816 users online (94 members and 722 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Toddler found drunk

what is wrong with people, how cruel!!!!!! http://www.comcast.net/news/national...28/292933.html

I can't find the story on that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I can't find the story on that link.
    Not sure, but this may be the same article.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/12/29/drunk.toddler.ap/

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    what is wrong with people, how cruel!!!!!! http://www.comcast.net/news/national...28/292933.html

I heard on Fox News that the man who was watching the kids was passed out drunk. Therefore, it is possble that the child grabbed the guy's beer or booze and drank it. I don't think it would take much to get a child's BAL to .09

Not saying it's right, by any means. Just saying the man may not have intentionally fed the child the alcohol. But, he is negligent.

Just now heard on Fox he was charged with Child Endangerment.

Edited to add link:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...ostemailedlink

Why did CPS take the kids? And what hoops will the parents have to jump through to get them back?

And the mother was in the hospital to have another child! That's just what they need ... another baby,to leave with a drunk!

I want to hear the rest of the story before I judge the parents. Who knows why the drunk was left in charge. Did they leave in a hurry in the middle of the night? I want more details. BUT.....the drunk needs to serve jail time for sure!!!

The thing is the baby could have died from alcohol poisoning. I've never heard of having all that hard liquor around kids - the guy is obviously such a drunk and I find it hard to believe the father didn't know his cousin was a drunk.

It's hard to say who's to blame unless you know all the facts, but the cousin is obviously negligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    The thing is the baby could have died from alcohol poisoning. I've never heard of having all that hard liquor around kids - the guy is obviously such a drunk and I find it hard to believe the father didn't know his cousin was a drunk.

It's hard to say who's to blame unless you know all the facts, but the cousin is obviously negligent.
    Oh..for sure! Look how many kids die each year at colleges from alcohol poisoning. Yes, something should be done. I just want to know the rest of the story. I wonder where the grandparents are? Could all four be dead? I just don't know what to think.

Just heard on the news that the father has a protection order now against him to keep from being near the children..

That is right .. The father NOT the uncle who was the adult who was watching them when the incident occured..

Can anyone find any info on this??

Good! He must have known better.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Just heard on the news that the father has a protection order now against him to keep from being near the children..

That is right .. The father NOT the uncle who was the adult who was watching them when the incident occured..

Can anyone find any info on this??

Here's the latest I could find.

Apparently, Mr. Gomez, the two-year old's father, is ordered to stay away from the apartment and from the children, until this can be investigated further. According to the article, Mr. Gomez, has had some prior issues with the court system.