CA CA - Crystal Danley, 43, Modesto, 19 June 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Modesto mother’s son was found dead in Morro Bay harbor last year. Now she is missing
Crystals%20Flyer

Before her recent disappearance, a Modesto woman had suicidal thoughts and talked about reuniting with her son, who was found dead in the Morro Bay Estuary in February 2016, according to a close friend.

Crystal Danley, 43, of Modesto, was reported missing on June 19, according to the Modesto Police Department.
Danley was last seen in San Francisco on June 18 driving in the direction of Ocean Beach in the Sunset district about 4 a.m. She had talked about swimming in the ocean and joining her son; a friend with whom she was staying tried to talk her out of it, but she left suddenly, according to Laura Zuccolotto, another friend.

Zuccolotto said that Avery’s death deeply affected Crystal Danley, but she refused counseling, which friends and family urged.
Danley drove off in a white 1990 Ford Taurus wagon with the license plate 4GHG377, and a national alert has been put out to police departments in hopes of locating Danley, according to Modesto Police.

Gosh, my heart is so broken for her. Such tragedy for two young people. I hope she changed her mind and just walked somewhere and is found okay. :(

Any updates?

Nothing recent that I can find. Her mother suspected foul play:

June 27, 2017 03:06 PM
Updated June 27, 2017 05:51 PM
Friends say a missing Modesto woman shared suicidal thoughts and spoke of reuniting with her 22-year-old son, who was found dead in the Morro Bay Estuary in February 2016. But Crystal Liel Danley’s mother, Nancy Atwood, said she suspects her daughter met with foul play.
She said her suspicions fall on an abusive ex-boyfriend of her daughter’s. Atwood and Snow both said Danley went missing once before, for a couple of weeks, but it turned out she was being held by that boyfriend. She now has a restraining order against the Morro Bay man, they said.
Snow said she doesn’t think the ex is involved in Danley’s disappearance, though. Police have been to his property and found no evidence there, she said, and she’s spoken with his mother, with whom he shares a home. Also, the man has been in contact with Danley’s sister and seems genuinely concerned with helping find her, Snow said. “Honestly, I wish she was with him,” she said, because not knowing what’s happened to Danley – her best friend since they were 15 – is so terrible.

Read more here: Update: ‘I can’t help but think foul play,’ says mother of missing Modesto woman

Read more here: Update: ‘I can’t help but think foul play,’ says mother of missing Modesto woman

I wish I would have seen these post along time ago, it all makes me very sick. I am crystals sister one and only, I was the one that found her car at ends landing in San Francisco not the police. In fact when I called the investigator to let her know I found it, she told me to go ahead and drive it home. Made no since to me, you would think they would send someone out to pick the car up for evidence or at least have someone come and dust it for fingerprints. And as far as me having contact with crystals ex, it’s not true, the guy wouldn’t answer our phone calls. We never even got a clear answer on weather or not the police were able to talk to him. We know they went to his house and spoke to his parents.. Crystal was distraught after losing her son, my nephew. As any month we would be. We don’t know what happened to her we don’t know if she took her own life or if someone did something to her.I feel the police could have done a better job at trying to find her. Like I said I was the one that found her car not them. They said they were sending the coastguard out to look for her after I found her car i was there the day they were supposed to be out looking for her and I did not see a single coastguard out that day. I believe the heard she might have been using drugs so they left it as a user that probably took her own life instead of actually doing something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back