What foreign faction?

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted here before, but I think it is a very good and non-biased analysis of the ransom note. This guy has been in federal law enforcement for 22 years, including work with the secret service as well as the US Marshal's office, and he has written a book on "Statement Analysis" which is basically a way of analyzing an individuals statements to determine their truthfulness.

I do not believe he was ever hired by either side of the investigation in the Ramsey case, so I think it is fair to say that he is simply offering his professional opinion. He may be trying to sell a few extra books with the analysis of a high-publicity case, but I think it would be his analysis as opposed to his conclusion that would generate sales (unless, of course, he came to some revolutionary conclusion). I do think that his answer to the crime is not necessarily as profound as is his analysis of the note. He does make a few leaps at the end of the analysis which are merely conjecture.

This should put to rest those of you who think an actual foreign faction was behind this crime...

The main website is http://www.statementanalysis.com.

The analysis of the Ramsey note is at http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/.

"One of the first things we notice is that this is a very long ransom note. Most ransom notes are short and to the point."

"What exactly does the writer mean by "group of individuals"?

"The use of the word "foreign" doesn't make sense."

"Are we to believe that JonBenet was kidnapped and then murdered because someone has a hatred for the United States?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This analysis itself should be a clue as to the foreign origin of the note. Here's an American that doesnt understand the meaning or use of terms in the note.

Its not unusual for people to not understand a foreigner's remarks made in the native language because usually words dont translate meanings exactly.

I would expect that if a foreigner wrote the ransom note, it would have unusual properties. The length is unusual, there are terms that are not readily understood, and there is quirky handwriting.

The analysis in fact supports the idea that a foreigner wrote the ransom note.

Voice of Reason said:
I haven't seen this posted here before, but I think it is a very good and non-biased analysis of the ransom note. This guy has been in federal law enforcement for 22 years, including work with the secret service as well as the US Marshal's office, and he has written a book on "Statement Analysis" which is basically a way of analyzing an individuals statements to determine their truthfulness.

I do not believe he was ever hired by either side of the investigation in the Ramsey case, so I think it is fair to say that he is simply offering his professional opinion. He may be trying to sell a few extra books with the analysis of a high-publicity case, but I think it would be his analysis as opposed to his conclusion that would generate sales (unless, of course, he came to some revolutionary conclusion). I do think that his answer to the crime is not necessarily as profound as is his analysis of the note. He does make a few leaps at the end of the analysis which are merely conjecture.

This should put to rest those of you who think an actual foreign faction was behind this crime...

The analysis of the Ramsey note is at http://www.statementanalysis.com/ramseynote/.

Great and very important link, Voice of Reason! Mark McClish also analyzed triple murderer Jeffrey MacDonald's damaging April 6th/1970 interview, which is why I knew his website.
Really everyone should read McClish's analysis of the ransom note!

Holdontoyourhat said:
"One of the first things we notice is that this is a very long ransom note. Most ransom notes are short and to the point."

"What exactly does the writer mean by "group of individuals"?

"The use of the word "foreign" doesn't make sense."

"Are we to believe that JonBenet was kidnapped and then murdered because someone has a hatred for the United States?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This analysis itself should be a clue as to the foreign origin of the note. Here's an American that doesnt understand the meaning or use of terms in the note.

Its not unusual for people to not understand a foreigner's remarks made in the native language because usually words dont translate meanings exactly.

I would expect that if a foreigner wrote the ransom note, it would have unusual properties. The length is unusual, there are terms that are not readily understood, and there is quirky handwriting.

The analysis in fact supports the idea that a foreigner wrote the ransom note.
It was written in English, by someone who had a good command of the English language. Writing a ransom note is writing a ransom note, no matter what language you use. Re-read the analysis, and this time keep an open mind. McClish knows what he's talking about.

Holdontoyourhat said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but just what are your qualifications for instantly dismissing the opinion of a well-trained and well-qualified analyst who does this for a living? If you wish to remain anonymous and not share your qualifications, I respect that, of course, but I think a former secret service agent and US Marshal knows what he's talking about. And I doubt his experience has been exclusively "American."

THanks for sharing links to analysis website. Great link, very, very, interesting reading!

Voice of Reason said:
You are entitled to your opinion, but just what are your qualifications for instantly dismissing the opinion of a well-trained and well-qualified analyst who does this for a living? If you wish to remain anonymous and not share your qualifications, I respect that, of course, but I think a former secret service agent and US Marshal knows what he's talking about. And I doubt his experience has been exclusively "American."

"So, the Ramsey supporters would have us believe that the Ramseys not only adopted the word "hence" they also adopted the phrase "and hence" and they also adopted the killer's writing style! Possible but not probable. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO this isn't an analysis at all. Use of the term "Ramsey supporters' is an indication that the entire composition has an underlying political motive directed as an argument against those who dont have the same POV. This makes it more an 'editorial' and less an 'analysis,' IMO.

Holdontoyourhat said:
IMO this isn't an analysis at all. Use of the term "Ramsey supporters' is an indication that the entire composition has an underlying political motive directed as an argument against those who dont have the same POV. This makes it more an 'editorial' and less an 'analysis,' IMO.

I don't agree. "Ramsey supporters" is an indication that his analysis runs contrary to those who staunchly protest Patsy's involvement in the writing of the note. But regardless, how about you answer my question?

Voice of Reason said:

Thanks Voice of Reason! That was very interesting!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back