876 users online (113 members and 763 guests)  

Websleuths News

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

Childhood/Early years

“When I look at myself in the first grade and I look at myself now, I’m basically the same,”

“The temperament is not that different.”

That is the first thing he has said that is true!!

His face crowned by a striking blond pompadour, young Donald commanded attention with his playground taunts, classroom
    disruptions and distinctive countenance,

Taller than his classmates, he exuded an easy confidence and independence.

“Who could forget him?” said Ann Trees, 82, who taught at Kew-Forest School, where Trump was a student through seventh grade. “He was headstrong ..... sit with his arms folded with this look on his face — I use the word surly — almost daring you to say one thing or another that wouldn’t settle with him.”

A fierce competitor, Trump could erupt in anger, pummeling another boy or smashing a baseball bat if he made an out, ....... In school, he misbehaved so often that his initials became his friends’ shorthand for detention.....................

His father Fred C. Trump’s success as a real estate developer paid for the private schools, limousines and 23-room house to which Donald and his four siblings grew accustomed. .......his father abruptly sent him to a military boarding school, where instructors struck him if he misbehaved and the requirements included daily inspections and strict *curfews.......................

“He was essentially banished from the family home,” .......all of a sudden he’s sent away. That’s a rough way to start out in life.”
    If nothing else, the military academy taught young Donald a lesson that would prove valuable in adulthood as he navigated two divorces, bankruptcy.............................

.......Trumps had a cook, a
    chauffeur and an intercom system. Their color television, a rarity at the time,
    “He had the most amazing train set,” recalled Golding, a lawyer in Portland, Ore. “He had all these special gadgets and gates and switches, more extensive than anything I’d seen. I was very envious.”

Donald is the fourth of Fred and Mary Trump’s five children, the first of whom, Fred Jr., a gregarious airline pilot, suffered from alcoholism and died at the age of 43. Maryanne Trump, Donald’s older sister, became a U.S. Appeals Court judge. Another sister, Elizabeth, was an administrative secretary. ...His younger brother, Robert, went into business.

Their mother, Mary, a Scottish immigrant, relished
    attention, thrusting herself to the center of social gatherings. She also loved pageantry, spending hours watching on television the 1953 coronation of Queen Elizabeth.

Mary Trump suffered a hemorrhage after Robert’s birth that forced doctors to perform an emergency hysterectomy. She also developed an abdominal infection that required several more surgeries, during which she nearly died...........

.............impression of his neighbor from his mother, who warned that he should “stay away from the Trumps.”

“Donald was known to be a bully, I was a little kid, and my parents didn’t want me beaten up,” said Burnham, 65, a business consultant in Texas.

Once when she left Dennis in a playpen in a back yard adjoining the Trumps’ property, Martha Burnham returned to find Donald throwing rocks at her son. “She saw Donald standing at the fence,” Dennis Burnham said, “using the playpen for target *practice..........

For kindergarten, Donald went to the private Kew-Forest School, which required skirts for girls and ties and blazers for boys. Everyone had to rise when their teacher entered the classroom........

..................who pulled girls’ hair, passed notes and talked out of turn. “We threw spitballs and we played racing chairs with our desks, crashing them into other desks,” recalled Paul
    Onish, a classmate, describing himself and Trump as “probably the two worst.”
    Donald spent enough time in detention, punishment “DTs” — short for “Donny Trump.”

said he once saw them jump off their bikes and beat up another boy.
    “ “He was a loudmouth bully.”

After he yanked her pigtails, Sharon Mazzarella hit Donald over the head with her metal lunch pail as she followed him down the stairs outside the school. “I must’ve been quite annoyed,” Mazzarella said of the incident, which she described as her only memory of Trump....

As a second-grader, he wrote, he “actually” gave his music teacher a black eye because “I didn’t think he knew anything about music, and I almost got expelled.”
    None of Trump’s childhood friends recall the incident hard.”

At a 2009 reunion, Kass said, the teacher, Charles Walker, told him that Trump had never struck him. ..........was considering a presidential bid.

“When that kid was 10,” Peter Walker recalled his father telling family members gathered at his bedside, “even then he was a little s---.”

If his grades suffered and he annoyed his teachers, Trump found success on the playground. ...........
    Trump’s best sport was baseball, a passion that inspired him, at 12, to write a prose poem that was published in the yearbook.
    “I like to hear the crowd give cheers, so loud and noisy to my ears,” Donald wrote. “When the score is 5-5, I feel like I could cry. And when they get another run, I feel like I could die. Then the catcher makes an error, not a bit like Yogi Berra. The game is over and we say tomorrow is another day.”

By sixth grade, Donald’s power as a right-handed hitter was enough that fielders shifted to left field when he batted. “If he had hit the ball to right, he could’ve had a home run because no one was there,” said Nicholas Kass, a schoolmate. “But he always wanted to hit the ball through people. He wanted to overpower them.”

.change. In the months before eighth grade, Fred Trump enrolled Donald at the New York Military Academy, a boarding school 70 miles from Jamaica Estates.

D’Antonio, the biographer who wrote “Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success,” said Fred Trump’s decision was “a very severe response to a kid who hadn’t gotten arrested and wasn’t involved in drinking and drugging. He was essentially a smart aleck.”
    “This was a profound rejection of Donald,” he said.
    Brant recalled. “I always said to myself, ‘Is there something I didn’t know about his past that would make his father send him to the military academy?’ ”

“The rug was pulled out from under him,” Sevin said.

more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.b37bdf1d220a

http://www.notablebiographies.com/St-Tr/Trump-Donald.html

Last edited by CARIIS; 06-22-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

google images