Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]RDU police need help finding woman who went missing from work[/h]
2154854_630x354.jpg

RALEIGH, North Carolina (WTVD) --

RDU Airport Police are asking for the public's help in finding an employee who went missing while on break Monday.

Authorities say Allison Cope did not return from a scheduled break at the Terminal 2 pre-security Starbucks around 3 p.m. and was later reported missing around 7 p.m.

2154892_630x354.jpg

Read more: http://abc11.com/news/rdu-police-need-help-finding-woman-missing-from-work/2154813/

Cope is described as a mid-20s white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5-foot-6 and 180 pounds, airport officials said. She was last seen wearing a black HMS Host-branded Starbucks polo, blue jeans and black shoes.

RDU officials said Cope drives a silver, 2014 Ford Fusion with North Carolina plate EHA 2271. The car, officials said, has a “Change of Heart Pit Bull Rescue” sticker in the back window.
Andrew Sawyer, an RDU spokesperson, said he could not comment on whether Cope drove away in her car or whether the airport tracks designated employee parking.

Family members said Cope's phone and bag were found at the airport, but her car keys and debit card were missing from her bag.

Cope drives a silver 2015 Ford Fusion with North Carolina license plate number EHA 2771. The car has a sticker for the Change of Heart Pit Bull Rescue RDU released a statement asking for the public's help in finding Cope, releasing a photo of the sticker from Cope's vehicle. The image is shown on a different car.
window_wrap-DMID1-5b8du00yu-480x360.jpg

http://www.wral.com/24-year-old-rdu-employee-reported-missing-after-taking-break-at-work/16787859/

So, is the car missing also, or they just don't know where it's parked, or they don't know either? I can't tell by the reports.

Family members said Cope's phone and bag were found at the airport, but her car keys and debit card were missing from her bag.

She was seen going down the escalator and leaving Terminal 2 with just keys in her hand, presumably to run to her car for a minute, according to friends.

Friends said she would have never left the airport during a short break, especially without her phone.

Cope is a white female with blonde hair and blue eyes. Police said she is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds.

Police said Cope was last seen wearing a black HMS Host-branded Starbucks polo shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Friends believe she was running to her car in the employee lot to get something on her break, and something happened to her.

291362-3-DMID1-5b8cooahg-640x360.jpg
ALLISON%20COPE%20Photo

Photo%203

http://www.wral.com/24-year-old-rdu-employee-reported-missing-after-taking-break-at-work/16787859/
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article158413429.html

Was her car parked in a designated airport staff parking lot, or just a regular one? I know at our airport, there is a parking lot only for staff and it can only be accessed with a key card.
I wonder too if security cams have been checked. Surely there's decent security footage of all parking lots at airports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is local for me and I don't have a good feeling. Car gone but purse left behind. I do not know about staff parking. I don't go to airport enough and it's very spread out as far as parking. (Shuttle services etc)

Something had to have happened to her in the parking lot near her car and her car was taken with her.

She was seen running down the escalator with her keys in her hand during a break. Friends said if she was planning on leaving she would have at least taken her cell phone. Her cell phone and wallet were left in her bag at work. Clearly, that means (to me at least) she wasn't planning on leaving the property.

I don't believe Allison took off on her own.

It seems as though there would be a ton of security footage at the airport. Seems strange that we aren't hearing much about it. I'm hoping and praying this ends well!!

I just bought coffee there yesterday... the day she went missing... OMG.

The timeline doesn't make sense to me. She left for her break at 3:00 and her car was captured leaving/employee pass swiped to to get out of the lot at 3:10? I don't think employees park at that same lot right across from Terminal 2; I think that's totally reserved for passengers and it costs a lot a day for someone who's working at Starbucks to park there regularly at the normal parking rates. I think some employees park on the surface lot between terminals 1 and 2, which I guess would be doable by 3:10 if you were really, really booking it, but the timeline seems almost undoable.

I wonder if employees have a shuttle bus and if there is any footage showing her on it, or actually arriving at the parking lot. If they can't figure this one out -- happening at the airport -- then goodness knows how any of us could possibly be safe from terrorism.

Do we know if she parks close or in a shuttled employee parking lot? Here's the RDU employee parking info

https://www.rdu.com/parking/other/employee/

I had to leave my car there in the public lots several times for business travel, it's a sea of cars. Scary when coming in late, heck, probably in the daytime, it seems like its you, and never ending rows of cars, unless someone on your shuttle happened to park near you.

Certainly they have security in the employee lots. Think of how many people work there!

Quote from RDU rep makes it sound like they're not sure if it was her driving out of the lot at 3:10 PM. Possible security footage is not clear enough to discern who is driving. Car jacking or abduction were my first thoughts but I hope I'm wrong. Reminds me of the hospital worker whose car was seen on video leaving the garage. I'm surprised this story is not getting more attention, as well and I hope she's found safe.
JMO MOO etc

Sounds almost like she was running outside to meet someone quickly. Any boyfriend in the picture?

Was her car parked in a designated airport staff parking lot, or just a regular one? I know at our airport, there is a parking lot only for staff and it can only be accessed with a key card.
I wonder too if security cams have been checked. Surely there's decent security footage of all parking lots at airports.

When I worked at RDU in 2007, we had a designated parking lot for staff. We usually had to take a shuttle to the actual airport because the parking lot wasn't too close. Some employers would park closer and pay for parking (hourly) I can't remember about cameras but IMO I would think there would be some.

I'm not very tech-savvy with my phone. Apologies if this does not link correctly!

Missing RDU worker spent her remaining $23 on gas Monday, friends say

DETAILS & PHOTOS>> http://wp.me/p5MgbW-1OYJ

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads