GA GA - Jasmine Earl, 18, DeKalb County, 14 June 2005

av-baby

Reaction score
She has been missing since June 14, 2005. She is 5'2, 120lbs. She is now 19 years old. She was last seen wearing a white halter top, jean shorts, and new white sneakers. What we know so far is that she was last seen at the Washington Mutual bank on Chamblee-Tucker Rd. She was last known driving a 1989 Blue Chevy Astro Van. The police have not been very helpful to us because they don't want to say that she is missing. If you have any information about her whereabouts, please send a message on this board.

Av baby, please give us more info. You say she was last seen at the bank. I take it that there is no media coverage. Has a missing persons report been filed. What is being done in the search so far? Who did she live with? What was going on in her life prior to going missing. Was she married, boyfriend, kids? Where was she expected to go after the bank? What city is this?

She sure is a cute girl. I would think that people would remember her smile and the way her eyes light up.

Would like to have more information and to know what LE has done so far.
I hope that she is found soon. The not knowing has to be a nightmare.

The police do not want to say that she is "missing just yet." This is the reason that we can't get the media to say that she is missing. If anyone knows a way that we can get some media coverage out there using different wording please let me know. She lived with her parents, not married, unsure of a new boyfriend in her life, no children. The city is Chamblee, GA. This is a nightmare!!!

I don't understand why the police don't want to say she is missing. The fact is....she is missing! :banghead: I pray they find her soon, and safe and unharmed!

The police took a missing person's report on her, otherwise she would not be listed on NCMA. Therefore, why do they say she is not missing, and what objection to they have to media coverage?

Are you a family member or friend?

CrimeHater said:
What is it with these missing girls in Georgia???
I hear you Crime.I just moved to Georgia a year ago and all these missing women here this year has got me spooked.I wish though that I was able to go help on some of the searches for these women or do something for them.

Av Baby, what is your relationship to the victim?

Here are some resources that you might check out. Of the suggestions they offer, not all will apply to your case, but many of the suggestions might. There is no single answer as to what will work in your case. Along with the suggestions put up here, I would recommend putting her into as many missing persons sites as you can find. Include her name, vital statistics, and a picture of her as well as the locations- where she lived (at least the city) and where she was last seen. Try to think, is there a friend or family member she may have turned to? Maybe she didn't talk about them a lot or keep in close contact, but seemed simpatico to them.

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-missingchildren.htm

http://www.teamhope.org/adultsdo.html

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/?pg=missing

http://www.state.de.us/attgen/main_page/kids/missingchild.htm

First organize. Sit down and make a plan. Enlist as many others to help as possible. Hold a vigil and invite the media. Put up flyers. Make sure family members are taking care of themselves.

av-baby said:
The police do not want to say that she is "missing just yet." This is the reason that we can't get the media to say that she is missing. If anyone knows a way that we can get some media coverage out there using different wording please let me know. She lived with her parents, not married, unsure of a new boyfriend in her life, no children. The city is Chamblee, GA. This is a nightmare!!!

AV - what was she doing at the bank, do you know? Is it possible she was withdrawing lots of money, or closing an account, and since she's an adult the police are reluctant to track down an adult who might have purposely gone missing?

Kelly,

They say that was as a favor. The way that the media works is that they have to be able to confirm with law enforcement officials that it is a missing person case. Right now, it is just a case.

av-baby said:
Kelly,

They say that was as a favor. The way that the media works is that they have to be able to confirm with law enforcement officials that it is a missing person case. Right now, it is just a case.

I am in the metro Atlanta area and I remember a brief mention and then nothing else. Do you have anything we can go on? A past boyfriend, a job problem, any other things that could give us a place to look. Please answer the question about the bank account if you know it. We want to help but there are missing pieces.

We are about to put a second post about Jasmine's disappearance. Would like to confirm the address as:

Washington Mutual - Bank Locations
3515 Chamblee Tucker Road
Atlanta, GA 30341

As last known location? We put up google sat maps for a point of reference for readers. Also any other details the family would like to add, the registries for the missing can be a bit limiting on details.

av-baby,

did you know her? Does anyone have info on her family history?

I'm getting she is OK and a runaway, she's with someone. I'm curious if there was anything she would be running away from. Was she speaking with anyone online before she disappeared?

av-baby said:
Kelly,

She has an NCIC number, therefore she is a missing person's case, not just a "case". When a person is entered into the NCIC, LE must choose a category. If she has not been entered in the NCIC as a missing person, she would not be on NCMA site now. They will not list fugitives. LE is using this as a cop-out, pardon the pun.

Please have a family member contact me at kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org

Kelly - I am a family member. 1st cousin and Jasmine and I are very close. It unlike her to not call me if she was angry or upset or in any kind of trouble.

KatherineQ - She went to the bank to make a transaction for her mom. She used the teller machine inside the bank. They claim that they do not have cameras outside the bank but I find that hard to believe. The police are thinking that she just left on her own. But it isn't like her to do that. This is a girl that called her mother often and told her where she was. If her mother hesitated on giving her an okay, she would come home out of fear that something was going to happen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back