1187 users online (209 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV - Kyle Morgan, 15, murdered, Wheeling, 16 June 2016

Mother of Deceased Moundsville Teen Seeks Justice During Wheeling Rally

Hawkins said officers told her the department is looking into possible suspects, some of whom are homeless. She added she was told DNA results from the case could be available by next week. Investigators could not be reached for comment.

“For one, I’d like them to get some more manpower in here. In a case like this, one detective should be assigned to that case and that case only. I’ve read reports say that detectives were just so busy with another murder, which I understand, but I’ve also seen they’ve been working on a bank robbery, which really upset me,” she said. “I’m not downing them by any means and I want to make that very clear. Detective Safreed is doing a great job, but the fact remains that they need that manpower.”
    As with all Intelligencer/News-Register articles: Do not read the comments. Yikes.

Details from August:

Police release new details on Kyle Morgan homicide case

According to Moundsville Police, Morgan had contacted another juvenile asking for a ride to a bus station in Wheeling in exchange for money and marijuana. They say that juvenile then asked his grandmother, Sharon Leach, to drive them to Wheeling, and Morgan was dropped off at the bus terminal on Main Street.

Additionally, officials found what they believe to be Morgan's cell phone over a hill near Leach's home.

Last edited by bluesneakers; 06-29-2017 at 06:59 PM.