816 users online (94 members and 722 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908

    NY - Toddler found drunk

    what is wrong with people, how cruel!!!!!! http://www.comcast.net/news/national...28/292933.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I can't find the story on that link.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I can't find the story on that link.
    Not sure, but this may be the same article.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/29/drunk.toddler.ap/

  4. #4
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    what is wrong with people, how cruel!!!!!! http://www.comcast.net/news/national...28/292933.html

    I heard on Fox News that the man who was watching the kids was passed out drunk. Therefore, it is possble that the child grabbed the guy's beer or booze and drank it. I don't think it would take much to get a child's BAL to .09

    Not saying it's right, by any means. Just saying the man may not have intentionally fed the child the alcohol. But, he is negligent.

    Just now heard on Fox he was charged with Child Endangerment.

    Edited to add link:

    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...ostemailedlink

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Why did CPS take the kids? And what hoops will the parents have to jump through to get them back?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    And the mother was in the hospital to have another child! That's just what they need ... another baby,to leave with a drunk!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    I want to hear the rest of the story before I judge the parents. Who knows why the drunk was left in charge. Did they leave in a hurry in the middle of the night? I want more details. BUT.....the drunk needs to serve jail time for sure!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    The thing is the baby could have died from alcohol poisoning. I've never heard of having all that hard liquor around kids - the guy is obviously such a drunk and I find it hard to believe the father didn't know his cousin was a drunk.

    It's hard to say who's to blame unless you know all the facts, but the cousin is obviously negligent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    The thing is the baby could have died from alcohol poisoning. I've never heard of having all that hard liquor around kids - the guy is obviously such a drunk and I find it hard to believe the father didn't know his cousin was a drunk.

    It's hard to say who's to blame unless you know all the facts, but the cousin is obviously negligent.
    Oh..for sure! Look how many kids die each year at colleges from alcohol poisoning. Yes, something should be done. I just want to know the rest of the story. I wonder where the grandparents are? Could all four be dead? I just don't know what to think.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Just heard on the news that the father has a protection order now against him to keep from being near the children..

    That is right .. The father NOT the uncle who was the adult who was watching them when the incident occured..

    Can anyone find any info on this??


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    Good! He must have known better.

  12. #12
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Just heard on the news that the father has a protection order now against him to keep from being near the children..

    That is right .. The father NOT the uncle who was the adult who was watching them when the incident occured..

    Can anyone find any info on this??

    Here's the latest I could find.

    Apparently, Mr. Gomez, the two-year old's father, is ordered to stay away from the apartment and from the children, until this can be investigated further. According to the article, Mr. Gomez, has had some prior issues with the court system.



Similar Threads

  1. CA - Mom & toddler killed by drunk driver, Livermore, 2 May 2015
    By shadowraiths in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2015, 04:59 PM
  2. TX - Mom jailed after toddler gets drunk on alcohol
    By MorenoI in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 12:06 PM
  3. Mail Carrier Found Drunk, Inside a Residence
    By ges79 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  4. Toddler found with new furry friend.
    By Moggie in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
  5. FL - Marijuana Found In Toddler's Diaper
    By Alice253 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:42 PM