984 users online (146 members and 838 guests)  

Websleuths News

KS - Mason, 3, & Cadenn McDowell, 16 mos, Hays, 28 June 2017

http://ksn.com/2017/06/28/amber-aler...-ellis-county/

amber+alert-mcdowell2.JPG
    Bryce Jay McDowell
    33 years old
    5' 8"
    Brown hair and brown eyes

Vehicle:
    2008 red Chevy Silverado pickup license plate 120 GZV

Authorities say the man ran the victim's vehicle off the road, then forcefully removed the two children.

Police say McDowell is known to carry a rifle, but they do not know if he has it with him.
    http://www.kwch.com/content/news/AMB...431259263.html
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 06-28-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

We live in Bel Aire (Wichita) and my husband got the alert on his phone. I wonder if they think they are heading this way. If not, it was worth watching my husband continually bang on his alarm clock when his phone went off. Poor guy is tired!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by perfectingpink; 06-28-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    - Audrey Hepburn

06-28-2017 05:11 AM

On 08-28-2017, the Ellis County Sheriff's Office (ELSO) requested the Kansas Bureau of Investigation activate the Kansas Amber Alert system.

ELSO reported that Bryce Jay McDowell had used force to take Cadenn and Mason McDowell from their mother in Ellis County, Ks north of the City of Hays. Cadenn is reportedly wearing "Cars" pajamas and Mason is wearing "Mickey Mouse" pajamas.

The children were taken in a red 2008 Chevy Pickup bearing Ks tag: 120GZV. The truck has black wheels and a black push bumper.

https://kbi.kansas.gov/ksamber/alert/2244#updateSection
    - Audrey Hepburn

- Audrey Hepburn

06-28-2017 05:57 AM

The photos shown were provided by the Ellis County Sheriff's Office of Cadenn and Mason. We have been informed that the picture is showing Mason, however this is not a picture of Cadenn. We are working to get an updated photo of Cadenn.

- Audrey Hepburn

2008 Red Chevy Silverado Pickup
    120GZV KS Tag
    VEHICLE HAS DAMAGE TO DRIVERS SIDE
    - Audrey Hepburn

Cadenn is reportedly wearing "Cars" pajamas and Mason is wearing "Mickey Mouse" pajamas.

- Audrey Hepburn

UPDATE: Here are photos of the two children involved in the Amber Alert, as shared by Hutchinson Emergency Management.

https://www.facebook.com/kwchnews/po...55475514407421
    - Audrey Hepburn

06-28-2017 07:02 AM

At 7:01am, updated photos of Cadenn and Mason were added to the alert. Bryce McDowell is the father of both children.

- Audrey Hepburn

FOUND SAFE! Two boys at the center of an Amber Alert have been found safe. Suspect has been located. Watch for updates as we get them.

https://www.facebook.com/kwchnews/ph...type=3&theater
    - Audrey Hepburn

AMBER ALERT CANCELED: Boys found safe

Hours later, McDowell was found and taken into custody in Rooks County, just west of Webster Lake. The two children were found safe and taken into the state's custody without further incident.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/AMB...431259263.html
    - Audrey Hepburn

Woman involved with Amber Alert wants kids back

Plante was taken to the hospital and said she is “pretty bruised up” and has marks over her eye.

But the biggest thing she wants now is her children back.

She’s still waiting for the state to release them into her custody after a court hearing Friday morning in Ellis County District Court.

She was ordered to take a drug test at the courthouse in Hays and placed in a holding cell. She said the test came back positive for methamphetamine.
    Plante said that was enough to keep the judge from allowing her to take back her children.
    But she said she wasn’t under the influence early Wednesday morning when she was returning to Plainville. Instead, she admitted to using meth a few days before the incident when her kids were not in her presence and with friends and she was “having a night to herself” — and the amount “wasn’t that much.”

“It wasn’t much at all,” she said. “And they know my past life. I have to take it one day at a time.”
    Much more at link: http://www.hdnews.net/news/20170703/...ants-kids-back

Poor babies. I hope they get a loving stable home.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21