Tonight ABC's In an Instant.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/5419706-155/scott-d-pierce-salt-lake-library

Tonight (Saturday, June 24th) under the banner of ABC's 20/20 is the show 'In an Instant"
It's the true story of a heroic sheriff's deputy, Lloyd Prescott, who saved hostages taken by a man in the Salt Lake City Library.

I was humbled to be included in this show. The hostage taker called the radio station where I worked. The hostage taker did talk to 2 people on our talk radio am station too. It is kind of complicated.

I did manage to get Websleuths mentioned in the interview a few times but only when describing what I do today. Hoping ABC left in the Websleuths mentions.

Tonight 10 PM Eastern.

Sorry, wasn't sure where to put this. If it is against Terms of Service I will ban myself for life.

Thanks,
Tricia

Sorry I was told 10 pm Eastern. It's on 8 pm my time and that always means 10 pm eastern. My bad

Yes it is two hours

That wasn't me that hung up on the hostage. That was a part time person. She called me and went in the studio and hoped he called again.

Why is this so familiar? Was it done on another show, or did a TV crime show base an episode on it?

Why is this so familiar? Was it done on another show, or did a TV crime show base an episode on it?

Yes. It has been done several times. Lloyd Prescott was awarded Policeperson of the Year in the U.S. America's Most Wanted dedicated a whole show to the story. I played myself. I SUCK as an actress. Also did a reenactment on the show Rescue 911. It was all over the national news when it happened.

Yes. It has been done several times. Lloyd Prescott was awarded Policeperson of the Year in the U.S. America's Most Wanted dedicated a whole show to the story. I played myself. I SUCK as an actress. Also did a reenactment on the show Rescue 911. It was all over the national news when it happened.

That's probably what I remember it from. I'll track down the episode. :)

That wasn't me that hung up on the hostage. That was a part time person. She called me and went in the studio and hoped he called again.

I had to show on but had no idea it was you until I looked up and saw your name. Were the clips that they played of you communicating with him re-enactments or were they the actual clips? If they were the actual clips, it sounded like you were relating to him much better than anyone else to whom he spoke. Everyone else he spoke to seemed to just get him more riled up. LE should have picked up on that and perhaps asked you to help negotiate with him.

Everything was a reenactment. However it was as close to the real thing as you could possibly get. I used to have an old reel to reel tape of the calls but it was lost when we moved. The actual tape was uses in the America's Most Wanted and Rescue 911but those shows got the tape from me. The producers of last night's show really wanted that tape but it is nowhere to be found. Thank you for your kind comments.

I had to show on but had no idea it was you until I looked up and saw your name. Were the clips that they played of you communicating with him re-enactments or were they the actual clips? If they were the actual clips, it sounded like you were relating to him much better than anyone else to whom he spoke. Everyone else he spoke to seemed to just get him more riled up. LE should have picked up on that and perhaps asked you to help negotiate with him.

Tricia, Is this event what lead you to crime sleuthing? I like your bee's and you are so natural at interviews, the radio show and your background helps I bet.

I believe God put you and the officer and librarian in place to help those people survive, good job!

I am an actor on the new Bank Robbery Episode :)

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I'm watching this right now! The minute I heard your voice I knew I'd heard it somewhere! Crazy. I have combed the threads to see if this was posted somewhere. I'm still watching. Love to put a face with the name and voice. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back