OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE has named no suspect(s).

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION
CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports source article

Previous Thread (#28)

LATEST UPDATES

http://fox45now.com/news/local/inves...sacre-evidence

Investigators search Adams Co. farm for Pike Co. massacre evidence

ADAMS COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - Law enforcement officers are searching a farm in Adams County for evidence in the Pike County massacre. That farm is off of SR 32 near Peebles.

The case of the Pike County murders became more complex this week with investigators asking the public to focus attention on one family

DeWine hasn’t named suspects in the case. He has, however, asked the public to focus attention on four members of the Wagner family.

Investigators want more information about Edward “Jake” Wagner, 24, George Wagner IV, 25, George “Billy” Wagner III, 46, and Angela Wagner, 45. All are uncharged.

The changing of the timeline is a big issue for me. Another oddity for me is that for some strange reason, right around that time, JW decides to change his hair color to a much darker shade. Could have just gotten a wild hair... however it is an especially odd coincidence, in timing. One of many though.

The changing of the timeline is a big issue for me. Another oddity for me is that for some strange reason, right around that time, JW decides to change his hair color to a much darker shade. Could have just gotten a wild hair... however it is an especially odd coincidence, in timing. One of many though.

I haven't seen it. I guess I haven't been looking hard enough. ;)

Has anyone heard that the nursing home where DR worked has shut its doors?

"I am seriously thankful DeWine climbed on board. He has helped a great deal and continues to do so. Now our present governor on the other hand...he's been a real gem! He made a phone call down here and said "keep me posted!" early on. AFAIK thats all he has done, although he may have done something else."

What is it that you want the governor to do? Last time I looked a Governor was responsible for running the whole state, not just Pike County.

A Governor is also in the administrative side of government not the judicial. It's like all the people who have howled for months about why doesn't the FBI get involved. The FBI doesn't just "willy-nilly" go running around jumping into local cases. They'll get involved when a US att'y tells them to.​

What change in the timeline? Do you mean when JW picked up his daughter?

There's two fairly different times now, that he's stated, that S was with him.

He picked her up that night at 10:30, a day early. (This was in the very beginning)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pike-county-death-in-the-foothills/ar-AAj4KpB

Now he's saying that he had her all week, and was to drop her off Friday morning. (This was stated just this month)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...family-targeted-police-raids-talks/377988001/

There's two fairly different times now, that he's stated, that S was with him.

He picked her up that night at 10:30, a day early. (This was in the very beginning)
Now he's saying that he had her all week, and was to drop her off Friday morning. (This was stated just this month)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...family-targeted-police-raids-talks/377988001/

This just came out after the search. I wonder if it's one of the factor playing in the call for information

You know, I honestly believe that she was picked up a day early;but probabaly the previous week. HR was going in for a c-section,why wouldn't she send her child to the father earlier?

You know, I honestly believe that she was picked up a day early;but probabaly the previous week. HR was going in for a c-section,why wouldn't she send her child to the father earlier?

But that does not explain JW saying he reckoned he missed it by a couple of hours...

If the first statement was true (which we cannot know ), then JW was the last, or one of the last people to see DR, HMR, K, and CR, Jr alive.

As OP said , he did say "I reckon we missed it by a few hours". Words reported by C.Graves in "I hate to see her cry" July 2016

I see your point about the pregnancy. But JW saw HR and baby K after her birth (see article above). So it's very possible S spent a few days with him then came back to HR after baby K birth.

This just came out after the search. I wonder if it's one of the factor playing in the call for information

To me, it would be significant enough, to warrant one. This change in story has made me look harder at certain people than anything else.

LM saying custody dispute didn't do it b/c it's hearsay, and there are many different levels of "dispute". My own have been through custody "disputes" which were just basically a judge helping hammer out support,and who had what kind of custody (sole custody vs joint custody vs. physical vs joint physical custody), visitation (who got to have the kids what weeks in the summer, father/mother day put on paper, odd/even years for the big holidays), etc...

People get feathers ruffled when the word "custody" comes up, be it when a marriage ends, or a relationship ends. It's more difficult when a couple aren't married though b/c paternity must also be established before the courts will go forward. That's no fun either. It makes the female feel un-trusted, but you can't hardly miss who the mom is, at the time of birth, but whose to say the guy standing there is the father?

It can be a bit difficult to get through but it's necessary.

But completely changing an entire time frame, a pretty big one too, that's enough to make me rather suspicious.

He had to change his story. His first statement “reckon we just missed it by a few hours” put him at the crime scene and made him the last person to see many of the victims alive.

Because she had lots of family who could babysit S and she was in a custody fight with JW (according to LM).

You know, I have been thinking about him removing the baby's sock to see if it had the hammer toe. To me, he sounds like a controlling ex-partner. Although he thought that he could have been the babe's father, I presume that she had told him that he wasn't and he removes the sock of a baby he is visiting and is not his?

The hide of him. MOO

He had to change his story. His first statement “reckon we just missed it by a few hours” put him at the crime scene and made him the last person to see many of the victims alive.

As does KR2's (she was going to spend the night there like she did sooooo many nights), as did DS, who was going to spend the night with KR, but didn't. Everyone running around spending the night with each other just blows my mind. These are grown adults claiming to having a sleepover, on a workday night. We let folks sleepover with us, but it's usually if they live a couple hours away, and we haven't seen them in long time, and have let it get late, but Hello Pete, they all lived within a few miles of each other. I don't think I buy the dream/visions either, nor the fishing four days after a c-section. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone yet, but, something isn't passing the sniff test.

As does KR2's (she was going to spend the night there like she did sooooo many nights), as did DS, who was going to spend the night with KR, but didn't. Everyone running around spending the night with each other just blows my mind. These are grown adults claiming to having a sleepover, on a workday night. We let folks sleepover with us, but it's usually if they live a couple hours away, and we haven't seen them in long time, and have let it get late, but Hello Pete, they all lived within a few miles of each other. I don't think I buy the dream/visions either, nor the fishing four days after a c-section. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone yet, but, something isn't passing the sniff test.
But KR2 and DS didn't admit to being on the property of the victims hours before the slaughter. JW announced that he was on the property hours before the slaughter.

Yeah, the sleepovers are not my culture either, but maybe they planned to drink heavily or get really high and didn't want to drive home. If that's the case, I applaud them. I hate intoxicated, selfish drivers.

On the topic of the c-section, I have a young friend who had to have a C-section for her 5.5 lb baby. She had a party the next day (day of her discharge) and wasn't in much pain. She had a tiny incision. I had c-sections for my 8 lb babies and the ob-gyn sliced me from hip to hip. I was in serious pain for two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital