1071 users online (173 members and 898 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I wanted to believe, but I'm still getting that dreaded Amazon gift card pop up.
    Me too. Repeatedly. .
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I still get the whole page ads "you won". Without my ad-block, I cannot use the site.

Maybe once we change ad-servers and update our forum it will all go away....?
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I still get the whole page ads "you won". Without my ad-block, I cannot use the site.

Maybe once we change ad-servers and update our forum it will all go away....?
    Im just glad I'm not the only one. But it's intense.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Im just glad I'm not the only one. But it's intense.
    No, you are not the only one.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Hella annoying. I'm getting the pop up you won ads several times a day. Is that still in the works to be fixed?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Chiming in "Congratulations Time Warner Cable Customer!
    Your Phone has been randomly selected to receive a $1000 Gift Card!" Congratulations, You're today's lucky visitor!! July 26 at 10:10pm (pst)
    http://54.83.183.202

This occurs frequently/daily when I use my IPad to access Websleuths. Does anyone know how to disable this or is there an ********* (free)?

Quote Originally Posted by Firrewhisper View Post
    Your Phone has been randomly selected to receive a $1000 Gift Card!" Congratulations, You're today's lucky visitor!! July 26 at 10:10pm (pst)

This occurs frequently/daily when I use my IPad to access Websleuths. Does anyone know how to disable this or is there an ********* (free)?
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Firrewhisper View Post

Me too, but it's only on my Android phone ..... happens sooo frequently-- everyday. I don't even bother trying anymore.

Dave, I know this is in the wrong place but I've already placed it on the Q and A thread - just wanted to be sure you saw it.

We've lost our hyperlink icon above Quick Reply. What we have at the moment is for links NOT hyperlinks. Could you please reinstate it. We can always copy and paste links but there's no way at all of adding a hyperlink. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy023 View Post
    Me too, but it's only on my Android phone ..... happens sooo frequently-- everyday. I don't even bother trying anymore.
    I constantly get the ads, too, on my Ipad. It only happens when accessing WS.

This is happening so often that it's making WS basically inaccessible for me. It's happening on my phone, and it's not a problem on any other websites, just WS. I will follow the posted instructions next time it happens but is this going to be fixed any time soon? It's been an issue for me for months but the past week or so it's gotten 20x worse.

Firefox keeps telling me this site isn't secure and some certificate is out of date... anyone else getting that notice?
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    Firefox keeps telling me this site isn't secure and some certificate is out of date... anyone else getting that notice?
    Happens to a lot of people at times. tricia addressed this a long time ago, but I can't recall what she said other than "WS is safe".
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Cleared my cache. This is happening to me all the time, with more sluggishness and redirects each day. Tried blocking the KBB site. No avail. It is making my computer over heat at this point--- according to the fan and the activity monitor. Websleuths is the only site where this happens. Disabled Flash and cleaned out as much as I can.

https://www.kbb.com/subaru/legacy/20...ys4d8jkaqgw11b

Copy the URL of the page you are on at the time of the pop-up

12:25 am

Mac OS Sierra

*Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113

Kelley Blue book.
    Last edited by kaen; 09-17-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

Quote Originally Posted by kaen View Post
    Cleared my cache. This is happening to me all the time, with more sluggishness and redirects each day. Tried blocking the KBB site. No avail. It is making my computer over heat at this point--- according to the fan and the activity monitor. Websleuths is the only site where this happens. Disabled Flash and cleaned out as much as I can.

https://www.kbb.com/subaru/legacy/20...ys4d8jkaqgw11b

Copy the URL of the page you are on at the time of the pop-up

12:25 am

Mac OS Sierra

*Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113

Kelley Blue book.
    When I clicked "Thanks" on your post, I got redirected here:

http:/ /trc.adtechnacity.com/process?destination=1412377&campaign=671144&traffi c_source=296634&ad_group_id=8578&ad_id=557883&site _id=www%2Ewebsleuths%2Ecom&source=b1_imonomy&siomi d=z1557883b1_imonomy__www%2Ewebsleuths%2Ecom1z

I hope WS is making a lot of money from these, because it sure is annoying.
    Last edited by FinallyRegistered; 09-17-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast