word about this missing man & have people be on the look out.

    Here are some links:

    Search for Steve Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2450...8/?pnref=story

    Denver Local CBS: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/2...-russian-peak/

    The Denver Post:
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/20...beare-missing/

    I was kind of surprised that he didn't have a thread up here already. Let's keep this fresh!
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,273
    It appears he was alone while climbing? Was the cell phone the only means of communicating? It it sounds quite possible this is an accident and he has not been located, possibly due to the blizzard. Weather is definitely hampering search efforts.

    Thank you for sharing, LavendarL. I will try to keep a check on progress. I am so sorry that all I can offer right now is prayers.


    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/2...-russian-peak/
    Last Friday, a blizzard hammered Mt. Elbrus with four feet of snow. Beare never reached his checkpoint.

    Wife got really worried on Saturday. "She immediately called the U.S. Embassy in Moscow"


    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/20/littleton-police-steven-beare-missing/
    Wife spoke to him on June 12 when he first arrived in Russia [June 12 was a Monday here]

    He was supposed to return to a checkpoint on June 16 [Friday]



    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    359
    I am all about goals and dreams but at some point when you have children you need to think of risk too. Prayers this man is located.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229
    I have invited some of his loved ones to Websleuths.

    What I worry about is, is Russia really doing all they can to find him? I can't begin to fathom the feelings the family are going through.
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderLotus View Post
    I have invited some of his loved ones to Websleuths.

    What I worry about is, is Russia really doing all they can to find him? I can't begin to fathom the feelings the family are going through.
    Good point, and I rather doubt they do. the Embassy is probably the best route. hopefully, they can get the choppers up soon to search with.

    A missing loved one is a nightmare, day and night. I cannot begin to imagine how one searches a mountain.

    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    It appears he was alone while climbing? Was the cell phone the only means of communicating? It it sounds quite possible this is an accident and he has not been located, possibly due to the blizzard. Weather is definitely hampering search efforts.

    Thank you for sharing, LavendarL. I will try to keep a check on progress. I am so sorry that all I can offer right now is prayers.


    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/06/2...-russian-peak/
    Last Friday, a blizzard hammered Mt. Elbrus with four feet of snow. Beare never reached his checkpoint.

    Wife got really worried on Saturday. "She immediately called the U.S. Embassy in Moscow"


    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/20/littleton-police-steven-beare-missing/
    Wife spoke to him on June 12 when he first arrived in Russia [June 12 was a Monday here]

    He was supposed to return to a checkpoint on June 16 [Friday]



    I haven't read the rest of the replies yet, but I think that's what's going on as well. I did see many news articles of people surviving in what seemed to be impossible conditions before help arrived so I'm hoping the same!
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,273
    I hope you are right, Lavendar. Every day must get harder, waiting for some word.

    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/22...leton-officer/
    U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman says he will meet Friday with the Russian ambassador to the United States about missing Littleton police officer Steven Beare, ...

    The regional branch of the Russian Emergencies Ministry said rescuers have been searching for Beare, but the effort has been repeatedly suspended due to bad weather. Officials resumed the search Wednesday only to halt it again a few hours later when weather worsened.
    The ministry said Thursday the search has been suspended since then.

    (letter is in the article)
    Last edited by Spellbound; 06-23-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I hope you are right, Lavendar. Every day must get harder, waiting for some word.

    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/22...leton-officer/
    U.S. Rep. Mike Coffman says he will meet Friday with the Russian ambassador to the United States about missing Littleton police officer Steven Beare, ...

    The regional branch of the Russian Emergencies Ministry said rescuers have been searching for Beare, but the effort has been repeatedly suspended due to bad weather. Officials resumed the search Wednesday only to halt it again a few hours later when weather worsened.
    The ministry said Thursday the search has been suspended since then.

    (letter is in the article)
    Thank you for posting this link! I've been seeing on the Search for Steven fb page that they're looking for "highly experienced climbers" or anyone with a search & rescue background because they got the word from Russia that it's a no-go for nine Guardsman lined up to search. I'm explaining how people can get verified (if they want) & contribute in this thread here on Websleuths since WS has such a wide, international reach & is always full of volunteers willing to help!
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229
    Bumping for Steven & hoping his loved ones can come in here with some facts that we can spread out to volunteers. I've seen Websleuths do some pretty good stuff!

    Hopefully Steven will be found safe & come home to his loved ones!
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,273
    FB page with updates on the search for Steven, his wife updates here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2450...?fref=mentions

    they were blue to get a helpcipoter up for awhile today. Some possible leads on people who saw him at them,iuntsin before he was missing.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    433
    There is a video on the Facebook page of the terrain... seeing all that snow makes me feel so hopeless. I am hoping and praying for happy outcome to this!

    Was there a specific trail he was on? He was spotted on the mountain on the 12th. I'm hoping that means they have at least a little idea of what part of the mountain he may be on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    FB page with updates on the search for Steven, his wife updates here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2450...?fref=mentions

    they were blue to get a helpcipoter up for awhile today. Some possible leads on people who saw him at them,iuntsin before he was missing.
    Re bold:
    quoting myself ... too late to edit. that should say "who saw him at THE MOUNTAIN before he went missing.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New York, United States
    Posts
    229
    Good question; I'll try to find out that information.
    *Missing Bambi Madden, 11 January 2006*
    *Binghamton, NY*


  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,770

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    4,186
    Bumping for Steve. Any updates?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IL IL - Chicago, missing mother, June 2017
    By cvaldez1975 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 11:30 AM
  2. Found Safe CO - Six kids missing in mountains, Park County, 25 June 2017
    By LisaCougar in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2017, 08:07 PM
  3. Colombia - Dutch tv team which traces missing people kidnapped, 17 June 2017
    By JanetElaine in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Tags for this Thread