794 users online (94 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinging Granny View Post
    Yes, it does happen, but it doesn't make the front page of the news.
    http://www.healthcarebusinesstech.co...iller-patient/
    I'm not talking about medical personnel posting on Facebook. Of course that isn't very smart.

l'm talking about medics, EMTs, and other emergency medical folks discussing horrific accident scenes and rescues with a family member or close friend. That's just a way of coping.

And it is a common occurrence. No HIPAA fines would result from this type of debriefing.
    A lie travels around the world before truth takes its first step

Quote Originally Posted by IceIce9 View Post
    I'm not talking about medical personnel posting on Facebook. Of course that isn't very smart.

l'm talking about medics, EMTs, and other emergency medical folks discussing horrific accident scenes and rescues with a family member or close friend. That's just a way of coping.

And it is a common occurrence. No HIPAA fines would result from this type of debriefing.
    http://www.beckershospitalreview.com...ompliance.html

Well put. That is exactly what I am talking about. Not one peep from family or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jk204 View Post
    Again, i dont have MSM. But my belief was he moved out a week before the drama.

He has not spoken out on this or on anything else
    I think you may be mistaking what MSM means. It is short for Main Stream Media.

It wouldn't be shocking to learn that someone who had been severely struggling financially collected some items before calling LE.
    I've wondered about that all along at KR's place....

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    Honestly, I did not know that he had one of his sons was with him. If he was called by BJM to about CR1, why take the kid in the first place?! There are EMTs who have had to respond to family tragedies. It's a very sad, and unfortunate part of the job. My point is not about BJM lying, I've just never read where she stated that she'd called her brother, or anyone else, other than 911, to begin with. I think it's just been an assumption. For some reason LE was curious enough to impound JM's truck and wake BJM up in the middle of the night to re-question her. Do I think that either BJM or JM pulled any triggers? No. Do I think they may have unknowingly or knowingly provided information that they realized, much too late, that they shouldn't have provided? Very possible.

Edit: I think you may have misunderstood. Let me re-phrase. I'd meant that I'd heard that one of the Ms was an EMT and may have called the relatives, hence JM showing up and some others getting through the perimeter, and others not, b/c of that family member hearing, or being called out, to the site of the murders. I don't know if they are allowed to make those calls to alert family though. It was just a thought.

This newslink has not been opening very well for me lately but it may open for others:
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...here/84194756/
    BBM: I just had a thought this afternoon when I was visiting my friend who is a truck driver, and her boyfriend also drives dump truck. They have a police scanner at home and listen to it and believe you me they know what is going on before anyone does. Could be possible that some people heard about the call on that!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    This is true. However, SK novels are weird, and this is weird. It kinda reminds me of his "Under The Dome" though. Nothing was making it outside of that town. It's like a dome has descended over Piketon, and only certain persons are permitted to speak of the Rhoden murders, and other folk's voices are filtered out by the The Dome. Only the chosen one's voices make it through the filter of The Dome.
    I LOVE SK.... have re-read so many of my fave's of his. I like your Dome comparison, I read that one once and while I like the earlier books, you are right, it's like that town is in a world on it's own and we outsider's aren't privy.

Quote Originally Posted by cujenn81 View Post
    That must be a pretty common practice... one of my good friends went thru EMS training before going to school to become a physician's assistant. She wanted experience with emergency situations before she applied. I doubt if there's a better suited profession to give one that kind of experience (aside from working in an ER or trauma center). I definitely couldn't do it. EMTs are real life superheroes, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Travis was actually a firefighter first, then became EMT, then Paramedic. You top out at paramedic as there is no higher position than that. He wanted more, so he went back to school for nursing and then decided on PN. LOL. Who knows, he may be a doctor before it's all over with. As for the paramedic job he told me that you have to distance yourself and don't think of them as human or you will go crazy. I'm not saying he treated people as not human, he said he just said that when he had to pick up body parts or listen to people scream and beg you have to just do your job and not let it affect you. He said the children though, gave him nightmares and was very hard to deal with and stay calm. I can't even imagine.

EMS and first responders cannot discuss what they witnessed with patients without breaking federal laws on confidentiality. Federal confidentiality rules begin with the patient's conception and extend beyond their death. There are very expensive penalties for violating HIPAA.

HIPAA Violation Penalty Structure

Each category of violation carries a separate HIPAA penalty. It is up to the discretion of the OCR to determine a financial penalty within the appropriate range. The OCR considers a number of factors when determining penalties, such as the length of time a violation was allowed to persist, the number of people affected and the nature of the data exposed. An organization´s willingness to assist with an OCR investigation is also taken into account.
    The general factors that can affect the level of financial penalty also include prior history, the organization’s financial condition and the level of harm caused by the violation. These factors could decrease or increase the financial penalty issued.

• Category 1: Minimum fine of $100 per violation up to $50,000
    • Category 2: Minimum fine of $1,000 per violation up to $50,000
    • Category 3: Minimum fine of $10,000 per violation up to $50,000
    • Category 4: Minimum fine of $50,000 per violation
    • http://www.hipaajournal.com/what-are...olations-7096/

The Pathologist is subject to HIIPAA rules as well as the morgue technicians. Gossiping about the victims and then being fined $50,000 is just not worth it.
    You are correct. I don't think any first responders called friends or family to tell them what they saw. I think some people have scanners and heard it or already somehow had a heads up.

My best friend's husband is a doctor and he told me a doctor joke the other day.

Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    HIPPA
    HIPPA who?
    I can't tell you.

That was being reported all day today on WLW news. They referred to it as, "Three strikes and you're out."
    Well then the drug users won't have to worry, because that three strikes you're out doesn't get applied to felons like it's supposed to....

Quote Originally Posted by Dudly View Post
    That is in Hamilton, Ohio. He says revive them with Narcan twice with a chance to get rehabilitated. If called a third time, they don't get Narcan. If I remember right they are on line to spend $100,000 on Narcan this year.
    In a similar story, Dayton, Ohio has revived a guy with Narcan 20 times....
    T
    BBM

You know, there comes a time....
    Last edited by Renee110; 06-30-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: spacing...no I'm not spacing!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Politicians practicing medicine without a license again. He'll probably be unable to find any health care professionals to go along with that, unless the patient has signed a DNR order.
    It's not the Politicians practicing medicine that I'm worried about...it's the insurance people. I was hospitalized several years ago with cellulitis in my face and I was told if I waited just one more day I would have died. I was in the hospital for 4 days receiving antibiotics thru IV that were only available thru IV. My two friends who are nurses and visited me were shocked at the amount of antibiotics I was getting. Insurance refused to pay beyond a 23 hour observation period. Said They should have sent me home with an IV pole and taught to change my bags. Stuck me with thousands in bills. Sorry to hijack thread but still smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    In private, in the judge's chambers. That was when the supreme court justices reviewed the unredacted autopsy reports themselves to see if there was a reason to keep them from news media access, as required by law.

I guess two of the justices said "there's no reason to keep these AR's hidden", so they temporarily replaced them with two other lackeys for this case. Wonder which judges they replaced?

I still have to laugh when I see Justice Maureen O'Connor's name signed to anything. Remember the time she got pulled over for speeding by the Ohio Highway Patrol and decided to crash her car into theirs? That was back when she was Lt Gov.
    No words or comments. Just WHAAAT?

Quote Originally Posted by RAISINISBACK View Post
    BBM

It is my pleasure to meet you Renee. I greatly enjoy reading your posts. I agree with what you are saying, the media seem to be backing up on this whole thing. And we have yet to hear another word on the autopsy reports.
    Pleasure to meet you too. I think we are just one state away. We should have lunch. And don't get me started on the Media.

Quote Originally Posted by jk204 View Post
    Again, i dont have MSM. But my belief was he moved out a week before the drama.

He has not spoken out on this or on anything else
    This is not meant to be disrespectful in any way toward the deceased, but this family's life was drama filled (I know the feeling and I've shut that stuff down, as much as possible. It ain't no fun and I refuse to die early from stress.).

I feel bad for DR. It seems she loved her family dearly but it also seemed that there was some sort of drama all of the time. Look at how many things were going on with this family within 14 days of the murder.

If anyone next door had heard any of this at CR1's, the way this family was so close-knit, they'd have likely run to CR1's, and descended upon the interloper with baseball bats, imo. I base this upon the fact that they did try to yank a dude out of his car and were armed w/baseball bats, firearm(s), and were ready to rock and roll (I don't think we truly know what the reason for that was either.). They descended upon a man, at his own home and knocked his teeth out over words spoken at a derby, to one of the Rs. If they'd heard this going on next door, or heard about this period, I feel that they'd have come loaded for bear. Just my feelings. However, maybe they'd been in a mellow mood and decided to let the interloper slide. I just don't see them sitting idly by waiting to take a beating or a shooting though. To me, all through this, I've felt that these folks were completely blindsided.

I can't prove when he completely moved his stuff out and was gone for good, but, if this fella was there at FR's, it's at least 300' from CR1's porch to FR's porch. I'm guessing the argument would have taken place inside CR1's trailer. Again, my closest neighbor is, give or take, around 300' from my front porch to theirs (I got curious and measured). I could not tell you what goes on inside their home, or if the screams that I hear outside, are sounds of grandkids playing, or if someone is being murdered, or beaten to death, and tend to keep my business to myself. If they need me they call. If I see anything odd around their place I call, they do the same for me. Not that we can even see that well. We just try to take note of odd cars idling around, etc...
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2˘.)

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast