1036 users online (159 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    IF you are having trouble with Websleuths being sluggish be sure and clean out your cache and make sure you don't have windows open on threads that have a hundred pages trying to load. Close all your Websleuths windows except one and that may help.

If Websleuths is sluggish at night that could be because of the work Dave is doing concerning switching the software. If this is the case the sluggishness will last a few hours at night then be back to normal.

If you get a pop-up advertisement please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the page you are on at the time of the pop-up

*Get the EXACT time. If it is 12:01 PM please don't say "12:00 PM"

*Your IP Address

*The name of your operating system.

*Browser name and version

*Name of the ad, is it AT&T, Facebook, If you can get a screen shot that would be good.

If you get a redirect ad please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the redirect

Hit your back button and copy the URL of the Websleuths page you were viewing at the time (if possible)

*Your IP Address

It is best if you send this information to me rather than post it here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com however, feel free to post the info on this thread if you want.

Again, my apologies for the delay.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Tricia, thank you so much for the reply. I promise to try to be more patient while waiting for the software upgrade (per the other thread, post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...3#post13456583 )

Just to know our problems are heard and hopefully will be worked on (and fixed) goes a long way to keeping us happy. Very much appreciate your replies today!!

Yay! New software is coming! Maybe by Fall. Thank you thank you
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

I had to leave for several hours and when I came back Dave worked a miracle!!!!

No more pop ups!!!! Thank you for working on the issues Dave.....thanks Tricia for putting all the info he needs in the first post...will do that next time!

Time to read! Have a good week end!

I don't know what y'all have done, but yesterday and today, so far,no pop ups. And my typing isn't delayed. Safari on iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    I don't know what y'all have done, but yesterday and today, so far,no pop ups. And my typing isn't delayed. Safari on iPad.

Same here! I have left the ads on WS all day and have not encountered a problem at all! Thank you to the powers they made this happen!!

(Do I need to hold my breath in case this miracle is just a fluke? )
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

I wanted to believe, but I'm still getting that dreaded Amazon gift card pop up.

I got a pop up from Amazon yesterday as soon as I made the post above. So far, none today.

https://promotiontown.com/?ff3b90477...db6968cb334709
    9:47 p.m.
    browser is chrome
    don't know how to find the name of my operating system, browser version, or i.p. addy
    not sure what a redirect is but the back button wouldn't work - had to close the page
    the ad is a Rogers survey

can we get instructions on how to find out our i.p., browser and operating system?

Not sure if I can blame WS, but this happened after clicking a linked article at a WS thread.

I got the dreaded winning pop up at 6:20 am ... URL for pop: http://ingmatic.com/show.php?c=walma...6&t=1498558709

Using IPadPro with Safari, iOS 10.3.2

I was reading the Jaydon Glomb thread, clicked the link in post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post13461238. That took me to http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news...en-in-bathroom.

While reading that page at kgun9 the pop up came.

I have no idea of the IP address for iPad .... ?

I did not have an ad-blocker working'' Java was enabled.

Any other info needed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Got a different pop up taking over my WS page this time. 10:13 am on my iPad
    I was on the Subscription list page from where I clicked to open the thread for Supporting Skibaboo ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...baboo-2/page24) and it jumped immediately to the ad.... Slot Machine. URL for the ad is http://us.b9yumhwo.top/walmart/slot....ations%20inc.#

Using Safari, IOS 10.3.2.

Attached Images Attached Images
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Me too Spellbound!
    At random times, I get that same "Congratulations your a winner!" pop-up, and it's a SO annoying, vibrates my phone until I close the window! Uhhgg! No backspacing works, I have to go to history and hit the last page I was on, sometimes that works but once in while it just redirects again...

I'll try to grab the info on it if it happens again. I have a Galaxy note 3. I do run ABP on my laptop, and I turn the Java off and only enable it as needed, so I'm not getting the redirects when I use that.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 06-28-2017 at 11:06 AM.

http://us.b9yumhwo.top/amz/amz.php?b...ations%20inc.#

7:12 pm. (EST). Galaxy note 3 cell phone. Happened as I clicked my profile, and again, at 7:15 as I clicked this thread...

I use Chrome browser, latest version. OS is lollipop ( Android vs. 5.0) have to check on IP...

The problem is getting worse. Btw..
    Last edited by Safeguard; 06-28-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Got a different pop up taking over my WS page this time. 10:13 am on my iPad
    I was on the Subscription list page from where I clicked to open the thread for Supporting Skibaboo ( http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...baboo-2/page24) and it jumped immediately to the ad.... Slot Machine. URL for the ad is http://us.b9yumhwo.top/walmart/slot....ations%20inc.#

Using Safari, IOS 10.3.2.

After two days of no pop ups I am now getting this one at random times.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Dave is unavailable at the moment. Until Dave is available try Googling "how do I find my IP address on my..." and fill in the name of what you are using.

Below is exactly what we need. If we don't get all this information from you then there is nothing we can do.

Again, I am very sorry this is happening.

If you get a pop-up advertisement please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the page you are on at the time of the pop-up

*Your IP Address

*Name of the ad, is it AT&T, Facebook, If you can get a screen shot that would be good.

If you get a redirect ad please do the following:

*Copy the URL of the redirect

Hit your back button and copy the URL of the Websleuths page you were viewing at the time (if possible)

*Your IP Address

It is best if you send this information to me rather than post it here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com however, feel free to post the info on this thread if you want.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I can't go back to edit, but this is my IP address on my iPad Pro: 10.0.0.5. It can be added to any of my previous posts here .. this is how I always come to WS (on iPad).
    Thank you TRICIA for the tip on how to find the IP address. I feel pretty dumb but for not thinking of a search. I found this:
    To find IP address on iPad: Select WiFi to open a list of currently available wireless networks. Locate the wireless network to which you are currently connected in the list, then tap on the blue circle with a white arrow that appears to the right of the network name. The IP Address field should be the first field listed under the DHCP tab.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Mar 21, 2014

[/COLOR]
    I had the "you won" ad again this morning but did not add it here.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast