CA - Jaycee Dugard, 11, South Lake Tahoe, 10 June 1991 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiegran

Reaction score
Jaycee was last seen walking to the bus stop at 8:15 a.m. A two-tone gray, late-model sedan with 2 people inside, was seen making a U-turn on the same street where the child was walking. One person in the car was described as a 30 yr. old female with long, dark hair. The female grabbed the child and pulled her into the vehicle. The child was last seen wearing a pink wind breaker, a white T-shirt, pink stretch pants and white sneakers.http://www.childseeknetwork.com/?archive=867
Does anyone know anything about this little girl? It was the stepfather who reported she was kidnapped .I have searched and cant find much information about whether they checked him right out.

Thanks CODIS I see this is your first post ,Welcome to posting .:dance:

The thread gives a lot more details about Jaycee .

Dugard was last seen walking to her school bus stop on Washoan Boulevard in her hometown of South Lake Tahoe, California on June 10, 1991. A gray two-tone 1980 mid-sized Ford or Mercury sedan, possibly a Ford Grenada, Mercury Monarch or Mercury Zephyr, made a u-turn on the street where Dugard was walking between 8:05 and 8:15 a.m. An unidentified man and woman were inside the vehicle. The woman grabbed Dugard and forced her inside the car, then the vehicle sped from the scene.
Dugard's stepfather heard her scream and witnessed the abduction from inside their house and proceeded to chase the vehicle while riding a bicycle, but the suspects were able to escape. Dugard has never been seen or heard from again. She was only about 150 yards away from her home when she was abducted.
Sketches of the female suspect in Dugard's abduction are posted below this case summary, along with a sketch of the vehicle. The woman is described as having long black hair and a dark complexion. The suspect was approximately 32 years old in 1991 and stood five feet, five inches tall.
Investigators believe Dugard may have been taken across the state line into Nevada after her abduction. There was also a sighting of her in Fallen Leaf, California, about three miles from where she was taken. Dugard's biological father was quickly ruled out as a suspect; at the time of her abduction, he did not even know where she was living.
James Anthony Daveggio has been considered as a possible suspect in Dugard's abduction since the early 1990s. He and his former girlfriend, Michelle Lyn Michaud, were charged with the 1997 abduction, rape and murder of Vanessa Swanson. Swanson's remains were discovered approximately five miles from the site of Dugard's 1991 abduction. Photos of Daveggio and Michaud are posted below this case summary. They were also charged with additional counts of sexual assault in unrelated cases in the mid-1990s. Michaud claims that she met Daveggio in 1996 and therefore was not involved in Dugard's abduction. There are striking similarities between Michaud and the female suspect in Dugard's case. However, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has created a timeline tracing Michaud and Daveggio's whereabouts over the 1980s and 1990s and they say the pair could not have abducted Dugard.
Daveggio is also considered a possible suspect in the disappearances of Amber Swartz-Garcia, Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff. Neither he nor Michaud has been charged in connection with any of the disappearances.
A defrocked priest named Stephen Kiesle became a suspect in Dugard's abduction in mid-2002. He was suspected because has since been arrested and charged with molesting three girls at the Santa Paula Catholic Church in Fremont, where he worked from 1968 to 1971. Kiesle did not know Dugard and denies any involvement in her case. Police searched his yard three times, using cadaver-sniffing dogs, radar, and a backhoe. They were looking not only for evidence in Dugard's disappearance but also evidence in the 1989 kidnapping of Amber Swartz-Garcia. They found no clues pertaining to either case and the searches concluded in July 2002.
Authorities have also investigated the possibility that Brian David Mitchell and his wife, Wanda Barzee, abducted Dugard. Photographs of Mitchell and Barzee are posted below this case summary. They are charged with the abduction and sexual assault of fourteen-year-old Elizabeth Smart of Salt Lake City, Utah. Smart was kidnapped from her bedroom in June 2002 and held captive for nine months before being rescued in March 2003. Mitchell, also known as David Emmanuel Isiah, has bizarre religious beliefs and reportedly thought God told him to make Smart his wife.
The police are investigating similarities between Smart's and Dugard's cases. The two victims physically resemble each other, and Dugard's stepfather says Barzee resembles the woman he saw abduct Dugard. Mitchell and Barzee have not been charged in connection to Dugard's abduction, however, and authorities are not certain if either was involved.
Dugard remains missing. Pink was her favorite color at the time she disappeared.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There is a big similarity to the Barzee woman and the scetch the stepfather made.

Aussiegran,

Thanx for the welcome, I've posted here before though. Although not as often as I'd like to being that work has been a bit on the up.

Hope to post more in the near future.

The bottom line is that LE has no idea what happened to this girl. She does look a lot like Elizabeth Smart did when she was kidnapped. Such a pretty little girl. There sure is a list of little girls that are missing in the above article.
I wonder if any of them will ever be found. Their poor parents having to live with the not knowing.

Jaycee Lee Dugard
Missing since: June 10, 1991 from South Lake Tahoe, California​
Classification: Non-Family Abduction​
Date of Birth: May 3, 1980​
Age at time of disappearance: 11​
Height: 4'6"​
Weight: approx. 80lbs​
Race: White/Caucasian​
Hair Color: Blonde​
Eye Color: Blue​
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Dugard had a gap between her upper front teeth at the time of her 1991 disappearance. She has a chicken pox scar between her eyes, a brown butterfly-shaped birthmark on her right arm below her elbow, and moles on her back.
Clothing: Jaycee was last seen wearing a pink wind breaker, a white T-shirt, pink stretch pants and white sneakers.​

Details of Abduction: Jaycee was last seen walking to the bus stop at 8:15 a.m. less than 150 yards from her home when a two-tone gray, late-model sedan with 2 people inside, one man and one woman, made a U-turn and pulled up next to Jaycee. A 30 yr. old female with long dark hair grabbed the child and pulled her into the vehicle. The abduction was witnessed by 3 neighbors including her father, one of whom was riding a bicycle at the time and tried chasing the car, but could not keep up. Dugard has never been seen or heard from again​

Details and photos (including age progression) here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dugard_jaycee.html

Yes there is a huge similarity between Elizabeth and Jaycee.

I stumbled across this webpage whilst looking up fresh info about the case and its a new theory that Jaycee was sold into child prostitution by family members. Not saying I agree with this at all but it is just somebodys view thats all.

Here are the details:

www.rueskitchen.com/index.php/weblog2/2004/12

Was the stepfather cleared? It sounds like he was the only witness to this couple grabbing Jaycee. Is it Jaycee's father that murdered a little girl and that is suspected of murdering others? I'm kind of confused I think.

A long time for Jaycee to be missing. I wish she would just show up like Elizabeth Smart did.

Do you have any more info on what you said about Jaycees father/murder etc, please?

missacorah said:
Do you have any more info on what you said about Jaycees father/murder etc, please?

I don't think it was her stepfather or her father that murdered a little girl. That whole article kind of ran together and was confusing.

It's strange but I saw a story just like this one on one of the stations that show shows like forensic files, etc. The little girl was walking to her bus stop down the driveway from her house and her dad or stepdad saw her being pulled into a car by a woman. The car took off and he jumped on a bike and went after them. The car went over a hill in the road and by the time the dad got to the top of the hill the car was gone. I wonder if it was the story about this little girl OR if her stepdad saw the same story that I did and got an idea.

The story you are describing is exactly what happened with Jaycee so I think it must have been about her. Even a lot of fictional crime shows are "ripped from the headlines." They're doing a movie on the Nicholas Markowitz murder, for example, I saw the previews and it looked like all they changed were the names.

I have been interested in this case since it happened since I live near where it happened.
Somethings that do not make sense to me are this:

I know about where she was taken from. highway 50 in south lake tahoe??That is a long stretch of highway with very few ways to turn off. Why did the stepfather get on his bike? did he honestly think he could catch a speeding car on bike? that doesn't make sense to me. Did he not have a car? If he had a phone, he could've easily called LE and the highway could've easily been blocked in both directions. Also, the other highway behind (88) could've been easily blocked as well. Something does not add up.

I don't know about the phone issue, but

A) They may not have had a car
B) It takes much less time to jump on a bike and start pedaling than it does to get in a car, shut the door, put the key in the ignition and turn, get into gear, back out of the garage/driveway...

mooner123 said:
Why did the stepfather get on his bike? did he honestly think he could catch a speeding car on bike? that doesn't make sense to me. Did he not have a car? If he had a phone, he could've easily called LE and the highway could've easily been blocked in both directions. Also, the other highway behind (88) could've been easily blocked as well. Something does not add up.
Honestly-I doubt he thought that much about it-I'm guessing it was a split second reaction to grab the bike and try to catch up to them. We don't always do the logical thing when we have to think fast. Kind of like the other day when I dropped a kitchen knife and instead of letting it fall to the floor I tried to catch it and ended up cutting my hand pretty badly. Given a few more seconds to think about it I would have let it drop but my split second reaction was to grab it.

The couple that the stepdad described and they did the drawings on are in prison now aren't they? From what I gather they kidnapped and murdered a little girl or two in 1997...that should have put them away for a long time. If they are in with LWOP and if they kidnapped this little girl then I wish they would just say so. It's just sad that this little girl has never been found.

Bobbisangel said:
The couple that the stepdad described and they did the drawings on are in prison now aren't they? From what I gather they kidnapped and murdered a little girl or two in 1997...that should have put them away for a long time. If they are in with LWOP and if they kidnapped this little girl then I wish they would just say so. It's just sad that this little girl has never been found.
I'm fairly certain, but not positive that Daveggio and Michaud are convicted and in prison for the rape and murder of Vanessa Sampson. They kidnapped her not far from where I live and are prime suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Misheloff.

It has not been verified that they were the ones that kidnapped Jaycee, though. I mean, there's a good chance, but it's not proven by any means. I've seen people with more evidence against them than that, who turned out to be innocent.

meggilyweggily said:
It has not been verified that they were the ones that kidnapped Jaycee, though. I mean, there's a good chance, but it's not proven by any means. I've seen people with more evidence against them than that, who turned out to be innocent.
Meggily, do you know how to find out if they are imprisoned? Just curious. I'd feel so much better knowing they were off the streets.

meggilyweggily said:
According to articles I found on Newslibrary, both of them were sentenced to death in 2002. So they're on death row.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Couldn't happen to a nicer pair of pigs!:behindbar Now if only they'd confess what happened to Ilene Mischeloff. She disappeared the next town over from Vanessa Sampson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah