1538 users online (255 members and 1283 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question I'm Jesus Christ

NEW YORK Any less than the best just wouldn't do for the New York man formerly known as Jose Luis Espinal. When you're seeking to change your name, why not go right to the top and share a name with someone who just had a birthday celebrated by billions around the world?

That would be Jesus Christ, by the way. And the man formerly known as Espinal feels positively prophetic now that a judge has given him permission to go by the same name as the Christian Messiah.

Mr. Christ, 42, said he was "happy" and "grateful" that the judge approved the change, which is effective immediately.

Espinal . . . uh, Christ . . . said he was moved to switch monikers about a year ago after he had a revelation: "I am the person that is that name."

Mr. Christ, who is unemployed and unmarried and has no children, said, "This was not done for any reason other than I am that person. You're dealing with the real deal."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179880,00.html

Great Find Jeana, helps make my day.

The Second Coming, now we don't have anything to worry about, or do we??

Now when I get p*ssed, and say His name in vain, I can say I was talking about the other Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    Now when I get p*ssed, and say His name in vain, I can say I was talking about the other Jesus Christ.

LOL You don't think the real know will know????

I wonder if this guy, since he's unemployed, will be a carpenter?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl
    I wonder if this guy, since he's unemployed, will be a carpenter?
    Maybe he's finally looking to take up a trade (as in, get a job). Carpentry would be a good choice. They are hiring in New Orleans. Knowing Jesus Christ, He will have New Orleans rebuilt in no time.

Maybe he thinks he'll become a tourist attraction? If they'll pay $5 to see a grilled cheese sandwich, imagine what they'll pay to see Jesus Christ in person.

(no one stand too close to me. I may be struck by lightening real quick)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    NEW YORK Any less than the best just wouldn't do for the New York man formerly known as Jose Luis Espinal. When you're seeking to change your name, why not go right to the top and share a name with someone who just had a birthday celebrated by billions around the world?

That would be Jesus Christ, by the way. And the man formerly known as Espinal feels positively prophetic now that a judge has given him permission to go by the same name as the Christian Messiah.

Mr. Christ, 42, said he was "happy" and "grateful" that the judge approved the change, which is effective immediately.

Espinal . . . uh, Christ . . . said he was moved to switch monikers about a year ago after he had a revelation: "I am the person that is that name."

Mr. Christ, who is unemployed and unmarried and has no children, said, "This was not done for any reason other than I am that person. You're dealing with the real deal."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179880,00.html

Geeze! Let's take up a collection to get the loser neutered before he procreates!

Maybe he will get a job appeasing the War on Christmas.

LOL Daniel you put "nurtured"; I think you meant neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    Maybe he will get a job appeasing the War on Christmas.

LOL Daniel you put "nurtured"; I think you meant neutered.
    I sure did! I will go back and correct.

Maybe now he can sell himself on Ebay?????

Hum, didn't Grace Slick from the Jefferson Airplane name one of her kids God? Maybe it was someone else, .. I wonder if these two could hook up..you think?

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

I want to see him do the loaves and fishes trick, before I'll believe it's really him.---LOL

I want to see him do the loaves and fishes trick, before I'll believe it's really him.---LOL
    Or walk on water, part the Red Sea, etc., etc. The list goes on and on! That was great!!