1334 users online (201 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

22 million would lose health coverage under Senate bill, CBO finds

Guardian:

22 million Americans would lose health coverage under Senate bill, CBO finds

So the 1% will become richer. Blood money. Mass slaughter.

And more:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cbo-senat...203849902.html

WASHINGTON — The Senate health care bill would cause 22 million more people to be uninsured by 2026 than under current law, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office announced Monday. The dismal CBO score could foil Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s plan to rush the sweeping legislation to the floor before July 4.

The CBO previously ignited a firestorm when it predicted that the House’s version of health care reform would result in 23 million fewer Americans having health insurance in 2026 compared to current law. Despite weeks of work, the Senate only managed to shave that number by one million, which could spell trouble for moderates who’ve expressed concerns about coverage loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    All they see is the $$ saved by those not enrolled in Medicaid.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

This chart shows the stunning trade-off at the heart of the GOP plan:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...an-health-plan

The House bill would cut taxes by $756 billion over a decade, and most of those gains would go to the richest Americans, independent analyses suggest. (We’re still waiting on a Congressional Budget Office analysis of the Senate bill, which is expected to be released this afternoon). The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities estimates that the 400 top income households alone would receive $33 billion in tax cuts between 2019 and 2028. This is equivalent to the amount that the federal government spends on Medicaid expansion in four states: Alaska, Arkansas, West Virginia, and Nevada. The Medicaid expansion there covers an estimated 725,800 enrollees.
    How can they show their faces after presenting this?
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    This chart shows the stunning trade-off at the heart of the GOP plan:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...an-health-plan

How can they show their faces after presenting this?
    And because I never shut up about veterans - of the 184,100 medicaid enrolees in West Virginia 15,000 are veterans.

Just a coincidence because WV came up at the link. I know the numbers off the top of my head because that's my current home state and I had to talk to Manchin and Capito today.

And people are worried about terrorists. Dying a quick or slow painful death is for sure under this plan

"Trump Care" an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    "Trump Care" an oxymoron.
    It should be called TrumpDGAF.

For most of you with a parent or grandparent in a nursing home (under this plan), you might as well begin getting a room ready in your house to take them in.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    For most of you with a parent or grandparent in a nursing home (under this plan), you might as well begin getting a room ready in your house to take them in.
    I wonder what will happen to people who don't have close family or whose families are not in a position to take them in?

Trumpcare Takes From the Poor to Give to the Rich:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...e-rich-w489868

In short, the Better Care Reconciliation Act is a formula for worse health care in America. "For all the talk of the Senate dramatically changing the House bill, it's not much different," tweeted Andy Slavitt, who ran Medicaid and Medicare under president Obama. "Except meaner."

Senate Republicans use the savings won by cutting the health care of the poor, disabled, elderly and middle-class to pay for $541 million in tax cuts favoring the wealthiest Americans. The Senate bill could also create $321 billion in deficit reduction, according to the CBO, roughly $200 billion more than the House bill.

Did you guys see that Kellyanne Conway said today that if you are worried about losing Medicaid then you should get a job? Oops, let me go wake up my 2 year old who was born with a neurological issue, he needs to get cracking on his resume.

And I would like to add that Kellyanne Conway looks like a cadaver they warm up and roll out on special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine2U View Post
    And I would like to add that Kellyanne Conway looks like a cadaver they warm up and roll out on special occasions.
    Her jaw's like the wave on a slop bucket, to get old timey with my similes.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast