1695 users online (342 members and 1353 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I disagree with the broad characterization of VA care as "substandard". While many of us have found the bureaucracy side of the VA to be less than sterling, in terms of actual medical care what I have witnessed close hand was second to none. (I worked there.) Actually I considered the nursing care to be better in the VA hospital than in the private hospitals.

The son of a good friend received outstanding psychiatric care at a VA facility.

And yes, the VA has been outsourcing specialty procedures - such as organ transplants - since at least 1995.

Much of tea time's uncredited post appears to be a direct rehash of an error filled "list of Trump's achievements" that has been making it's way around the right wing sites for some time now.

Total cost for 2 Boeing airfare one planes 3.2. Not all of that even goes to Boeing there are many 3rd party companies that contribute to parts technology etc...

I can't find anywhere this has been renegotiated at all. In the link you will find the actual pdf for the cost analysis prior to Trumps 4 billion tweet...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fact-...ry?id=44033643

10 of the last 16 years boarder apprehensions have decreased. So this has been a trend!

And because I can admit things under Trump they have decreased quite a bit however no WH reply on how they got 78% figure.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...-%20FY2016.pdf

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/07/trumps-border-boast/

Paris Agreement...

I can only find where Trump said it would cost 3 trillion in lost US economy not some climate deniers blog for the 100 trillion. Would need some links to verify this info.

Yes - Trump is a liar. We've all known that for awhile. If his lips are moving, he's lying.

While we shouldn't turn a deaf ear to his predictable daily lies, I think that we should also now focus on events that are about to drastically impact all our lives in a very detrimental way.

Sinclair Broadcast Group is poised to acquire Tribune Media Group, which will give Sinclair Group ownership of 72% of local broadcast stations nationwide.

Sinclair Broadcast Group is not a friend to a free press.

For more info, please read the following article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...pansion-241337
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

One of the pipeline (haven't check the other) is for the importation of oil not exportation...

https://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2017/03/269074.htm

Jobs did go up however they've been trending up over the last 72 months...

From the bureau of labor and statistics...

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

I'm tired someone else can factcheck if they so choose. I have acknowledged so far where I think Trump is factual where I can prove it. I've skipped over some points on his website because I would need to do more research but actually I've pooped out.

There are some really intelligent folks out there and they know where to find answers regardless of what side they lean if they really want the truths.
    Last edited by LaneGirl; 08-08-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Thankfully in today's world we have the ability to fact check online. Thank you LaneGirl!

It behooves all of us as citizens to be careful to check sources for Trump-facts, Because far too often they are Trump-spin or Trump-lies.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Frittering away credibility has consequences.

The poll finds widespread doubts about the veracity of information coming from the White House. Only a quarter of Americans (24%) say they trust all or most of what they hear in official communications from the White House, while more (30%) say they trust "nothing at all" that they hear from the President's office. (Even among Republicans, only about half say they can trust most of what they hear from the White House.)

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Trumpís Lies vs. Your Brain

Unfortunately, itís no contest. Hereís what psychology tells us about life under a leader totally indifferent to the truth.

By MARIA KONNIKOVA January/February 2017

All presidents lie. Richard Nixon said he was not a crook, yet he orchestrated the most shamelessly crooked act in the modern presidency. Ronald Reagan said he wasnít aware of the Iran-Contra deal; thereís evidence he was. Bill Clinton said he did not have sex with that woman; he did, or close enough. Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking.

But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trumpís statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true. (Compare that to the politician Trump dubbed ďcrooked,Ē Hillary Clinton: Just 26 percent of her statements were deemed false.) ...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-brain-214658

April 29, 2017 Trump signs executive order extending Choice program for veterans - which was to expire in August 2017 - to give department time to come up with better plans to serve vets in a timely and effective manner. Choice was started in 2014 after scandal involving veterans dying while waiting for services from VA came to the forefront.

Just saying.

And to those of you happy with your VA system - great! I am glad it is working for you. You are the lucky ones that didn't die waiting to see a doctor. Others weren't so fortunate and the system didn't work for everyone as it should. But, when they miss your lung or liver cancer because they refuse to do tests beyond spine x-rays for complaints of severe back pain, maybe you will think again. Just saying.

When your buddy puts a bullet in his head because he/she needs mental health services and can't get an appointment for a few months, maybe you will think again.

When you have to rely on private donors to supply your prosthetics and mobility devices because the VA doesn't deem them necessary for your life, maybe you will think again.

When you starve in a VA nursing facility because you can not feed yourself and the staff is too lazy/overworked and worried about the time clock to feed you, you may think again.

Meanwhile, Trump prevented the end of Choice which the Obama administration had scheduled to end during 'the next guy's' term because he couldn't figure out how to get the money to fund it.

McCain did nothing either. Fire him.

I don't even want to discuss real issues with someone who states about a confirmed con (Trump University): "He hasn't lied" and directs me to his self-serving website.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    April 29, 2017 Trump signs executive order extending Choice program for veterans - which was to expire in August 2017 - to give department time to come up with better plans to serve vets in a timely and effective manner. Choice was started in 2014 after scandal involving veterans dying while waiting for services from VA came to the forefront.

Just saying.

And to those of you happy with your VA system - great! I am glad it is working for you. You are the lucky ones that didn't die waiting to see a doctor. Others weren't so fortunate and the system didn't work for everyone as it should. But, when they miss your lung or liver cancer because they refuse to do tests beyond spine x-rays for complaints of severe back pain, maybe you will think again. Just saying.

When your buddy puts a bullet in his head because he/she needs mental health services and can't get an appointment for a few months, maybe you will think again.

When you have to rely on private donors to supply your prosthetics and mobility devices because the VA doesn't deem them necessary for your life, maybe you will think again.

When you starve in a VA nursing facility because you can not feed yourself and the staff is too lazy/overworked and worried about the time clock to feed you, you may think again.

Meanwhile, Trump prevented the end of Choice which the Obama administration had scheduled to end during 'the next guy's' term because he couldn't figure out how to get the money to fund it.

McCain did nothing either. Fire him.
    Not true. Its out of $$.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....icans.amp.html

Since we are all interested in facts, what kinds of jobs did Obama create?

Full time....mostly no.....Part time.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...were-part-time

Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

So true! Part time jobs soared and full time drop dramitacally during the recession between 2008-2010.

Since 2010 the BLS is showing that the number of part time jobs are trending down as full time are trending up.

This is the link to the actual BLS website so one can look at the individual years and information and not an opinion piece.

https://www.bls.gov/cps/lfcharacteristics.htm

Facts are jobs growth has been steady going up. period.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast