Any Bets on this kid's future?

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So, which prison do ya'll think this kid will end up in?

Police say Karolein L. Walsh screamed at the driver of a van her 16-year-old son slammed his motorcycle into, and then challenged an officer that intervened to a street brawl, according to the Hartford Courant.

Never mind that her son was driving down the Farmington (search), Conn., road without a helmet, insurance or even a license — and that cops say the van's driver did nothing to cause the accident.

Officer Joe Capodiferro repeatedly told the irate mom to leave Dubois alone, but she wouldn't back down, Sgt. Daniel L. Devine told the Courant.

After Capodiferro tried to interrupt again, Walsh threw her coat and pocketbook on the ground, tossed her camera to a nearby youngster and challenged him to a fight, police told the Courant.

"Let's go," she told Capodiferro, police said.

Declining the offer of a street fight with mad mommy, Capodiferro and a second cop arrested her — and she kicked at them the whole way to the police cruiser, Devine said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174629,00.html

LOL What's the worst prison in Connecticutt? It's easy to see why some kids grow up disregarding the laws and having no respect for authority.

Jeana (DP) said:

Police say Karolein L. Walsh screamed at the driver of a van her 16-year-old son slammed his motorcycle into, and then challenged an officer that intervened to a street brawl, according to the Hartford Courant.

Never mind that her son was driving down the Farmington (search), Conn., road without a helmet, insurance or even a license — and that cops say the van's driver did nothing to cause the accident.

Officer Joe Capodiferro repeatedly told the irate mom to leave Dubois alone, but she wouldn't back down, Sgt. Daniel L. Devine told the Courant.

After Capodiferro tried to interrupt again, Walsh threw her coat and pocketbook on the ground, tossed her camera to a nearby youngster and challenged him to a fight, police told the Courant.

Declining the offer of a street fight with mad mommy, Capodiferro and a second cop arrested her — and she kicked at them the whole way to the police cruiser, Devine said.

It's more a question of which prison his mom will be going to.

Mmmm, this mom took "assertiveness training" very seriously.

Is she out of her mind?

Marthatex said:
Mmmm, this mom took "assertiveness training" very seriously.

Is she out of her mind?
And when her son ends up in prison...it will be because the big bad police framed him.;) LOL...I can already hear her screaming this in 5 or so years. :behindbar

deandaniellws said:
And when her son ends up in prison...it will be because the big bad police framed him.;) LOL...I can already hear her screaming this in 5 or so years. :behindbar

Yes, it will be another case of the police framing her son like they did Scott Peterson

Jeana (DP) said:

She probably grew up abused, and had finally taken and graduated from an Assertiveness Class, and this was her first big test; sounds like all of the anger in her past life came out at the same time.

Gabby said:
Yes, it will be another case of the police framing her son like they did Scott Peterson
:D Yeah. I wonder how ole buckey beaver is doing? :loser:

deandaniellws said:
:D Yeah. I wonder how ole buckey beaver is doing? :loser:

I am sure with each inmate that is put to death or just dies .. his a$$hole draws up a little tighter....

Gabby said:
I am sure with each inmate that is put to death or just dies .. his a$$hole draws up a little tighter....

GABBY! You always surprise me..... :D

Such thoughts out of a pretty head, my my....

Buzzm1 said:
She probably grew up abused, and had finally taken and graduated from an Assertiveness Class, and this was her first big test; sounds like all of the anger in her past life came out at the same time.

Could be but she more than likely was using this perspective as a mouthpiece. Since she didn't have one of her own.I have seen this a lot in recent years. At first, it is inexplicable then it starts to make more sense.A lot of the time the moms are willing to sacrifice their sons for themselves. The son will rise to the occasion. Her bad behavior will be reconciled by heroic acts from her sons.Always needing to be rescued

I think it would be interesting to know who is driving this woman's bus. Makes me wonder how she has managed to live this long, as you would almost think someone would have killed her by now. Others wouldn't be so hesitant to cause her bodily harm.

Marthatex said:
GABBY! You always surprise me..... :D

Such thoughts out of a pretty head, my my....

I am not in a good mood... or can you tell? The neighbor's goat just got on the hood of our new pickup... scratched up the paintjob.... of course the neighbor will pay for the new paintjob but that isn't the point....

Gabby said:
Hey...works for me. I can't stand the loser.:behindbar

Gabby said:
I am not in a good mood... or can you tell? The neighbor's goat just got on the hood of our new pickup... scratched up the paintjob.... of course the neighbor will pay for the new paintjob but that isn't the point....
I would be hacked off too!

Sheesh, Gabby....what's got yer goat?!! :D Couldn't resist. You are usually just so sweet and I had to do it. That devil made me do it.
Gabby said:
the goat is now in the promised land... with the owners' permission

She's trying to destroy her son - hopefully it didn't work, but it often does.

My son, right or wrong! The battle cry of the overprotective, lousy mother. The parenting of so many criminals of all levels.

Details said:
She's trying to destroy her son - hopefully it didn't work, but it often does.

My son, right or wrong! The battle cry of the overprotective, lousy mother. The parenting of so many criminals of all levels.
100% agree! It's either that or they just don't give a what their kid does. In her eyes everyone else is at fault, he's being framed, he's a good kid, not my baby, etc, etc. She needs to take a good look at herself in the mirror and realize she's her kid's worst enemy.

Some parents (and it isn't just Mothers, :D) seem to have this attitude of it's my kid and they can do no wrong! And if by some slim chance they do do wrong- they will handle it (maybe, maybe not).
And Jeana is right- these kids are most usually the first to get into trouble, and get into the worst trouble.
I won't say my kids are perfect (they are usually pretty good, but not perfect) Perfection is something you work toward, and not something that kids just are.
Parents who treat their kids like they can do no wrong- well usually the kids will spend a life time testing it to see if their parents are right.
As far as the example she is setting for him- can't they charge her with child endangerment for letting him drive without a license, helmet, and insurance? As well as disorderly conduct, and interfering with official business? If she won't set a proper example for her kid- LE is going to have to. And I would set their trials up the same day, same time, different courtrooms too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back