GUILTY CO - Heather 'Helena' Hoffman, 23, found slain, Fort Collins, 21 June 2017

ColoradoMomof3

Reaction score
FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A body found floating in a lake at City Park in Fort Collins was identified Friday and the death is being treated as suspicious, the Fort Collins Police Department said.

The Larimer County Coroner's Office said 23-year-old Heather "Helena" Hoffman of Fort Collins was found in Sheldon Lake on Wednesday night. The cause and manner of death are still pending.

Officers responded to the initial report just after 6 p.m. and found the body.

Hoffman worked at the McDonald's restaurant at West Elizabeth Street and City Park Avenue. She was last seen leaving work at 1 a.m. Wednesday when her shift ended.

Hoffmann lived near Shields Street and Laporte Avenue and typically walked home from work, police said.

She was found in the lake wearing a black polo shirt with a McDonald's logo, black pants, black boots and a black purse.

Anyone with information is asked to email or call police at 970-221-6575, or call Crime Stoppers of Larimer County at 970-221-6868.

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/23/body-found-floating-in-fort-collins-city-park-lake-identified/amp/

IMG_0738.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May you rest in peace Helena😔

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

It's that reported allegation of her "rough past" that seem to warrant more information before we can begin to investigate. IMO sounds like her purse was still perhaps wrapped in her arm/shoulder.

COD?

For some reason I am not getting a foul play vibe.

I'm not either but it was a short walk home and after work. And how did she end up in the water? Wondering if it was a hit and run? I don't know how close the water was to the road or the path she would have taken. COD will probably take several weeks.

Poor girl and I feel so sad for her family. I worry about my daughter getting home safe when she works late at Mcdonalds. RIP Helena.

I'm not either but it was a short walk home and after work. And how did she end up in the water? Wondering if it was a hit and run? I don't know how close the water was to the road or the path she would have taken. COD will probably take several weeks.

What was the weather like that night? Just thinking out loud.

What was the weather like that night? Just thinking out loud.

It was clear in my area, but just checked past weather to confirm, and in Ft Collins it was clear overnight, ranging between 60-70 degrees. So doesn't sound like weather was a factor.

The time she left makes me wonder about a hit and run because it's when people are leaving bars, potentially impaired.

Suspect arrested after woman’s body found floating in Fort Collins City Park*lake
http://kdvr.com/2017/06/29/suspect-arrested-for-fort-collins-city-park-lake-homicide/

"Jeffrey Etheridge was arrested Wednesday, police said.*He was booked into Larimer County Jail on a charge of first-degree murder. Sexual assault charges are also pending, police said."

Aww, poor girl, I had hoped she didn't endure any suffering.

Good job on LE's part in getting an arrest this quickly. What a sad situation. This is not something you expect in this town, wonder if he was passing through or a local.

Weeping for Heather....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Fort Collins City Park homicide suspect pleads guilty to murder

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2018/01/08/breaking-fort-collins-city-park-homicide-suspect-pleads-guilty-murder/1013017001/

A visibly distraught 28-year-old Jeffrey Etheridge pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of Heather "Helena" Hoffmann before a packed courtroom at the Larimer County Justice Center. His guilty plea was part of deal that dismissed the other charges against him and guaranteed he would not face the death penalty.

"I understand it's saving my life to take this plea," Etheridge told the court, noting that he understood prosecutors would have sought the death penalty in a trial against him. "A trial would not work in my favor because of certain things."

Her father, Steven Hoffmann, said her death thrust the family into a parent's worst nightmare.

"As you can see by the people here today, she was loved," he said. "(Etheridge) devastated our lives with his actions."

Zach Denton — with whom Heather Hoffmann had a daughter, Mary — said their 4-year-old daughter has been robbed of a normal childhood.

When Denton took Mary to meet Santa, she began to cry when he asked what she wanted for Christmas, Denton said. She said to Santa, "I've been a good girl all year. Can I have my mommy for Christmas?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back