Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltexans

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A 14-year-old from Bedford last seen walking her dog disappeared Monday night, Bedford police say.

Kaytlynn's mother said her daughter went missing around 6:30 p.m. while walking the dog around the Oak Creek Apartments in Bedford.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/bed...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1497989540

kaytlynn-cargill.jpg

The body of a girl found in Arlington’s landfill Wednesday is that of a 14-year-old Bedford girl, Kaytlynn Cargill, who was reported missing Monday.

https://arlingtonvoice.com/arlingto...found-arlington-landfill-missing-bedford-girl

Previous Thread - #1

her being randomly snatched is far down my list. Did she have a meet up planned, a quick rendezvous? She knew she only had 30 minutes. Her phone messages should have lead to an arrest by now if that were the case. No one has mentioned her having a phone and iirc the parents didn't say they called her up but called her friends. So, a landline at home? I hope cops checked all recent numbers in and out. I hope all items around her discovery spot were analyzed to back track to a pickup location. If the surrounding refuse is from near the dog walk then it would most likely be a nearby resident. If she was placed at the dump that says local to me also. Hope there's a press conference soon.

The picture is explained on the "Tribute Wall."

<modsnip> On the obituary-memorial page there are two photos of Kaytlynn. The first is a professional photo of her from softball. Click the next picture and it appears to be very recent, from the High School? <modsnip>http://www.lucasfuneralhomes.com/ob...00000000/4e327a2c-df71-4b7f-a94b-a13c9c51467a

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Bringing over from thread #1

There are more opportunities for expanding her education over the summer not just b/c she would need help. Also for some reason even kids who do well in school screw up the STAAR test and then have to take a class over the summer. Daughter's best friend had straight As all yr and bombed that STAAR test so she had to go to summer school for a few weeks but then again that should have been over with b/c I pretty sure everyone should have retaken the test by now.

Pretty sure it was addressed (Im still having issues with the page not scrolling to the top in the other thread. no issues so far here). In HEB Elementary is PreK-6 Junior High is 7-9 and High is 10-12.

What is HEB? TIA.

The obituary is so very brief. Do you suppose that is because the family is staying very private (understandable) or because they have been advised by police/lawyers not to provide any additional information of any sort publicly--either for their own safety or for the good of the investigation?

--Jamie

The obituary is so very brief. Do you suppose that is because the family is staying very private (understandable) or because they have been advised by police/lawyers not to provide any additional information of any sort publicly--either for their own safety or for the good of the investigation?

--Jamie

I wonder the same.

--Jamie

I'm sure the police want to keep things as quiet as possible. JMO, but I think they will stake out both the visitation tomorrow night at the funeral home & also the funeral at the church on Tuesday. Of course we don't know what LE knows. Since visitation is tomorrow night & funeral on Tuesday,I'm sure the coroner has released her body which also means that both the coroner & police know the cause of death. For whatever reason/reasons they are not ready to make it public. JMO

I'm sure the police want to keep things as quiet as possible. JMO, but I think they will stake out both the visitation tomorrow night at the funeral home & also the funeral at the church on Tuesday. Of course we don't know what LE knows. Since visitation is tomorrow night & funeral on Tuesday,I'm sure the coroner has released her body which also means that both the coroner & police know the cause of death. For whatever reason/reasons they are not ready to make it public. JMO
I thought it was pretty quick that the body was released to the family. I don't know how that works though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I say nuts to this amber alert criteria. The mother was scared, the girl was only 14 and missing! They need to change that "criteria". <modsnip>

I don't think releasing her body, if they have, means that cause of death has been established. They would have taken samples for any further testing, etc...
In my mind, there is no reason for LE to hold back manner of death if they know for certain this is a homicide.

I say nuts to this amber alert criteria. The mother was scared, the girl was only 14 and missing! They need to change that "criteria". <modsnip>.
Look up the statistics on kids who are missing and then return shortly after. If you Google, I bet you will find tons of discussions on what the Amber Alert criteria should be... but the general idea is for drivers to BOLO a known vehicle with an identified license plate, that the police have evidence of abduction. If there were an amber alert for every missing kid, it would be info overload and people wouldn't pay attention. Kind of like the terror alert level colors.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Look up the statistics on kids who are missing and then return shortly after. If you Google, I bet you will find tons of discussions on what the Amber Alert criteria should be... but the general idea is for drivers to BOLO a known vehicle with an identified license plate, that the police have evidence of abduction. If there were an amber alert for every missing kid, it would be info overload and people wouldn't pay attention. Kind of like the terror alert level colors.

I agree. That said, I do wish there was a way to get missing child alerts out to local media sooner with a greater sense of urgency. Maybe a PSA versus a new outlet deciding whether or not to air it.

Well, exactly. Vast majority of kids who go missing for a few hours are out with friends and such. If you are going to issue Amber alerts in every such case then Amber alerts would become meaningless because nobody will pay attention to them. It doesn't seem that they had anything going in KC's case for Amber alert to have any meaning. Nobody saw her abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member