796 users online (75 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recreational/Medical Marijuana

Should it be legalized in the entire US? Just medical? What are your thoughts?

IMO, it should be legalized. Tax the !$#$% out of it for recreational users. People with a medical need get a tax exempt certificate. Restricted to over 21 like alcohol.

Use some of the tax for marijuana research. We don't know what this plant can do, it has been forbidden.

Some of the tax for local schools, maybe some for the VA.

It should be legalized. The applications for marijuana are endless, and most are positive such as pain relief, treatment for anxiety and depression, treating cancer symptoms, the list goes on.

How MJ came to be criminalized:
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-d...al-first-place

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../etc/cron.html
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

Quote Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
    Should it be legalized in the entire US? Just medical? What are your thoughts?

IMO, it should be legalized. Tax the !$#$% out of it for recreational users. People with a medical need get a tax exempt certificate. Restricted to over 21 like alcohol.

Use some of the tax for marijuana research. We don't know what this plant can do, it has been forbidden.

Some of the tax for local schools, maybe some for the VA.
    If they taxed it highly, there would be still be a black market for it.

I have seen videos of Parkinson patients whose muscles are out of control; they cannot move. A few drops to THC oil under tongue, and their bodies return to a near-normal state.

This subject came to mind when reading about PTSD sufferers ( I am one). Marijuana is being used more and more for relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    If they taxed it highly, there would be still be a black market for it.
    Perhaps. I think the convenience of legal purchase would negate much it.

Today, Maine joins seven other states and the District of Columbia that have legalized marijuana for recreational use, despite federal prohibitions on the drug.
    http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/3...-need-to-know/
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Yes, it should be legalized for recreational use as well. I think it would help cut down on this face eating crap that's out there now. Also, my uncle has Parkinson's and yes, it's amazing how it helps with his tremors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Absolutely should be legal for both medical and recreational purposes. Absolutely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
    Should it be legalized in the entire US?
    I think drugs should be decriminalized. That word doesn't imply that the gov't endorses it, just that it's not going to consider it a crime. Treating drugs a crime on par with armed robbery turns many otherwise law-abiding citizens who would be happy to work with authorities to solve murders into criminals. We can admit drugs are dangerous without declaring war on people who use them.

Legalize it.

I watched a PBS piece on Prohibition (I think it was PBS). It is the same darn thing. People will do what they will do.

Legalize it for medical and recreational purposes. Then tax it - that alone would sure help Oklahoma's awful economy.

Legalize prostitution while we're at it.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

My take on it is just decriminalize it for personal use. When you get commercial stuff like the tobacco industries in it , you do not know what they are putting in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    Legalize it for medical and recreational purposes. Then tax it - that alone would sure help Oklahoma's awful economy.

Legalize prostitution while we're at it.
    Haha poor Oklahoma. Get some weed up in the winstar! No prostitution tho. Keep that ish in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    My take on it is just decriminalize it for personal use. When you get commercial stuff like the tobacco industries in it , you do not know what they are putting in it.
    Just curious if it's legal in Australia. Honest question. I don't know much about Australia other than the Wiggles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast