810 users online (110 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovewings View Post
    Despite all of his proven lies, his cult followers remain loyal to him. It is totally absolutely beyond me especially since my husband is one of those people-
    Oh dear. Very sorry for you. How does that work?

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    During the campaign Trump said he wouldn't cut medicaid, so I'm wondering if the Republican healthcare bill passes and his base loses coverage will they finally turn against him?
    Trump's troops get their news via Twitter. He won't tell them, so they won't know it until it bites them in the butt

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Trump's troops get their news via Twitter. He won't tell them, so they won't know it until it bites them in the butt
    And then he'll blame Obama and they'll froth at the mouth at the wrong person yet again.

Ilovewings,

I totally understand. My husband not only voted for Trump but STILL thinks he is awesome. Unreal. Shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    During the campaign Trump said he wouldn't cut medicaid, so I'm wondering if the Republican healthcare bill passes and his base loses coverage will they finally turn against him?
    I know some folks - if trumpita cuts their medicare, they will blame the Mexicans, not trump.

Bow down to the boy king who can do no wrong and kiss his ring.

It truly is a cult imo too

Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    I know some folks - if trumpita cuts their medicare, they will blame the Mexicans, not trump.

Bow down to the boy king who can do no wrong and kiss his ring.

It truly is a cult imo too
    It's true. It won't be 45's fault, they believe it'll be "the illegals" who are taking away their care. It's unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by pspence View Post
    I totally understand. My husband not only voted for Trump but STILL thinks he is awesome. Unreal. Shocking to me.
    Oh dear god. Bless your heart.

My bf comes home and says, "guess what stupid embarrassing **** trump did today>"

Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Oh dear god. Bless your heart.

My bf comes home and says, "guess what stupid embarrassing **** trump did today>"
    We don't have a written rule or anything, but it's become clear I shouldn't mention Trump unless something important has happened. Which is basically never. So glad y'all are here.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump team lacks a straight story on Russia

TRUMP: “So, we’ve achieved a historic increase in defense spending.” — Iowa speech.

THE FACTS: He hasn’t. He is proposing a large increase but Congress is still debating — and is nowhere near deciding on — more money for defense for 2018.

All that’s been achieved is a $25 billion increase for this year and there’s nothing remotely historic about that. The Pentagon has received annual budget increases equal to or greater than $25 billion seven times in the past 15 years alone.
    TRUMP: “You see what we’ve already done. Homebuilders are starting to build again. We’re not confiscating their land with ridiculous rules and regulations that don’t make sense.” — Iowa speech.

THE FACTS: Housing starts as tracked by the Census Bureau have actually fallen over the past three months. Trump seems a bit mixed up on deregulation. Some of the biggest constraints on homebuilders come from local governments, rather than federal rules.
    TRUMP: “Since I was elected, illegal border crossings — and this is without the wall, before the wall — have decreased by more than 75 percent, a historic and unprecedented achievement.” — Iowa speech.

THE FACTS: That’s overblown, according to government figures about the Mexico border. The decrease in his first four full months in office is about 59 percent, still substantial but not more than 75 percent.

More than 56,600 foreigners have been caught crossing from Mexico illegally between February and May, down from 137,800 people in the same period during President Barack Obama’s last year in office.
    TRUMP: “You have a gang called MS-13. ... They do things that nobody can believe. These are true animals. We are moving them out of the country by the thousands, by the thousands. ... We’re getting them out, MS-13.” — Iowa speech.

THE FACTS: There is no publicly available evidence to support this claim about the violent gang. In recent weeks, federal authorities have arrested hundreds of suspected MS-13 gang members. Many of those arrested have been identified by the government as immigrants, but it is unclear if they have yet been deported. Any suspected gang members who are U.S. citizens cannot be kicked out of the country. The gang was formed decades ago in Los Angeles and has spread.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    snip

Trump is a chilling combination of narcissist and sociopath.
    I really, truly suspect you are right about this.

To have a leader this unwell is one thing but for him to have ardent followers is another. I am blown away on top of being blown away.

I am betting Trump doesn't see his lies as lies. He just says whatever seems expedient to him in the moment. Nothing has to add up. It just has to make him feel good or better right now.
    Always remembering Liz ~

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/the-...ings-analysis/

President Donald Trump’s long list of
    lies since taking office has been chronicledby the New York Times in a new list that shows the claim and the fact. Other than the lies themselves, one thing seems consistent: Trump lies most about the size of things.

Since his inauguration on Jan. 20, Trump has been caught in a lie 99 times. Of those 99 lies, 53 of them involve inflating the size of a crowd, money saved or spent or even failures by Democrats.

"At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

inflating the size of a crowd
    Of all the dumb, pathetic things to lie about. This sums up his insecurities nicely.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/u...pgtype=article
    POLITICS
    Many Politicians Lie. But Trump Has Elevated the Art of Fabrication.
    AUG. 7, 2017

WASHINGTON — Whit Ayres, a Republican political consultant here, likes to tell his clients that there are “three keys to credibility.”

“One, never defend the indefensible,” he says. “Two, never deny the undeniable. And No. 3 is: Never lie.”

Would that politicians took his advice.

Fabrications have long been a part of American politics. Politicians lie to puff themselves up, to burnish their résumés and to cover up misdeeds, including sexual affairs. (See: Bill Clinton.) Sometimes they cite false information for what they believe are justifiable policy reasons. (See: Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam.)

But President Trump, historians and consultants in both political parties agree, appears to have taken what the writer Hannah Arendt once called “the conflict between truth and politics” to an entirely new level.
    […]
    In a controlled experiment, researchers showed a group of voters a misleading claim by Mr. Trump, while another group saw that claim accompanied by “corrective information” that directly contradicted what Mr. Trump had said. The group that viewed the corrections believed the new information, but seeing it did not change how they viewed Mr. Trump.
    […]

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    4h
    I think Senator Blumenthal should take a nice long vacation in Vietnam, where he lied about his service, so he can at least say he was there

Liar?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2630860

After Blumenthal's appearance, Trump fired off a several tweets criticizing the Connecticut senator for saying he served in Vietnam when, in fact, he never did. Instead, Blumenthal received five military deferments.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast