1021 users online (222 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Egypt Covington, 27, found murdered in her home, Belleville, 23 June 2017

Father searching for answers after daughter found dead in metro Detroit

Egypt Covington, 27, was discovered by a friend at the home on Hull Road in Van Buren Township.

Her father, Chuck Covington, says Egypt was an account manager and doing well for herself. He last saw her on Father’s Day.

Chuck says he hopes someone will come forward with information.

egypt26n-1-web.jpg

Michigan dad to daughter's murderer: 'you know what you did was evil'

Chuck also had a message for her murderer.*

“If you see this, you’re living with the evil that you did and you know what you did is evil," he said.

He also hopes anyone with information will come forward to help solve this crime. Chuck says his daughter's spirit will not be forgotten.*

Investigation underway after Mich. singer was found dead in home

The 27-year-old had won the Country Idol title held at Fraser’s Pub in Ann Arbor. The slain singer’s family is planning to hold a vigil for her there on Saturday, WJBK says.

She worked as an account manager at Rave Associates – a fine wine distributor – since last February and at Palmer House Bar and Grill in Westland, according to social media pages.

Woman found slain in Belleville area home

A homicide investigation is underway after a 27-year-old woman was found dead in her Belleville-area home during the weekend.

The woman's body was found by a friend who stopped to visit about 7:15 p.m. Friday, June 23 at the home in the 45000 block of Hull Road in Van Buren Township, according to a release from Van Buren Township police.

Police say the death is not believed to be random and she possibly knew her killer. Authorities had not revealed a cause of death as of Sunday evening.

Family seeks justice for 'angelic' slain Belleville area woman

Besides her positive spirit, Egypt Covington was endlessly compassionate, her step-mother Kristin Covington, 50, of Van Buren Township said. She never gossiped or spoke poorly of others, and that kind of attitude drew people to her.

It's what makes her death particularly shocking, family said.

"I don't know of anyone that disliked her," Kristin Covington said. "I feel really sad for somebody that either had that much anger towards her or that much jealously - they must be very sad and hurting."

Beautiful young lady taken for what? I'm curious to know was it a break in? Or she new the person to let them in? Crime of passion? Was she being stalked and didn't know it? Jealously possibly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Alot of my middle son's friends knew her and have been sharing the go fund me account for her. I have seen alot of postings about her murder on facebook

hmmm, found the flyer for missing Doug Calhoun (thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post13460004) on the IG of one of Egypt's family members. Just an interesting connection of sorts. Detroit is much more of a small town than ever and there is a real sense of community among those who have stayed there while so many others have fled.

Sounds like this was someone who knew Egypt. May her family get the answers they need and find justice for this beautiful woman.

ETA: Wow, cruising through her instagram, I love this woman. What a spirit; her soul just oozes out, filled with kind words and compassion and awareness. Her family must be devastated, of course.
    Last edited by AzPistonsGirl; 06-26-2017 at 02:25 PM.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

sure seems like such a nice lady from her social media
    didn't appear to be in a relationship ...
    wonder how she was murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    Yes, I was trolling on her fb. She also made a music video with a man. It's on youtube. Beautiful voice. Anything and everything I could see was everyone loved her. She was fun loving. Good spirit. Whomever did this had to know her. Such a beautiful soul gone. For Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    sure seems like such a nice lady from her social media
    didn't appear to be in a relationship ...
    wonder how she was murdered?
    Police won't let that be known.

Channel 4 news just 2 minutes ago stated she was found shot inside her home.

I am so glad to see a thread has been started for Egypt. I was just reading the M-Live article and was coming to see if it was here. thank you all for the posts today.

This is very close to where I used to live before I was married, so I know the area well. And we are familiar with her Ann Arbor connection (Fraser's Pub).

It just seems unreal, to have had too many recent murders near where I live/lived through the years.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast