1293 users online (217 members and 1076 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

RDU police need help finding woman who went missing from work

RALEIGH, North Carolina (WTVD) --

RDU Airport Police are asking for the public's help in finding an employee who went missing while on break Monday.

Authorities say Allison Cope did not return from a scheduled break at the Terminal 2 pre-security Starbucks around 3 p.m. and was later reported missing around 7 p.m.

Read more: http://abc11.com/news/rdu-police-nee...-work/2154813/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Cope is described as a mid-20s white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5-foot-6 and 180 pounds, airport officials said. She was last seen wearing a black HMS Host-branded Starbucks polo, blue jeans and black shoes.

RDU officials said Cope drives a silver, 2014 Ford Fusion with North Carolina plate EHA 2271. The car, officials said, has a “Change of Heart Pit Bull Rescue” sticker in the back window.
    Andrew Sawyer, an RDU spokesperson, said he could not comment on whether Cope drove away in her car or whether the airport tracks designated employee parking.
    Last edited by Gardener1850; 06-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Family members said Cope's phone and bag were found at the airport, but her car keys and debit card were missing from her bag.

Cope drives a silver 2015 Ford Fusion with North Carolina license plate number EHA 2771. The car has a sticker for the Change of Heart Pit Bull Rescue RDU released a statement asking for the public's help in finding Cope, releasing a photo of the sticker from Cope's vehicle. The image is shown on a different car.

http://www.wral.com/24-year-old-rdu-...work/16787859/

I was coming to post about this. Close to home for me.

GigTu is offline ♥ ѧѦ ѧѦѧ︵͡ ︵ѧѦ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ♥
    So, is the car missing also, or they just don't know where it's parked, or they don't know either? I can't tell by the reports.

Family members said Cope's phone and bag were found at the airport, but her car keys and debit card were missing from her bag.

She was seen going down the escalator and leaving Terminal 2 with just keys in her hand, presumably to run to her car for a minute, according to friends.

Friends said she would have never left the airport during a short break, especially without her phone.

Cope is a white female with blonde hair and blue eyes. Police said she is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds.

Police said Cope was last seen wearing a black HMS Host-branded Starbucks polo shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Friends believe she was running to her car in the employee lot to get something on her break, and something happened to her.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...158413429.html

Shared and praying!

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    So, is the car missing also, or they just don't know where it's parked, or they don't know either? I can't tell by the reports.
    Car is also missing.
    http://abc11.com/news/rdu-police-need-help-finding-woman-missing-from-work/2154813/

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article158413429.html

this one says something different though.
    Last edited by agilbe; 06-27-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added

Was her car parked in a designated airport staff parking lot, or just a regular one? I know at our airport, there is a parking lot only for staff and it can only be accessed with a key card.
    I wonder too if security cams have been checked. Surely there's decent security footage of all parking lots at airports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is local for me and I don't have a good feeling. Car gone but purse left behind. I do not know about staff parking. I don't go to airport enough and it's very spread out as far as parking. (Shuttle services etc)

Something had to have happened to her in the parking lot near her car and her car was taken with her.

She was seen running down the escalator with her keys in her hand during a break. Friends said if she was planning on leaving she would have at least taken her cell phone. Her cell phone and wallet were left in her bag at work. Clearly, that means (to me at least) she wasn't planning on leaving the property.

I don't believe Allison took off on her own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Cope's roommate Sarah Kosinski told ABC11 that the missing woman went out to her car in an employee parking lot and security records show the car leaving the lot, but there is no security video that shows who was driving.
    http://abc11.com/news/rdu-police-nee...-work/2154813/

Where sweet tea and gracious people abound
    It seems as though there would be a ton of security footage at the airport. Seems strange that we aren't hearing much about it. I'm hoping and praying this ends well!!
    “I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.”
    ― Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

I just bought coffee there yesterday... the day she went missing... OMG.

The timeline doesn't make sense to me. She left for her break at 3:00 and her car was captured leaving/employee pass swiped to to get out of the lot at 3:10? I don't think employees park at that same lot right across from Terminal 2; I think that's totally reserved for passengers and it costs a lot a day for someone who's working at Starbucks to park there regularly at the normal parking rates. I think some employees park on the surface lot between terminals 1 and 2, which I guess would be doable by 3:10 if you were really, really booking it, but the timeline seems almost undoable.

I wonder if employees have a shuttle bus and if there is any footage showing her on it, or actually arriving at the parking lot. If they can't figure this one out -- happening at the airport -- then goodness knows how any of us could possibly be safe from terrorism.
    Last edited by Skigirl; 06-27-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast