793 users online (99 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Tonight ABC's In an Instant.

http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...t-lake-library

Tonight (Saturday, June 24th) under the banner of ABC's 20/20 is the show 'In an Instant"
    It's the true story of a heroic sheriff's deputy, Lloyd Prescott, who saved hostages taken by a man in the Salt Lake City Library.

I was humbled to be included in this show. The hostage taker called the radio station where I worked. The hostage taker did talk to 2 people on our talk radio am station too. It is kind of complicated.

I did manage to get Websleuths mentioned in the interview a few times but only when describing what I do today. Hoping ABC left in the Websleuths mentions.

Tonight 10 PM Eastern.

Sorry, wasn't sure where to put this. If it is against Terms of Service I will ban myself for life.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    Last edited by Tricia; 06-24-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Wait until after the reviews are in, then decide.

9 PM Eastern, Tricia. You're on right now.

Sorry I was told 10 pm Eastern. It's on 8 pm my time and that always means 10 pm eastern. My bad
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Oh no! But it's two hours, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Oh no! But it's two hours, right?
    Yes, two hours.

Yes it is two hours

Wow Tricia. This is horrifying.

That wasn't me that hung up on the hostage. That was a part time person. She called me and went in the studio and hoped he called again.

Why is this so familiar? Was it done on another show, or did a TV crime show base an episode on it?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Why is this so familiar? Was it done on another show, or did a TV crime show base an episode on it?
    Yes. It has been done several times. Lloyd Prescott was awarded Policeperson of the Year in the U.S. America's Most Wanted dedicated a whole show to the story. I played myself. I SUCK as an actress. Also did a reenactment on the show Rescue 911. It was all over the national news when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Yes. It has been done several times. Lloyd Prescott was awarded Policeperson of the Year in the U.S. America's Most Wanted dedicated a whole show to the story. I played myself. I SUCK as an actress. Also did a reenactment on the show Rescue 911. It was all over the national news when it happened.
    That's probably what I remember it from. I'll track down the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    That wasn't me that hung up on the hostage. That was a part time person. She called me and went in the studio and hoped he called again.
    I had to show on but had no idea it was you until I looked up and saw your name. Were the clips that they played of you communicating with him re-enactments or were they the actual clips? If they were the actual clips, it sounded like you were relating to him much better than anyone else to whom he spoke. Everyone else he spoke to seemed to just get him more riled up. LE should have picked up on that and perhaps asked you to help negotiate with him.

Everything was a reenactment. However it was as close to the real thing as you could possibly get. I used to have an old reel to reel tape of the calls but it was lost when we moved. The actual tape was uses in the America's Most Wanted and Rescue 911but those shows got the tape from me. The producers of last night's show really wanted that tape but it is nowhere to be found. Thank you for your kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    I had to show on but had no idea it was you until I looked up and saw your name. Were the clips that they played of you communicating with him re-enactments or were they the actual clips? If they were the actual clips, it sounded like you were relating to him much better than anyone else to whom he spoke. Everyone else he spoke to seemed to just get him more riled up. LE should have picked up on that and perhaps asked you to help negotiate with him.

You were great on the show, Tricia.

And you were definitely a hero in that whole situation, too. It could have had a very different ending had you not handled his calls the way that you did.

You're mentioned in this article that was published a few days ago regarding the show:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5419706-1...t-lake-library

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast