1111 users online (229 members and 882 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    When I clicked "Thanks" on your post, I got redirected here:

http:/ /trc.adtechnacity.com/process?destination=1412377&campaign=671144&traffi c_source=296634&ad_group_id=8578&ad_id=557883&site _id=www%2Ewebsleuths%2Ecom&source=b1_imonomy&siomi d=z1557883b1_imonomy__www%2Ewebsleuths%2Ecom1z

I hope WS is making a lot of money from these, because it sure is annoying.
    Seen that address before as well. I have a hard time capturing that one because it does not stay long before I get the redirect. And, they show up despite being previously blocked which says that they are insidious. Thanks.
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

I keep getting a dialogue box that says "websleuths is not responding due to a long-running script".

When I click "stop script", it doesn't resolve the problem.

I can barely participate here anymore due to the page locking up because of the "long-running script" issue.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Knew redirect now.........
    http://www.wearekabinett.com/hubs/mu...sy_neg_sub_100

Macbook Air

IP address: 192.168.1.3

Tie 5:29 EDT

When I click the Thanks button the ad at the top of the page opens.How does this happen when I am not clicking anywhere near the ad. I have never had so many issues with a site like this one.Kelly Blue Book ad.
    Last edited by cuffem; 09-27-2017 at 03:51 AM.

https://www.motmag.com/home/2017/4/9...sy_neg_sub_100

11:07am

Macbook air

IP address: 192.168.1.2

And more

http://www.inpwrd.com/read?id=829668...a.cloudiiv.com

10:23

Chrome

Macbook air

IP 192.168.1.2

Why are there so many mini pop-up videos on the websleuths pages (on macbook pro, Safari browser)? There have to be at least 8 mini video ads running every time I go to the next page on a thread. I have to go to each video and click pause, but as soon as I scroll on the page they start up again. Activity monitor is sky high and fan is running at full speed like an airplane ready to take off. Eventually it shuts down the page because it is not responding. Very frustrating.

I can't go on websleuths on my iPhone at all because of the redirects, and now it is nearly impossible on my laptop. What is going on?

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Richmond,

First, I am very sorry you are having this trouble. It is very frustrating I know.

Are you using Tapatalk? If you are then the re-directs are coming from Tapatalk. I know when I use it on my phone it is awful. That's why I got rid of Tapatalk

We have found out that Apple products and vBulletin, the software we use now, are not very compatible. It is a vBulletin issue which is why we are switching software. Switching software takes a very long time but it will be worth it in the end. With the software switch, all of these issues should go away. I say should because I can't say for certain based on your problems only. I am not tech savvy enough to suggest what else might be going on with your computers. All I know is a good possibility it could be vBulletin.

We do not allow popups on our site at all. Popups from our advertisers are blocked. However, if you do get a pop up on Websleuths we can try and track it down if you follow the steps in the first post exactly. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-Sluggishness and we might be able to find out where it is coming from

.Again, my apologies.

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Why are there so many mini pop-up videos on the websleuths pages (on macbook pro, Safari browser)? There have to be at least 8 mini video ads running every time I go to the next page on a thread. I have to go to each video and click pause, but as soon as I scroll on the page they start up again. Activity monitor is sky high and fan is running at full speed like an airplane ready to take off. Eventually it shuts down the page because it is not responding. Very frustrating.

I can't go on websleuths on my iPhone at all because of the redirects, and now it is nearly impossible on my laptop. What is going on?
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I cant log in to WS on Ipad & Iphone.
    WS won't recognise my user name & login.

Any ideas guys?
    Everything is OK on the PC.
    JMHOO

Chemo a day keeps the funeral away
    ET go home

If I click on any page on Websleuths on my iPhone today I'm getting a redirect ad. Most recent was at 20.20 on the main menu.

Safari on iPhone (via Virgin broadband)

Most recent url I was redirected to is us.yodeling.178lp.xyz

Never had this issue on this site before. Disappears when I switch to using mobile data.

Edit: I did clear my browser history but that made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
    If I click on any page on Websleuths on my iPhone today I'm getting a redirect ad. Most recent was at 20.20 on the main menu.

Safari on iPhone (via Virgin broadband)

Most recent url I was redirected to is us.yodeling.178lp.xyz

Never had this issue on this site before. Disappears when I switch to using mobile data.

Edit: I did clear my browser history but that made no difference.
    Snap - have been getting the same, since last night, on my IPad. I also cleared my browser history but made no difference.
    I have no problem on my PC, just IPad.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of this are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyce View Post
    Snap - have been getting the same, since last night, on my IPad. I also cleared my browser history but made no difference.
    I have no problem on my PC, just IPad.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of this are welcomed.
    It stopped for me late last night. I assumed someone had stopped the rogue ad.

Edit: Bah, just tried again and it's back. Redirect this time is to us.synchronizations362xr.xyz

Quote Originally Posted by jiminy View Post
    It stopped for me late last night. I assumed someone had stopped the rogue ad.

Edit: Bah, just tried again and it's back. Redirect this time is to us.synchronizations362xr.xyz
    Yes, it's still going for me today, with different URLs....asked my OH to try as I thought it might be because I have WS pages bookmarked and he does not .....but nope, he is also getting the redirect.
    So irritating.

I often get the redirects when using my iphone or ipad.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast